Author Topic: Registrations for P3DV5 won't stick - P3DV4 on the same machine **SOLVED**  (Read 3202 times)

ahuimanu

As the subject line says, I am going straight into trial mode everytime I boot into P3DV5.  I downloaded the latest installer and it isn't changed.

As a result, for both LFSB and KORD, buildings and terminals are missing parts

https://i.imgur.com/OuWI8lh.jpg

BTW, the sceneries work just find in P3DV4
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 09:42:35 pm by virtuali »

airwolf

Re: Registrations for P3DV5 won't stick - P3DV4 on the same machine
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 10:24:33 am »
Similar thing is happening to me.  I just moved them out of P3Dv4 addon directory for a bit and put them back in P3Dv4 Addon directory - and all my sceneries are in trial mode.  I hope I did not lose activations.  In the past I have never had any problems especially when upgrading the p3dv4 .x upgrades.

In P3dv4 - everything is trial mode.  If I click on register - it does prompt me with my serial (as it is registry) to register?  will I lose my previous activations.

I also have P3Dv5 installed.

Any ideas on what is going on

airwolf

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 10:33:58 am »
Wait on my end - I just realized that it was SODE wasn't activated.  I guess to the op - Run Sode app and register app.

Can I just drag and drop the folders into P3Dv5?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 12:24:58 pm »
As the subject line says, I am going straight into trial mode everytime I boot into P3DV5.

That's not Trial mode,  Trial mode means everything is working normally and THEN it disappear after 5 minutes. If you don't seen buildings on start, it's not Trial mode, it's just wrong. Of course, I cannot replicate it. so, check all the following:

- be absolutely sure you added the Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions

- be absolutely sure you turn off every firewall or similar security software that might interfere with the download

- run the FSDT Live update after you are sure you checked the first two points.

- if that doesn't work, try after a Windows restart

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 12:30:53 pm »
Can I just drag and drop the folders into P3Dv5?

Surely not for GSX or any other FSDT product, it will never work, because we have specific modules that works with P3D V5 and do not work for V4 and vice-versa. To install our products in P3D V5, you MUST download and install the new installer that supports P3D V5, which will create a *different* add-on.xml for it.

airwolf

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 07:59:47 pm »
Thank you - all is working on my end.