Author Topic: Regarding GSX not working after 3 years away but fixed :)  (Read 1438 times)

limjack

Regarding GSX not working after 3 years away but fixed :)
« on: August 21, 2020, 03:27:56 am »
Hello all!  The new Microsoft sim release kinda of jolted me out of my 3 year hibernation from FSX.
So I was excited to fire up my machine again to see what was new in the sim world. Began the process of updating FSX with all my addons ....OH MY! Once I got to my FSDT airports I was noticing double towers and other anomalies. Also GSX was only allowing me to the menu where you can open the hanger doors.  Had this issue in the past and I had made notes to myself on how to fix.  After 3 years you forget a lot!  So glad the notes were there to remind me.  Anyhow went to check all the appropriate BGL files in the ORBX folder were turned off.  Everything looked good at a quick glance. 
Long story short after searching forum and doing many things and none worked I went into my FSX library and my FSDT airports were somehow moved down the list....way down in the 90,91 and 92 position.  So moved them all back up to the top. GSX then came to life and my double towers disappeared once again.  What a victory moment!!!
Klas gave me a little more grief with the floating jetways so went back into the appropriate file to make sure the BGL files were turned off in the ORBX folder.  They were BUT somehow new duplicate ones got added.  I’m assuming when FTX did it’s update it added  the ones I turned off.  Anyhow turned those off as well and everything is working fine.
By the way love the passengers action getting on the plane as well as the flight crew.  A job well done and appreciated by me. 
Link to the bgl file fix just Incase you need
https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107872-sca-compatibility-with-fsdreamteam-klas/