Author Topic: How to learn to use the NIMIZ  (Read 8301 times)

AnttiJaakko

How to learn to use the NIMIZ
« on: January 04, 2010, 10:30:27 pm »
Hello
This is my first post so let me introduce myself.  I started flying Flightsimulators at the early 90 ties. My first FlightSim was Graphsim FA-18 Hornet Macintosh and I still admire of its working functions and comprehensive Manual. I live in the Central Finland and our Airforce have several Hornets here and therefore I am so interested in Hornets.
I hope this was not too long.

I would like to learn to use Javier Fernandez s great carrier  NIMIZ. I have looked from everywhere to find at least unofficial instrucions or quideline to subject, but have not found a line.
I have dowloaded and installed the files, NIMIZ and Aicarries2, hopeing to get some hints how to use them but nothing.

Please give me least a little light to subject and piece of advice how to continue.

AnttiJaakko

Imaslipper

Re: How to learn to use the NIMIZ
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 11:44:38 pm »
i would also benefit from some sort of tutorial. honestly i downloaded the Nimitz and AICarriers2. but i still have no idea what i'm doing. I have yet to figure out the Nimitz at all i can't even find it thanks.    -Slipper
“Nothing can stop the attack of aircraft except other aircraft.” -Billy Mitchell

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 12:14:34 am »
AnttiJaakko: I'm not using the addons described so cannot offer advice. However I would be interested to know if you are using the default carrier in FSX Accelerator with the new improved HUD for the default Hornet. That will always be an excellent introduction to any other carrier FSX addons IMHO. Also not having used the addons described I would think some readme.txt help file would be useful. Is one of these supplied? That may be another start point for you if there is such a readme.txt.
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Tony360

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 02:23:26 am »
Try explaining a bit more what you need help with. I use both the Nimitz and Aicarriers, and fly carrier patterns pretty much every day using them. Do you need help installing it, or something else?

Razgriz

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 02:41:56 am »
For the USS Nimitz, theres a .cfg file (cvn_68_69) you need to put in your AICarriers2 installation (C:\Program Files\AICarriers\conf.d), then go in game to load the ships.  To load them in the sim, you need to first press Alt, and verify that a bar is at the top of your FSX window.  All the way to the right on the bar, is a  menu called Addons.  Go to AIShips or something along the lines of that (I'm doing this off memory, excuse me if I'm wrong), pick the boat and configuration (I recommend Configuration 1 and fleet for everyday use), and go do some traps!

Imaslipper

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 03:01:29 am »
ok thanks, but what is the deal with this Nimitz? I saw today that you load it as a mission. How does one get in the (excuse my memory) glideslope scope thing? Or i thought I saw somewhere that you cannot join the mission after the session has started?    -Slipper
“Nothing can stop the attack of aircraft except other aircraft.” -Billy Mitchell

Razgriz

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 03:59:01 am »
ok thanks, but what is the deal with this Nimitz? I saw today that you load it as a mission. How does one get in the (excuse my memory) glideslope scope thing? Or i thought I saw somewhere that you cannot join the mission after the session has started?    -Slipper

If the new hud is installed, tune the TACAN in the F/A-18 to 57X or 112.00 for the ILS/TACAN on the Nimitz. 

Orion

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 06:52:57 am »
The mission you're referring to is probably mine.  My mission is a multiplayer mission that allows you to use Javier's Nimitz in FSX Acceleration multiplayer.  It isn't required if you're interested in just getting it in free flight, but can amount to quite a bit of fun if you've got some friends online and want to fly with them.

AnttiJaakko

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 09:22:12 am »
SpazSinbad:
Yes  I am using the default carrier in FSX Accelerator with the new improved HUD for the default Hornet and I like them very much.
I am also trying to learn to use VRS Hornet in FS9 and that makes me busy. I have also preordered the VRS Hornet for FSX, so wait and see.
There is a ReadMe file Ok, but as I am Newbie in FSX and knew nothing of loading AI carriers and so on, I was little confused. Now I can see that I have received good answers and  I shall give it a try.

Razgriz:
Thank you for your clear answers.
They vere just what I was looking for and I will try them at the nearest future

Anttijaakko

AnttiJaakko

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 06:13:41 pm »
Hello
Now I have made it. I have landed with my Hornet once on the Deck of the USS NIMIZ.
Congratulatios to Javier Thrawn of this Piece of Art.

BTW how can I verify if Aicarriers2 is working?

ESzczesniak

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 07:36:08 pm »
Hello
Now I have made it. I have landed with my Hornet once on the Deck of the USS NIMIZ.
Congratulatios to Javier Thrawn of this Piece of Art.

BTW how can I verify if Aicarriers2 is working?

Well, I guess if the ship shows up when you select it.  To verify that it is installed as a module though simply go the the MSFS task bar and verify that it shows up as a menu item under modules (I believe it's listed as "AI Ships" or similar).