Author Topic: Update failed, Couatl is not working anymore  (Read 4678 times)

borisvp

Update failed, Couatl is not working anymore
« on: July 05, 2019, 06:29:24 pm »
The recent update failed whoppingly for me. Couatl crashes every time with an extensive error log. Live Update does the same things (370 steps) every time I run it. Installing an older version of the Addon Manager also didn't help. So, thanks, all my FSDT products are unusable at the moment.

Couatl gives a message to install the latest standalone Addon Manager - which isn't available anymore.

And BTW, where are my older Flightbeam sceneries - Flightbeam isn't listed anymore. So, thanks again, bye bye older FB airports.

Sorry, but this is unprofessional. Please fix it ASAP. And please consider stopping to patronize us users with those automatic updaters where nobody knows what is happening in ones system. I have quite a few manual adaptions in my sceneries which I fear are also history by now. Inform me about available updates, and let ME chose what I want to update, when I want to do this and and what I want to keep as is.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Update failed, Couatl is not working anymore
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 11:59:47 pm »
And BTW, where are my older Flightbeam sceneries - Flightbeam isn't listed anymore. So, thanks again, bye bye older FB airports.
You need to check the Flightbeam forums for instructions on how to update your scenery. They no longer use the Add-on Manager for their sceneries, so you need to update them to use the Flightbeam Manager.
Captain Kevin

Rockbuster

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 06:16:24 am »
Typical dont expect any help either as I was left to fend for myself and fix the mismatch with Flyinside with all their wisdom here they could not work it out. So they UPDATE again and made a mess might be time to uninstall Pity it is a good idea if left alone. I am getting the same as you  and did everything and it DOES NOT WORK now last time it took me a whole week to fix my self......no help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 11:46:13 am »
Couatl gives a message to install the latest standalone Addon Manager - which isn't available anymore.

No, it doesn't say JUST that. It suggest to open the error log, which is what you should do, to report the problem to us!

And how, exactly, you could see this is as a "problem". Flightbeam has updated all his sceneries to use their own manager, and they asked to us to remove all of them from the Addon Manager, because the two handling the same scenery could cause problems that you ( in the PREVIOUS version ) would have to fix yourself, by manually removing files.

So, this is a FIX, not a "problem". Your problem is just you haven't updated your Flightbeam sceneries.

Sorry, but this is unprofessional. Please fix it ASAP. And please consider stopping to patronize us users with those automatic updaters where nobody knows what is happening in ones system. I have quite a few manual adaptions in my sceneries which I fear are also history by now. Inform me about available updates, and let ME chose what I want to update, when I want to do this and and what I want to keep as is

This is as professional as it gets and no, the  update won't change, for the precise reason we must be sure you have everything updated and you have the last version of everything. That's how each and every updater out there works, unless you are trying to say you KNOW what's inside a Windows Update, an Adobe update, or any other update out there.

I'm awaiting for a proper error report, for example like:

- Which simulator you use

- The error log, as seen in the error message

borisvp

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 06:48:43 pm »
Yeah, sorry, I was a bit upset yesterday. Wanted to make a relaxed afternoon flight, ran the update before, and BAM. Fixed it by now by uninstalling and reinstalling GSX, but here are two error logs for you, one for KCOS (a non FSDT addon scenery), one for KVPS, the P3D default location.

I'm using P3Dv4.5HF1 on Win10.

Fixed also the Flightbeam issue, but as I wrote before - why should I run updates when everything is working? Never change a running system. Still don't like updates I haven't asked for and will forget Live Update for now.

Thing is, you're making damn good sceneries...

Boris

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 06:43:15 pm »
Fixed also the Flightbeam issue, but as I wrote before - why should I run updates when everything is working? Never change a running system. Still don't like updates I haven't asked for and will forget Live Update for now.
I mean, nobody's forcing you to run the update if you don't want to. When that pop-up box appears in the simulator, you always have the option to ignore the update.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 08:13:53 pm »
Your error logs shows something that shouldn't simply happen: GSX cannot find its objects. This is usually caused by the updater who wasn't able to add the path to the new PBR objects to the add-on.xml

Of course, this shouldn't happen, since the updater obviously works and updates the add-on.xml as required so, the only possible explanation is that for some reason, the file couldn't be updated on your system, either because of some kind of external interference, or because it was corrupted by another add-on, something which shouldn't happen, since that file is not supposed to be touched by anything other than our installers.

Please check your add-xml file here:

Documents\Prepar3d v4 Addons\add-on.xml

Do not post it as it is. ZIP it first, and Attach it to a post.

Tamba765

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 08:51:29 pm »
I've attached a zip file with the message I got. The update isn't working for me. I have P3Dv4.5. I created a restore point prior to doing the update, but now none of the scenery will display properly. Also, there's no option in the menu for Couatl, so I can't refresh the scenery either.
Pete Locascio
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 09:10:03 pm by Tamba765 »
Pete Locascio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 09:07:45 pm »
Sorry, but that error should't happen, it seems as if the updater was interrupted. Try running it again now, and be sure you configured the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager from scanning.

Tamba765

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 09:10:58 pm »
OK, I'll run it again. I have no anti virus or firewalls active.
Pete Locascio

Tamba765

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2019, 10:02:33 pm »
I ran the update again, and it seems to have worked. I'm not sure what happened the first time. During the first attempt, I got a window that popped up that said something about a PBR setting that was wrong. I closed the window and continued with the update. That's probably the interruption that you mentioned in your reply. Thanks.
Pete Locascio
Pete Locascio

Tamba765

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 11:03:40 pm »
    I spoke too soon. Initially, running the updater a second time fixed the issue. After shutting down the sim and restarting it, however, the same incomplete scenery issue occurred again. I tried running the updater a third time, but the Couatl option is also once again missing from the addon dropdown list, so I can't attempt a scenery rebuild. I've tried 3 times to post this reply with a zipped folder showing what Gate E-15 looked like after loading the sim, but it says the file is too large. The jetways were there but no terminals or ground textures were present. I also got a message saying my trial period for KDFW was starting. I already own this FSDT airport plus 8 others. The only GSX products I have are the ones that work with your scenery only. I haven't purchased the complete products yet. When trying to send this reply it said I already sent it, but it's not in the list. Hopefully there aren't several posts from me with the same response.
Pete Locascio
Pete Locascio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 11:14:26 pm »
said something about a PBR setting that was wrong.

Next time, if it happens again, report the exact message.