Author Topic: MKStudios LPPD walk-in problem  (Read 1705 times)

plguzman

MKStudios LPPD walk-in problem
« on: February 23, 2022, 10:49:38 pm »
Hello.

When I try to setup the walk-in gates at LPPD  the waypoints are not saved. The passengers just walk straight from the insertion point to the stairs.

The other airports I have tested all work ok.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: MKStudios LPPD walk-in problem
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 09:06:46 am »
Do the correct waypoints still show if you reenter the editor ?

plguzman

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 10:26:10 pm »
No. Only the Pax gate remains in place. The others are lost.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2022, 08:21:13 am »
Did you already had a GSX profile for that airport ? Try to remove it and start a new one.

plguzman

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2022, 06:29:50 pm »
I have no profile. But when I create one, the file's name appears in the position customization, but never appears in the GSX folder. When I leave the airport and reload it, there's nothing saved (since the file never appeared in the folder). I have customized another airports with walk-in gates and they save perfectly  :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2022, 10:13:45 pm »
Does the scenery already comes with a GSX profile provided by the scenery developers ?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 07:17:51 pm by virtuali »

plguzman

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2022, 06:12:09 am »
I think not, but they have another airports like Dublin that don't either and work perfectly with GSX (jetways and walk-in).

What makes me wonder is why can't a profile be saved. Its the first time I see that.

skipy33

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2022, 11:25:45 am »
I have the same issue. Using ORBX distribution of MKStudios the installation path (ORBX\p3dv5\LPPD Ponta Delgada João Paulo II Airport\ORBX\MKStudios\MK_LPPD\Scenery) contains a special character in JOAO PAULO name. I suppose the problem is here. Other tools don't like this addon as well. Of course you can rename the directory and make the change in addon.cfg but in this case ORBX Central won't find it anymore.

Skip.

PS: I've found a workaround by creating a symbolic link between p3dv5\LPPD Ponta Delgada João Paulo II and p3dv5\LPPD Ponta Delgada Joao Paulo II and editing programdata add-ons.cfg (needs admin privilege). GSX LPPD ini file is now created.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 03:33:01 pm by skipy33 »

Stroggs

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2022, 04:33:36 pm »
I can confirm that when changing the letter ã to an a and editing add-ons.cfg problem solved but now problem with ORBX central not finding the LPPD scenery.
I do not know how to make an "symbolic link"
Is there any other solution to this?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2022, 04:50:07 pm »
I can confirm that when changing the letter ã to an a and editing add-ons.cfg problem solved but now problem with ORBX central not finding the LPPD scenery.
I do not know how to make an "symbolic link"
Is there any other solution to this?
I don't have access to ORBX Central since I'm not at home, but if you go to the sceneries, there should be an option to migrate the scenery. Otherwise you may be looking at reinstalling it.
Captain Kevin