Author Topic: V5 AFCAD`s  (Read 5199 times)

rjlfry

V5 AFCAD`s
« on: June 14, 2020, 11:22:36 am »
I have posted about this on LM support site, but I will bring it to your attention using the latest ADE for V5 just editing the gate sizes and codes and turning off the addon AFCAD and naming the edited AFCAD the same and active, you will get problems default scenery bleed through not just on FSDT airport other as well, I`m posting this just in case users think it`s an FSDT problem.

KORDV2 AFCAD edited gate sizes and codes only.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/50004671842/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/50003891113/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/50003890778/in/dateposted-public/

Regards Ray Fry.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: V5 AFCAD`s
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 11:17:27 pm »
Are you using ADE in P3D V4 or V5 mode ? We don't use sloped runways and, since we install into a folder shared with P3D V4, it's best you keep the AFCAD in V4 format.

rjlfry

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 11:29:40 pm »
Ah I`m using the V5 ADE i will see what happens when i go back to V4 ADE , i don`t use V4.5 anymore and have removed it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 11:34:45 pm »
Ah I`m using the V5 ADE i will see what happens when i go back to V4 ADE , i don`t use V4.5 anymore and have removed it.

Even if you removed V4.5, I still suggest using the V4 format the scenery was made with. When not using sloped runways or 8.33 frequency separation, there's no benefit using the V5 format.

rjlfry

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 11:58:59 pm »
Luckily i still have the V4 project BGL`s and that solved the problem, but ADE 175 will not work unless you have v4 installed this could be a problem in the future.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 10:38:12 pm »
but ADE 175 will not work unless you have v4 installed this could be a problem in the future.

I think the only thing required would be the V4 SDK, rather than the sim. You won't be able to open a stock .BGL from V4, but as long you only need to edit a 3rd party .BGL, not having the sim installed shouldn't be a problem. But you'll surely need the V4 SDK installed.

rjlfry

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 11:31:29 am »
I will try that i still have 4.5 and the SDK files on my external backup drive.

rjlfry

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 04:19:38 pm »
Sadly just installing the V4 SDK will not work you can open the CAD file but not compile it without the 4.5 scenery Config installed. This i think will be a problem going forward for users that edit the CAD files.

rjlfry

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2020, 11:04:57 am »
I have had to re-install V4.5 to use ADE 176, I now have two versions of ADE I found FlightBeam has the same result if compiled with v5 ADE 179 default scenery showing in the airport.
This i suspect is due to like FSDT using the same CAD file for both versions V4 and V5, ADE 176 will not open a V5 base AFCAD any addon AFCAD using the V5 format needs ADE 179 to edit it,

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2020, 06:39:37 pm »
 You can use ADE 1.79 to edit the older v4 ade's and update them to v5 easily. So far I've used Jon's (Scrufyduck) method that he recommends. Open your project and then load stock data which adds micro excludes for the default taxisigns and scenery objects, then go into list and delete those objects labeled as Stock=True. So far, I've done it with about 75 ADE's and it works fine.

rjlfry

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2020, 06:28:09 pm »
Users will have to do this then with FSDT FlightBeam and MK Studios airports could be more to come.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2020, 03:42:06 am »
 Well for those that don't care to learn ADE to fix it themselves it's not an issue and for those of us like you and I that modify the ADE's to suit our needs, it's not a problem as it only takes a couple of minutes to do and only needs to be done once per airport.
 I haven't even used any of the airport files that come with the v5 airport releases, I just convert the ones that I already have and so far haven't had any issues so far.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2020, 01:39:26 pm »
Users will have to do this then with FSDT FlightBeam and MK Studios airports could be more to come.

There's nothing you should do with our AFCADs. We updated them all ( I think the only one still left to do is KFLL ), and they work perfectly as they are in both V4 and V5.

This because, since we use GSX Jetways, we don't need "micro-exclude" anymore, because the one and only reason to use micro-exclude, was due to a BUG that caused *standard* jetways to be Excluded even in the same scenery area, instead of only in the layers below as it should be. Because of this bug, developers had to come up with the micro-exclude method, which was cumbersome and caused lots problems if there was another non-default scenery below for the same airport, but it was the only way when using standard jetways.

But since we now use GSX L2 jetways for all our sceneries ( some still weren't until very recently, like the Hawaiian airports, which we just updated ), the micro exclude method is no longer required, so we now use normal "big" excludes, which are:

- faster for the sim to process ( way less areas instead of many small ones )

- more resilient to bleed-through from other non-default sceneries in the area

- don't require to provide different AFCAD for P3D V4 and V5 *just* because they neeed to micro-exclude different versions of the default underlying airport.

That's why we CAN ( and it's the proper choice ) supply with the same AFCAD that works with V4 and V5: we don't need different micro-excludes for each sim, because we use GSX jetways.

If an airport doesn't require 8.33 frequency separation and doesn't have Sloped runways ( which come with a cost in performance ), there's no need to create a "V5" AFCAD, once you solved the exclude problem, which we surely have.

Yes, of course, if you want to MODIFY our AFCAD, then you must know how to use ADE, but it's not required at all, unless you want to change parking assignments for AI.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2020, 05:00:52 pm »
 Thanks, Umberto for the clarification!