Author Topic: Released: Multiplayer Carrier Ops - Nimitz  (Read 155253 times)

Razgriz

Re: Released: Multiplayer Carrier Ops - Nimitz
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2010, 02:59:37 am »
Noob question, but can someone tell me what the frequencies are for landing on the carriers?

57X for the Nimitz.

Orion

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2010, 06:52:43 pm »
So here's the final list:

1. Me :P
2. Sludge
3. Tony360 (still need Skype/contact information from you)
4. legomanjcg
5. Afterburn93
6. Paco
7. Sonofabeech
8. Jivko (2 PM)
9. Raul
10. Don
11. Adam

Still 4 more spots if anyone wants to take them ;).  If more than 4 people want to join, you can join as observers and get into the session as players as other players leave.

See you in the skies :).

Orion
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 06:54:23 pm by Orion »

Paco

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2010, 04:19:55 am »
Guys,

Enjoyed the multiplayer.  Amazed at the work gamers do for free.  Imagine if Microsoft had released FSX with all the tricks you guys have made.

/r,
Paco

mikpen14

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2010, 05:52:45 am »

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2010, 08:32:55 am »
Sorry I dropped out fellas... had to take off early, a friend needed me and didnt have time to explain.

Anyway, once I got Javier's carrier running, was one of the best times EVER!!  Lots of laughs and we should have some great pics from some of the form flights.

I recommend we do this alot more.  Thanks to everyone involved and all the people who joined up!  Guess we found out Paco is a pretty good sim Hornet driver, eh?  Just gotta remember to drop the hook, LIKE ME!!  HAHA!!!

Later
Sludge

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2010, 10:40:43 am »
Probably the most fun in a multiplayer session Ive ever experienced thanks to all who made it happen
great to finally chat to some of you guys who Ive only communicated via the forums .... soo many aircraft on one carrier lol
Looking forward to the next one !! Interested to see what aircraft j.r. is going to try next , ;D
Nice flying everone and remember dont drink and fly ..you might spill it

Sonofabeech out

Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

Tony360

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2010, 12:44:01 pm »
Damnit, I missed it due to real world flying commitments. It sounds like it was a hell of a lot of a fun though, so next time we do it i'll be there. :)

Paco

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2010, 01:17:42 pm »
Sorry I dropped out fellas... had to take off early, a friend needed me and didnt have time to explain.

Anyway, once I got Javier's carrier running, was one of the best times EVER!!  Lots of laughs and we should have some great pics from some of the form flights.

I recommend we do this alot more.  Thanks to everyone involved and all the people who joined up!  Guess we found out Paco is a pretty good sim Hornet driver, eh?  Just gotta remember to drop the hook, LIKE ME!!  HAHA!!!

Later
Sludge

Sludge,

Thanks for the compliment.  Yes, that hook thing is kinda important.  Anyway, send me an email and I'll send pics.  I might put a few up here as well.

Paco

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2010, 04:51:57 pm »
Just a few pics for everyone to enjoy from yesterday's festivities.  I had lead and Paco was #2, doing some easy VFR form flying around the Golden Gate.

Laterz
Sludge

Paco

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2010, 07:59:15 pm »
Guys,

Got a bunch of photos from last night, but they are too large to post.  How do you trim them down?

Thanks,
Paco

neutrino

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2010, 10:00:05 pm »
I use a free program called IrfanView for viewing images, it's probably the most popular. When you open up an image you just click Save and save it as a jpeg with 90% quality.

An laternative would be to use Paintbrush, but there are more steps and you don't get to choose the quality.

Orion

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2010, 10:25:04 pm »
Sorry I didn't really get any, but I did get these two from when we started and took off.

Session had just started and we were all lined up :).

An attempted formation takeoff, but we weren't really being that coordinated :P.

Paco: Yep, as I said over Skype and as Jivko said, you can use the freeware program Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com/) to resize and change the format of your screenshots.  There's even a function to do in batches :).  For uploading, I save them as JPG files at 100% quality and resize/resample it to 1024 to what's proportional (640 for me).  If you don't want to use Irfanview, there's always the Paint tool included with Windows :P.

Paco

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2010, 01:32:23 am »
All,

Some screenshots from last night.  Enjoy.

Paco

Orion

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2010, 03:42:55 am »
Woah, nice ones, and a bit of a tanker formation we got going there :P.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 03:44:27 am by Orion »

SUBS17

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2010, 04:19:10 am »
SUBS17: you ever try to replicate that problem?  Or has it resolved itself or something?

Yes the problem continues:
Whilst loading the mission I get:
"You appear to have lost connection to the Host"  Strange because I was the host at the time.
"Your connection to the game has been lost" This happens about 20s after mission has loaded and again I was the host I suspect gamespy is the problem or its FSX somewhere. Anyone else ever come accross this problem?