Author Topic: No “couatl powered products” in the Add-on Menu  (Read 8421 times)

tinu122

No “couatl powered products” in the Add-on Menu
« on: November 14, 2009, 07:19:28 pm »
Hello

I bought your fantastic sceneries Geneva and ZurichX.
Unfortunately I have the same problems like other users. I don’t see buildings in Geneva and Zurich.

I looked at the support forum and found different threads about this problem.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2040.0
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=963.0

So I checked all this things but the sceneries didn’t working (uninstall, new install, virus scanner and so on).
After a little bit testing I saw that my sceneries worked by hazard. That means when I start FSX sometimes I see buildings and sometimes I don’t see buildings.
Every time the sceneries didn’t work, I don’t found the “couatl powered products” in the Add-on Menu but the “Add-on Manger “  is visible (also when there are no buildings).

I also checked the simconnect.ini (see attachment).

Do you ever have this problem?

Martin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No “couatl powered products” in the Add-on Menu
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 09:54:17 pm »
After a little bit testing I saw that my sceneries worked by hazard. That means when I start FSX sometimes I see buildings and sometimes I don’t see buildings. Every time the sceneries didn’t work, I don’t found the “couatl powered products” in the Add-on Menu but the “Add-on Manger “  is visible (also when there are no buildings)

I also checked the simconnect.ini (see attachment).

It's not clear, from your message, if when you see the Couatl.exe loading in simconnect.ini, you don't see its menu.

Because, one thing is that Couatl is not loading, which is the problem others have, which is always related to antivirus (if the antivirus is blocking it, it will NOT load) or problem with Windows trusting mechanism, but it's an entirely different thing, if Couatl IS loading, but you don't see its menu.

So, if your situation is that Couatl is loading, but you don't see its menu, it's an entirely different problem that others had, and doesn't have anything to do with antivirus or reinstalling. Instead, something else is happening.

First, check if you have a Couatl.err file in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder. If you have it, please post its content.

tinu122

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 04:15:16 pm »
It’s exactly the situation you described. Couatl is loading, but I don't see in the menu “couatl powered products”. The “Add-on Manger “ is visible every time.

I see also that couatl.exe is running in Windows task manager when I start FSX. When I compare a simconnect.ini (when I see no buildings) with a simconnect.ini (with buildings) I don’t see differences between these files. They’re always the same (like in the last attachment).

No, I haven’t found a Couatl.err file…

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 06:37:27 pm »
I see also that couatl.exe is running in Windows task manager when I start FSX.

No, I haven’t found a Couatl.err file…

So, this clearly means your problem is entirely different from others. Couatl is running and hasn't encountered any error.

This leaves with the chance that another addon is flooding Simconnect with requests, or blocking it in some way.

Try to set the <Disabled> flag to True for *every* other addon (except bglmanx.dll, the Addon Manager and Couatl.exe of course) BOTH in DLL.XML and EXE.XML, and see what's happening.

tinu122

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 08:57:06 pm »
Ok, I disabled all other add-ons except bglmanx.dll, the Add-on Manager and couatl.exe.

The first time after that step it worked fine (I saw buildings). But the second time and so on, it’s always by hazard. Sometimes are buildings, sometimes are no buildings. The problem isn’t resolved.

My disabled add-ons are FSpassengerX, FSuiPC4.0 and walk & follow X. All disabled now.

Once again I compared the simconnect.ini (when I see buildings) with the simconnect.ini (with no buildings) No differences between these files. They’re always the same (see new attachments).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 06:16:23 pm »
Try this:

Open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

Save the file as couatl.ini in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder, so it stays at the same level of the couatl.exe

Run FSX, go to Zurich, then quit FSX after the airport has been loaded. Check if you have a couatl.log file in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder and post its content here.

tinu122

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 09:04:29 pm »
I made several tests (started fsx, went to zurich, stopped fsx).
There ist one couatl.log with buildings and i found two different couatl.log for no buildings.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 10:44:21 pm »
Ok, these were very useful, we should be able to find what is it.