Author Topic: General List of Questions - Easy Ones  (Read 4027 times)

Bman

General List of Questions - Easy Ones
« on: July 27, 2009, 07:27:47 am »
  Evening all-

I have been diving into learning how to fly this plane after shifting around from GA to big tin..to gliders... to hardcore jet action.  I have a couple of general questions that I need verification on:

1) Is there any other location to see the nose up / nose down, trim (Stab) position?  The only screen I see it located on is the CHK page.

2) What the easiest way to juggle a stand-by comm frequency?  I generally use the two knobs... select one active in Comm 1 manual and set my standby in the Comm2.  Then I activate comm2 when I need that frequency.  Really a two step option - is this the easiest way?

3) When A/P is activated automatically, that just means it's ready for a mode to be activated.  I don't have to select a mode then turn on AP, right?  That's how it seems. I just want to make sure I understand what "automatically" on means.

4) I can't see the "-" on the RDR screen for the my targets above or below altitude, can any one else?

5) Why would I ever use ATTH over BALT?  I guess I don't see what the difference is... hmm

6) Flashing Flaps indicator - why does the amber light flash?  Is it letting me know that flaps is needed to maintain current lift?

7) What are the little push buttons above the flaps?  Manual gear of some sort?

...That's all for now!  Off to practice navigation.

Thanks in advance!

Benjamin. 

skimmer

Re: General List of Questions - Easy Ones
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 05:48:29 pm »
I assume you are talking about the FSX ,F-18.Read the post,F-18 cockpit manual PDF, from Rxwookie here in the F-18 forum. He has done a fantastic job producing a manual that answers most all your ?s.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 05:50:58 pm by skimmer »