Author Topic: GSX loading some jetways in backwards ...  (Read 4233 times)

trisho0

GSX loading some jetways in backwards ...
« on: April 25, 2021, 04:55:18 am »
From SLCB scenery I have Gates 4 and 5 with jetways in backwards. Also if I reload the scenery the jetways change the logo as well and still mispositioned. Is there a way to turn the jetway in 180 degrees or is it a bug?
Patricio
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 04:58:40 am by trisho0 »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX loading some jetways in backwards ...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 07:18:04 am »
Did you do the jetway customization yourself or did the scenery come with those jetways. I'm not sure which scenery that is, so couldn't really tell you where to start.
Captain Kevin

trisho0

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 03:51:05 pm »
Did you do the jetway customization yourself or did the scenery come with those jetways. I'm not sure which scenery that is, so couldn't really tell you where to start.
Hello my dear friend Captain Kevin, I didn't do anything with jetways myself (I don't know how to do that). The scenery came with jetways visible from AFCAD via ADE. The Scenery is SLCB Cochabamba, Bolivia.
Thanks for helping on this one.
Patricio

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 10:15:46 pm »
I'm asking who the developer of the scenery is.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 10:18:49 pm »
Those jetways are the replacement model for the default jetways so, if you are not using a specific GSX profile and/or you haven't customized them yourself, I guess they have been automatically replaced by GSX just like in the default sceneries.

If only some gates are wrong, it seems they are simply reversed in the AFCAD. Of course, if you do your own GSX customization, you can fix everything, otherwise you must edit the AFCAD ( or tell the developer )

trisho0

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 02:17:53 am »
I'm asking who the developer of the scenery is.
I downloaded freeware from http://3dmodelbrasil.com then select Bolivia New.
Patricio

trisho0

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2021, 02:22:03 am »
Those jetways are the replacement model for the default jetways so, if you are not using a specific GSX profile and/or you haven't customized them yourself, I guess they have been automatically replaced by GSX just like in the default sceneries.

If only some gates are wrong, it seems they are simply reversed in the AFCAD. Of course, if you do your own GSX customization, you can fix everything, otherwise you must edit the AFCAD ( or tell the developer )
I don't know how to make GSX ini files and I can't find a way to turn the jetways in question to 180 degrees from ADE. I am not an expert with ADE. Thanks so much.
Patricio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2021, 09:49:58 am »
I don't know how to make GSX ini files and I can't find a way to turn the jetways in question to 180 degrees from ADE. I am not an expert with ADE. Thanks so much.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19171.0.html

trisho0

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2021, 12:00:23 am »

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19171.0.html
OK, I did a test with P3Dv4 and P3dv5 using the recommended link learning how to make GSX.ini file. I can turn in circle the jetway via wheel mouse and to relocate it by clicking on the ground. The jetway moves as I want.
With FSX I can't turn in circle via mouse or keyboard but moves to left, right, front and back. The wheel mouse is doing nothing so, how to do circle?
Patricio

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2021, 12:58:34 am »
You're using FSX?
Captain Kevin

trisho0

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2021, 02:14:40 am »
You're using FSX?
My dear Captain Kevin, well ..... I have to tell you I do have a Collection in my system being said as FS2004, FSX, P3Dv4.5, P3Dv5.1, XP11 and MSFS2020 sims all in a 12TB drive D:
Patricio

trisho0

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2021, 03:59:19 am »
I found to rotate in circle the jetway in question with FSX I need to hold the Space keyboard while turning the wheel mouse and it turns in one direction. So, I keep turning the jetway and then to use arrows keyboard to position the jetway correctly. At the end I get the GSX.ini file which I cut/paste from C:\Users\JustMe\AppData\Roaming\virtuali\GSX folder to the FSX SLCB scenery folder.......Voila! So, completed the trick in FSX, P3Dv4 and v5 all jetways working as intended.
Many thanks to all from this thread I am sure will be good source for others.
Patricio

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2021, 11:44:23 am »
Okay, next time, it would be helpful to know which simulator you're having the issue with. I had thought you were having this issue in P3D V4 and would have had a look when I had the time. I can't do anything if it's FSX as I don't have FSX installed on either my computer at home or my laptop.
Captain Kevin

trisho0

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2021, 03:53:51 pm »
Okay, next time, it would be helpful to know which simulator you're having the issue with. I had thought you were having this issue in P3D V4 and would have had a look when I had the time. I can't do anything if it's FSX as I don't have FSX installed on either my computer at home or my laptop.
I had the jetways problem with FSX, P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5.1 all resolved with GSX.ini file.
So, you didn't waste time but learned my experience.
Patricio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2021, 02:40:19 pm »
The easiest way to rotate anything in GSX is F7/F8, which rotates fast, snapped at 15 deg intervals and aligned to the parking. THEN, after you get the general rotation right, use the NumPad 1/2 keys to rotate slowly.

GSX Manual, Page 41 and Page 46.