Author Topic: Level 2 not working **SOLVED**  (Read 6295 times)

Aussieflyer38

Level 2 not working **SOLVED**
« on: September 09, 2018, 05:06:55 am »
Hi guys,
just installed level 2, inserted my serial number, rebooted my computer and got nothing, not even the hotkey (ctrl + F12) works. All was okay before the install and activation. Help please.

Don
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 07:54:16 am by virtuali »

Aussieflyer38

Re: Level 2 not working.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 11:50:48 am »
Addition to my last post. In the "addon manager menu" it states that my FSDT Level 2 software is in "trial mode". I click on and enter my serial number and then recheck it still says in Trial Mode. I received another message " not in scenery folder". I clicked on reinstall and it asked if I had a serial number I clicked yes and entered it and rechecked Addon Menu - the in Trial Mode is still there. Need assistance please, this is VERY frustrating. Thanks

Don

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 05:25:55 pm »
Do you see the GSX and Couatl menu under the Addons menu ? And, please, always specify which simulator you use.

Aussieflyer38

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 12:43:03 pm »
Sorry about omitting my sim version - P3Dv4. Okay, gave up last night and went to bed, overnight a "miracle" happened, when starting my sim this afternoon, Level 2 is working, not sure how that came about, but I'll accept it anyway.
After deboarding my QW 787 with 221pax, I was a little fazed that it took about 40 minutes - not good. According to your calculations I think it should have taken 23 seconds unless I haven't understood how it is calculated. I went looking for "timings>density" but couldn't  locate it. I would also like to be able to specify    how many pax on a flight - could you please assist with the link.
Is there a list of the aircraft that level 2 works with, It didn't work with my 737 - it just said Passengers Deboarded, but no passengers came down the stairs.
Thanks
Don     

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 12:52:45 pm »
Sorry about omitting my sim version - P3Dv4. Okay, gave up last night and went to bed, overnight a "miracle" happened, when starting my sim this afternoon, Level 2 is working, not sure how that came about, but I'll accept it anyway.

If you had an issue with the VC++ runtime libraries, that our installed solved, sometimes a Windows restart might be required. We decided not to *force* a Windows restart, because in the vast majority of cases is not needed, and a forced restart is not very nice to impose to everybody.

After deboarding my QW 787 with 221pax, I was a little fazed that it took about 40 minutes - not good. According to your calculations I think it should have taken 23 seconds unless I haven't understood how it is calculated.

It's not "calculated"!! Passengers will take the time they need to walk, plain and simple. You can make it shorter by simply acting on the passenger density slider.

Not sure what do you mean with "your calculations.". The OLD timings page is no more with Level 2, there's only the Passengers slider. If Level 2 is active, of course. See Page 26 of the GSX manual

I would also like to be able to specify    how many pax on a flight - could you please assist with the link.

By disabling the "Estimate Passenger Number" option, Page 29 of the GSX manual.

Aussieflyer38

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 02:58:16 am »
Thanks for your help, sorry I need a bit more. I'm running P3Dv4 Win10.
The manual states "Couatl Powered Products", which I cannot find. The only reference I can find is "C:Program Files (x86) > Addon Manager > Couatl > GSX"  and there is no reference to where to find the "passenger slider".
On page 29, the manual states "GSX will always ask confirmation from the user the number of passengers on board", I have to assume this is this a popup window, and I don't get one.
When I said "calculations", I was referring to your "100 pax should take 10 seconds, but the minimum is 15 seconds, so 15 seconds, so should my 221 pax have deboarded in about 30 seconds, but yes I understand they will take the time they need to walk, but you must agree that 40 minutes for the passengers to walk to the bus is a bit excessive.
Again thanks for your help. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 08:11:36 am »
The manual states "Couatl Powered Products", which I cannot find. The only reference I can find is "C:Program Files (x86) > Addon Manager > Couatl > GSX"  and there is no reference to where to find the "passenger slider".

I asked to read Page 29, for the explanation of the what the estimate does. The chapter starts at Page 26 so, if you read the manual, you would have known there's a big page, that can be accessed from the GSX menu, called "GSX Settings". Page 28 would tell you the "Estimate passengers number" is located under the "Simulation Page" of the GSX setting.

On page 29, the manual states "GSX will always ask confirmation from the user the number of passengers on board", I have to assume this is this a popup window, and I don't get one.

Yes, you will but, of course, only after you DISABLE the "Estimate passenger number" option.

When I said "calculations", I was referring to your "100 pax should take 10 seconds, but the minimum is 15 seconds, so 15 seconds, so should my 221 pax have deboarded in about 30 seconds

That's because you haven't read the GSX manual at Page 26, which says:

When the GSX Level 2 Expansion is Active, the Deboarding/Boarding settings in the Timings page will look different. Since passengers are now no longer simulated, but will appear as actual animated characters, the original timings in seconds/passenger will not be meaningful anymore: the time required to board passengers will be a combination of their walking speed and their density.

As you can see, reading the manual in its entirety, would replied to all your questions.

Aussieflyer38

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 07:44:43 am »
Hi Umberto, I think we are at cross purposes here, I don't think you understand my problem.
I have read the manual several times, and since posting in reference to pax times etc, at your request I have read 26-29 about three times, but that doesn't solve my problem. If I can find/get to the file that has as you put it, "the big page", then I will able to fix it. In my computer I do not have file as in the manual "Couatl Powered Products" that will then have "GSX Settings" and hopefully take me to where I need to be.
When I downloaded/installed FSDT Level 2, I had nothing (as per my first post) so now I am thinking that maybe something didn't install correctly and that is why I don't have the file(s) I need to make these adjustments. Page 26 tells you where you need to be, but not how to get there, except that "GSX settings" is a subfolder of Coualti Powered Products" which I have previously explained I don't have in my computer. So I need for you to advise me if I need to uninstall/reinstall the program to correct this.
I hope this makes sense to you, and we can finalise this.

Regards,
Don

Aussieflyer38

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2018, 02:08:24 am »
Three days and no reply, I guess I'm being ignored or you don't know the answer to my question. Either way, some comment would have been appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 10:00:23 am »
In my computer I do not have file as in the manual "Couatl Powered Products" that will then have "GSX Settings" and hopefully take me to where I need to be.

You don't have to look for a "file" in your computer. The GSX Settings menu it's a menu under the "Addons" menu of the sim.

Aussieflyer38

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2018, 05:52:31 am »
Thank you for getting back to me. in the sim -P3Dv4, under the "addons" menu, when I click on it, I get the "Virtuali" screen with sliders etc and no mention of "GSX settings" the only information I can find  which may have some bearing on this is that it says my software in In "Trial Mode" which is incorrect as I have paid for this in full. I tried the re-install button but that just asked for my serial number which I entered. Nothing has changed. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2018, 01:01:54 pm »
. in the sim -P3Dv4, under the "addons" menu, when I click on it,

Now you are probably confusing the "Addons" menu with the "Addon Manager" menu UNDER the "Addons" menu. This is what you clicked.

Instead, I said to click the "GSX - Settings" menu, which also a menu under the "Addons" men. Do you see it ?

Aussieflyer38

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 07:46:15 am »
Sorry for the confusion and dragging this out all fixed thanks again for your help - now breathe a sigh of relief and mutter  "thank God" lol :D