Author Topic: Released: Multiplayer Carrier Ops - Nimitz  (Read 153916 times)

Pop

Re: Released: Multiplayer Carrier Ops - Nimitz
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2009, 09:43:11 pm »
OK not map!!! Tony, tried 112.0 and did not get any thing in the mission as far as TACAN/ILS??

SUBS17

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 12:40:02 am »
Push TACAN on ICP then 57 then enter.(for 57X - x is already set)

Pop

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 03:27:27 am »
did that , but will try again!

ITSMELKL

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2009, 10:22:39 pm »
IN RESPONSE TO REPLY #10

If you'd like to change the tanker, in a word, YES, you can:
           *******JUST REMEMBER TO BACKUP THE FILE BEFORE YOU EDIT IT********
REMOVED:
I'M SEVENTY PLUS AND HAVE BAD EYESIGHT.  WHAT I WROTE WORKS FOR ME, AND I NEVER IMPLIED THAT IT WAS TO BE USED IN 'YOUR'
MULTIPLAYER MISSION. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 04:48:50 am by ITSMELKL »

Orion

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2009, 10:51:06 pm »
ITSMELKL: First off, please don't use all caps, as it's considered impolite.  With that over, I'd like to mention I've already explained that you can't and the reasons why in the post I linked to in that post you mentioned (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2224.msg20405#msg20405).

Since you don't seem to get the message, I'll rephrase it and state it again.  If you try the method you've mentioned, you won't necessarily be able to refuel properly.  There's a predefined area built into the mission telling the simulator where you'll automatically be refueled from, and the area is designed specifically for the default 737 model.  If you use a larger model, the refueling area will still be in the same location relative to the center of the aircraft, so it could be much further towards the center of the aircraft then you expect, instead of below the tail.

If you want to change the refueling zone, first, it'd be against the license & legal terms you agreed to when you installed the mission, and if you did break them, you'd need to be able to decompile a SPB (Sim-Prop Binary) file, edit it to match your new model and recompile it.  If you do that, you may as well have just changed the original AI aircraft title in the mission itself instead, and not have gone through editing the aircraft.cfg, but aside that, once you try to join a session, you won't be allowed to since your mission file no longer matches the host's file.  If you host the session, then other players would not be able to connect to your session.  If you redistribute your edited file, that again breaks the license in two parts (decompiling the mission and redistributing without permission).

Edit: Okay, if you missed it, that's fine with me, as long as we're on the same page.  I'd think saying "IN RESPONSE TO REPLY #10" would imply you're referring to my mission, because I was referring to it in that post.  Also, just curious, why did you put your in quotes?  And one last thing - if you're trying to start an argument or get me mad, don't bother.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 06:58:19 am by Orion »

SUBS17

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 06:37:34 am »
Heres an idea in the VRS Superhornet on FS9 you can inflight refuel and the probe connects to the basket now I wonder if the same can be achieved in FSX by using the same program I think its FSUIPC. I think there is alot of potential for your mission to continue evolving Orion even a small thing like switching the tanker for something like a KC10 or S3 would be cool you have done an awesome job getting this to work in MP.

Orion

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2010, 07:01:55 am »
SUBS17: Sounds like a good idea, but as you said, it would most likely require a 3rd party tool such as FSUIPC or an application which utilizes SimConnect.  Even then, it'd have to be synchronized between all users (external of Flight Sim), which would make things a LOT harder.  Doing a "small" thing like using a different aircraft would add more size to the mission, require permission from more developer(s) and in general would make things more complicated (for the aforementioned reasons, then there's support and what not).  And also, did you ever try to replicate that problem?  Or has it resolved itself or something?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 07:04:12 am by Orion »

Orion

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 12:05:26 am »
Not to double post, but this has nothing to do with the previous post, so I'll stick it in here :P.

Anyways, I've got a multiplayer session planned and so far there are 3 confirmed people joining (4 if you include me).  The session will be sometime tomorrow (January 9th 2010, GMT -08:00).

If anyone would like to join us, feel free to post here or send me a PM ;D.

neutrino

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2010, 12:57:55 am »
- Who's up there?

- Cougar, Merlin, Maverick and Goose.

- Great. Maverick and Goose!

;D

Orion

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2010, 02:57:13 am »
It looks like we'll be starting the session at about 1 PM on January 9th 2010 (GMT -08:00, Pacific Time).

So far we've got 7 people (Don, Chris, Jivko (neutrino), Josh, Orion (me), Sonofabeech and Steve), possibly 10 (if Adam, Jonathan and Peter join).

Let's see if it's even possible to get to the theoretical maximum limit of my mission (15) ;D!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 06:53:28 pm by Orion »

Orion

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 08:15:07 pm »
So that everyone?  The previous post has been updated with the final time and everyone who's planning on joining.  If you want to join, post below and/or contact me via PM for further contact information.

See you in the virtual skies :)!

P.S. Yay, 100th post :).

Orion

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2010, 01:20:05 am »
Session was great :D!  Turned out that Adam, Don, Josh, Jivko (neutrino), Peter, Simon (Sonofabeech) and me (duh :P) were all able to make it :)!  We had some great fun flying about, flying carrier ops and doing stunts around the Golden Gate Bridge (sorry, no screenshots of the stunts, but I believe Jivko got some video footage with Fraps).  Quite a crowded deck at times ;D!

Here are some screenshots that I took:

J.R. landing

Two people trying to land at the same time :P

Me and J.R. landing (we both actually made it :P)

Peter landing the T-45

And here are some Peter took, sent to me and asked me to upload for him:

F-14 over water

On final

Me (Orion) heading off

Flying the T-45

Tower

Orion

P.S. Anyone up for a flight tomorrow or next weekend?

neutrino

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2010, 05:57:53 am »
Peter's shots are amazing ;D I went through the footage - there is good stuff (like Orion driving 400 kts on Golden Gate Bridge), so if I have time I will make a short vid  ;)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2010, 07:40:02 pm »
Just installed all the stuff...  Its been fun and a learning experience.

Would definately be up for a flight tonite, if you guys are up for it?

Later
Sludge

Orion

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2010, 07:58:00 pm »
I'll be around, dunno if anyone else is going to be though.