Author Topic: update logs V5  (Read 3220 times)

micstatic

update logs V5
« on: May 28, 2020, 10:48:33 pm »
Hey.  I was wondering if you keep release notes anywhere or if just the ones in the couatl log.  I keep updates from occurring (DONTUPDATE) on a few sceneries that don't have dynamic lighting.  I would like to remove those if I knew an important update was out and then put the dontupdate file back to maintain my DL.  I realize you don't like the dontupdate thing, however flying without dynamic lighting isn't something I really have any interest in doing anymore.  Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: update logs V5
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 05:02:37 pm »
If your issue is Inibuilds files, I suggest removing all your DONTUPDATE files once, be sure you get all the latest AFCAD files, and restore the files, at least once, so you can get all the files we updated for P3D V5.

micstatic

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 11:04:26 am »
thanks.  Yes that's what I do.  I was just wondering if there is a way to know that updates are available for specific ones.  That way I only need to go thru the process if needed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 01:08:16 pm »
I was just wondering if there is a way to know that updates are available for specific ones. 

When we updated for P3D V5, we basically updated all our AFCADs ( a couple in the Hawaii are still missing yet ), that's why I told you to update them all.

micstatic

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 01:29:00 pm »
you are misunderstanding me.  I've updated since then.  In fact i typically run the COUATL updater every few days to make sure I haven't missed anything.  But sometimes I'll notice textures being updated at a specific airport.  Things like that.  So that's why I was wondering if I'm missing updates

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 01:36:42 pm »
But sometimes I'll notice textures being updated at a specific airport.  

That's an entirely different issue, that doesn't have anything to being outdated or not.

SOME of our sceneries, like KLAX, needs to have some very small fixes applied to some materials, depending if they are run in FSX or P3D, and those changes are applied "on the fly", when the scenery starts, so you won't have to install either multiple copies of the ( mostly same ) files and you won't have to remember to run external "configurators".

This is very efficient but, it doesn't play very nicely with Live Update, since we don't have both versions ( patched or not patched ) of those files on the server so, especially if you use FSX and P3D, the Live Update is "updating" the files, because they were left patched ( or not ) depending which simulator you use last so, if their current status doesn't match the server status, the Live Update is assuming they must be updated.

We are not using this method anymore, because P3D V4 and V5 allows far more flexibility with varying set of files required by each simulator, and we don't support FSX anymore so, it should not happen very often and, in any case, it's not a problem for you, it's just us "wasting" a bit more server bandwidth that we otherwise would.

micstatic

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 02:51:59 pm »
excellent.  Thank you