Author Topic: Addon Manager not showing  (Read 3739 times)

Mikecao

Addon Manager not showing
« on: September 26, 2018, 10:42:58 am »
Hi. I recently build a new pc and P3D. But the addon manager doesn't appear in the sim so I can't use any of fsdt product now. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall c++2005,02013,2015 both x86 and x64, reinstall the simconnect, put whole the Prepar3d File in the exclusion list. I happen to see someone use old installer (not having the expansion) and solve his problem but I can't find it on the website now.  Any other thing can I do to sort it out? thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager not showing
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 12:49:10 am »
Nothing has changed in the new installer in relationship with VC++ libraries required. You don't say if you excluded the Addon Manager folder, which more important than excluding the P3D folder.

And, be sure you run P3D 4.1 at least, since the only thing different in the latest version of our software, is that it doesn't work with P3D 4.0 anymore.

Mikecao

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 04:40:28 am »
Hi, it is P3D v4.3 and I have excluded both P3D and Addon Manager in my windows anti-virus software. I have no other anti-virus software.
I have tried to reinstalled everything, including the windows but just can't get addon manager showed. I also find my PMDG can't request weather from ASP4 after I built my PC last week, not sure if it can give you any idea. Do you need to look at something to find more information? Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 06:57:02 pm »
We don't use the DLL/EXE .XML files in P3D4.

I also find my PMDG can't request weather from ASP4 after I built my PC last week, not sure if it can give you any idea.

This is CLEARLY a problem! Looks like a Simconnect problem and yes, if you have this, nothing will work, basically. I suggest trying to reinstall the sim. It won't affect our addons in any way.

Mikecao

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 03:32:54 am »
So I have reinstalled the simconnect from fsxsp2 xpack folder, Addon manager still doesnt show. The PMDG's is my problem, as they change the way of requesting weather data, now it works. So now Addon Manager is the only thing that doesnt work, thus can't use GSX, CYVR, KLAX, KCLT, KMEM, KIAH, PHNL AND KORD. Really frustrating.  Do you need to look at anything to find the problem? thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 01:18:29 pm »
So I have reinstalled the simconnect from fsxsp2 xpack folder, Addon manager still doesnt show.

That's because Simconnect it's just ONE of the various libraries required by it.

The "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread: contains all the known solution to reinstall the required libraries:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

Mikecao

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 04:14:40 pm »
Sorry but I have tried all of what you write, including VC++2005, 2013,2015 BOTH x86 and x64, try to reinstall simconnect, exclude addon manager file in anti-virus software, nothing change. And this is after I did a fresh reinstallation of windows and p3d.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2018, 05:13:07 pm »
Sorry but I have tried all of what you write, including VC++2005, 2013,2015 BOTH x86 and x64, try to reinstall simconnect, exclude addon manager file in anti-virus software, nothing change.

Try to restart Windows after reinstalling the VC++ libraries. Sometimes a restart is required.

Mikecao

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 02:48:32 pm »
Still not working.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2018, 02:01:29 pm »
The linked thread indicates all the known solutions, and they are confirmed to be working, since the thread was closed as solved. So, please, try to redo all these steps, don't miss anything.

We had a report the VC++ 2017 (not used by P3D4), cause a conflict with the 2015 version (used by P3D4 and required by our software) so, if you have them, uninstall both the 2017 and the 2015, then reinstall the 2015 version again.