Author Topic: ERROR "THE FILE SOURCE IS CORRUPTED" **SOLVED**  (Read 16448 times)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: ERROR "THE FILE SOURCE IS CORRUPTED" **SOLVED**
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2021, 03:06:46 pm »
What am I supposed to download if none of the links are for W10? Is it correct to think I am supposed to download the GSX base package file for FSX and P3Dv4 and install them and then scan the files in Docs / GSX Installer to see what the string of letters and numbers is that come up?
I would say go with the first link since the latest one listed is Windows 7. Then run it, check the files, and compare those string of letters and numbers to the ones on this list:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19926.msg165843.html#msg165843

You can do either one of two things. You can either post the names of the files that don't match, or if this is too complex, just screenshot what it came up with like what Mhbt Ba did in an earlier post, and then he can check.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ERROR "THE FILE SOURCE IS CORRUPTED"
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2021, 03:31:33 pm »
What am I supposed to download if none of the links are for W10?

As I've said, the program WORKS in Windows 10. Now, there are 4 links in total, 2 of them are in Chinese. Assuming you don't want the Chinese version, this leaves us with:

- Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7, those are all 32 bit OS which Windows 10 is compatible with ( otherwise it couldn't run FSX, for example, a 32 bit app )

- Windows 95/98, those are the older 16/32 bit Dos-based OS, which Windows 10 is not compatible with.

Considering I already told you the program WORKS in Windows 10, this doesn't leave you much choices other than the obvious 1st link, that is the NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7 version in English.

Is it correct to think I am supposed to download the GSX base package file for FSX and P3Dv4 and install them and then scan the files in Docs / GSX Installer to see what the string of letters and numbers is that come up?

Exactly.

Jasona1972

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2021, 05:54:19 pm »
I am at work now but when I get home I will try to do what you suggested. I would like to verify that what you want me to do is download and install the GSX base pack for FSX and P3D4 and then use the newer version of the tool to scan the files in the Docs / GSX Installer folder.  Then it sounds like there will be a string of numbers letters that I am supposed to copy and send to you. Is this correct?correct?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 11:51:17 pm by virtuali »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2021, 05:59:39 pm »
I would like to verify that what you want me to do is download and install the GSX base pack for FSX and P3D4 and then use the newer version of the tool to scan the files in the Docs / GSX Installer folder.  Then it sounds like there will be a string of numbers letters that I am supposed to copy and send to you. Is this correct?correct?
We've both confirmed in our previous posts that this is correct.
Captain Kevin

Jasona1972

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2021, 09:36:53 pm »
What am I supposed to download if none of the links are for W10? Is it correct to think I am supposed to download the GSX base package file for FSX and P3Dv4 and install them and then scan the files in Docs / GSX Installer to see what the string of letters and numbers is that come up?
I would say go with the first link since the latest one listed is Windows 7. Then run it, check the files, and compare those string of letters and numbers to the ones on this list:

You can do either one of two things. You can either post the names of the files that don't match, or if this is too complex, just screenshot what it came up with like what Mhbt Ba did in an earlier post, and then he can check.

I am wondering if you think the problem is in the download of the installer or the files downloaded by the installer during installation.

Also, if I am to download the installers for both FSX and P3Dv4 and install them how am I to install the FSX installer if I do not have FSX?

Is it not going to tell me it can't find the FSX path or .exe?

I am trying to get this all figured out before I get home from work to try it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2021, 11:55:58 pm »
I am wondering if you think the problem is in the download of the installer or the files downloaded by the installer during installation.

Surely the files downloaded by the installer, which were the ones I asked to check to the other user too, in Documents\GSX_Installer.

Also, if I am to download the installers for both FSX and P3Dv4 and install them how am I to install the FSX installer if I do not have FSX?

Well, of course, if you don't need to install in FSX, then don't install in FSX and don't bother checking the FSX installer files.

Jasona1972

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2021, 03:31:20 am »
So I made sure that all FSDreamteam products were uninstalled from the control Panel / programs. I made sure sure there was no add on manager in Program File x86. I made sure there was no Docs / GSX Installer folder. I went to my Google chrome browser and went to the FSDreamteam website and then to the GSX page with the FSX and P3D$ links on the left side. I deleted all of the browser history and closed the 2 pages that come up to delete that history and proceeded to download the P3D4 64 bit installer. I cleared browser history again. Then did Run As Administrator on that P3D4 installer. When it got to the end of the first stage I got the error message "FILE SOURCE IS CORRUPTED". When I hit OK to acknowledge the error it went to the option of choosing Finished at the bottom of the installer and I clicked on it and then there was another window that was open which also gave me the option to choose Finished and I click on it. Then a small window opened asking if I wanted to install the GSX Setup 2.exe and I chose "no". I then went to the Docs folder and there was no GSX Installer older to scan with the tool.

Now what? I am sure I am WRONG AGAIN as you want to make clear even though I have bought a couple hundred dollars of your products.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 02:18:06 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2021, 02:25:43 pm »
Then a small window opened asking if I wanted to install the GSX Setup 2.exe and I chose "no". I then went to the Docs folder and there was no GSX Installer older to scan with the tool.

Now what? I am sure I am WRONG AGAIN as you want to make clear even though I have bought a couple hundred dollars of your products.

Yes, of course you are wrong again, your mistake here was that you replied "No" to the question about keeping the installer for future installation (that's what that question really was about), which means the files which were downloaded in the Documents folder has been removed because you said "no".

If you said "Yes", this would have opened the Documents\GSX_Installer folder for you, ready to be checked.

In fact, it's not even REQUIRED to wait until you see the "source file corrupted" message, that's only a waste of time. Just start the first installer and wait until all files are downloaded, then exit from it and OF COURSE, reply to KEEP the files if asked.

The files in the Documents\GSX_Installer folder will be there, ready to be checked.

They are only removed at the *end* of the installation and only if you reply "No" to the question if you want to keep them, which is done at the end.

Jasona1972

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2021, 03:50:26 pm »
The error message comes up before I am asked to continue. After it seems that it has downloaded the GSX base pack the error message comes up and I choose ok to acknowledge the error. After hitting two different buttons that say finished it gives me the option to choose to the GSX setup2.exe and if I click yes and click on the installer when it comes up I get the error message again. When I acknowledge by clicking ok it asks me if I really want to quit. I chose yes because something is obviously not right and all installation windows close. Now what?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 06:04:09 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2021, 06:06:54 pm »
The error message comes up before I am asked to continue

No, the error message comes *AFTER* the 2nd stage of the installer has already started, and when it does, you'll see another "Welcome to the fsdreamteam GSX setup wizard" dialog, which has the option to click "Next" or "Cancel".

Your mistake here was that you clicked "Next", which would continue the installer and eventually got the error.

Instead, you should click "Cancel", and confirm exit the setup. And THEN you'll see another window asking if you want to keep the setup files for future installs. Reply YES, and it will open the Documents\GSX_Installer for you, with all files you need to check right there.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 06:11:29 pm by virtuali »

Jasona1972

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2021, 09:20:55 am »
The error message comes up twice for me. It comes up when it gets to what I think would be the first stage of installing the GSX installer. Then the error message comes up again when I try to click on the GSX setup2.exe installer which is what I am guessing you are talking about by the second stage of the installation. If that is what you are talking about then I was getting it at the end of the 1st stage and not after the second stage starts.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 05:33:20 pm by Jasona1972 »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2021, 09:35:57 am »
That second screenshot has the files you need to check, so run that program, get them string of numbers, and cross-check with the numbers in this post:

If any of them do NOT match, need to know which files those are, so he can sort it out for you. I can already see gsx_p3d4_setup.exe appears to be missing.
Captain Kevin

Jasona1972

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2021, 02:28:07 pm »
I did actually do what I was told and got the screenshot of the MD5 tool showing the results of running the files in the 2nd screenshot. Unfortunately the way things have gone in communicating with this "Virtuali" has blown my mind and I think that message got in a wrong group of messages. I can tell you that not one of the number / letter strings matched. Thanks for your help. It is nice to see somebody help and be nice about it. Anyway, here it is again. I hope it doesn't get deleted because it was posted somewhere else but I have no idea where. Maybe I accidentally deleted it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 02:43:42 pm by Jasona1972 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2021, 06:19:25 pm »
I did actually do what I was told and got the screenshot of the MD5 tool showing the results of running the files in the 2nd screenshot.

So, in the, the MD5 worked ( as I said it would ) and when you *finally* followed my instructions, you manager to do that.

I can tell you that not one of the number / letter strings matched.

Which is not the case:

gsx_p3d4_setup2-5.bin DOESN'T match the correct MD5 in my previous post
gsx_p3d4_setup2-4.bin matches the correct MD5 ( BEDABEF11D01427B3AEB6017D1555312 both in your screenshot and my post )
gsx_p3d4_setup2-3.bin matches the correct MD5 ( 0CC6457DA1FBE2079638FA6E32F72061 both in your screenshot and my post )
gsx_p3d4_setup2-2.bin matches the correct MD5 ( 37027B7F335CBA1CD5ABB9A4E510CDE8 both in your screenshot and my post )
gsx_p3d4_setup2-1.bin DOESN'T match the correct MD5 in my previous post
gsx_p3d4_setup2.exe matches the correct MD5 ( DD47256167058609981E51E9B8330488 both in your screenshot and my post )

So, now that you FINALLY were able to check which files you got a bad download on your local Cloudflare server, we can finally fix them. Try again now, and see if you get the correct file.

Jasona1972

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2021, 07:11:08 pm »
It finally worked. I think my mind is blown by the fact that you could talk to any customer the way you talked to me because I got a little frustrated. Unbelievable no matter the circumstance especially when it is a customer that has done at least a couple hundred dollars business with you. I have never been talked to that way not even by people who didn't have my business yet and I doubt I ever will be again. It is too bad u think it is ok. Thanks for the help.

Jason