Author Topic: QuickEdit Pushback - always a curved path between last node and aircraft  (Read 4845 times)

Wolkenschreck

Hi Umberto and team,

First and foremost let me thank you for all the recent improvements to GSX. The regional accents and the new pushback algorithm are great.

After a few tries with the QuickEdit function I do not want to miss it anymore. However, I am facing a little issue that is probably a user error on my end: The path of the pushback track (between aircraft and last node) is always gently curved. Is there any trick to get a straight path between the last node and the final position of the aircraft?

And, is there any way to increase the scrolling speed of the mouse wheel for the aircraft position?

Thanks again for the great update and enjoy your weekend!

Christoph

https://i.imgur.com/e1LoTpg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1NEVo94.jpg
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 11:26:03 pm by virtuali »
Christoph

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: QuickEdit Pushback - always a curved path between last node and aircraft
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 11:29:02 pm »
Try to use less nodes.

The actual mouse wheel is not a sure value, since it can be changed in the mouse preferences or in the mouse drivers, so we setup a "reasonable" value, which is surely too slow for some users and too fast for other users. To speed up rotation, use F7-F8 keys instead of the mouse wheel.

Wolkenschreck

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 12:03:10 pm »
Thanks Umberto! I did not know about F7/F8.

And the curved path is maybe something for a future improvement at a later stage. Less nodes do not really help. But it is only a minor issue and I am more than happy with all the new features.

Thanks,
Christoph
Christoph

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 06:20:33 pm »
And the curved path is maybe something for a future improvement at a later stage. Less nodes do not really help

See attached an example of how you could place nodes to have the last segment straight. You must understand, the Free pushback mode (no Snap) it's best used to exit from very cramped places and short distances. If you want long straight paths following the AFCAD, there's the Snap mode.

Wolkenschreck

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2019, 10:55:37 am »
Thanks Umberto! I will try out your advice to improve the path.

Enjoy your weekend and best,

Christoph
Christoph

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 02:08:47 pm »
In any case, in the next update will let you freely edit the orientation of each control point of the curve, so it will be extremely easy to setup final or initial straight paths, but still being able to create complex curves.

Wolkenschreck

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2019, 11:30:15 am »
Just want to say thank you for the 2.8 update. Very handy additions for the pushback and even SODE VDGS integration. Grazie.
Christoph

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 08:39:44 pm »
Can I ask a related question on QuickEdit Pushback? I have both P3Dv3 and v4. In v4 I can use the mouse wheel to rotate the aircraft’s final position. But the wheel doesn’t work with v3.

Is that deliberate and if so, is there an alternative? My numpad keys are reserved for ChasePlane.

Would also like to express my appreciation for all the enhancements you have made to GSX.  :)
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2019, 11:34:57 pm »
Can I ask a related question on QuickEdit Pushback? I have both P3Dv3 and v4. In v4 I can use the mouse wheel to rotate the aircraft’s final position. But the wheel doesn’t work with v3.

Nothing of the Mouse interface works with P3D3, since we used some native functions that are not even supported before 4.4, let alone 3.x.

is there an alternative? My numpad keys are reserved for ChasePlane.

You can rotate quickly with F7/F8, but there's no way to rotate precisely, if another add-on has took the same key, your only option is to disable it, at least while editing. Note that, GSX has several Custom cameras that appear automatically while editing, which can be used to get a better view of the edited parking and the pushback path ( try the one named "FSDT_Editor_Camera" ), so you don't need a separate Camera utility, at least while editing.

Since you have P3D4 as well, and all the GSX configuration are shared, I suggest doing every editing in P3D4, because having the mouse is a big advantage.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2019, 11:43:04 pm »
Thanks Umberto. I’ll give the function keys a go. I can’t share the edited work as I have different versions of airports for v3 and v4. Disabling ChasePlane is a last resort.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.