Author Topic: Passengers boarding (No L2 bought)  (Read 3623 times)

Fludo

Passengers boarding (No L2 bought)
« on: September 08, 2018, 04:10:14 am »
Hello,

When I am at Munich airport I see GSX as if I had bought the expansion (pasengers/crew boarding, realtime pax count, etc.), I guess it's because the demo is activated at that airport. Is there any way I could disable that?

My sim is Prepar3d V4 and I've seen that happen with Fslabs a319 (no other aircrafts tried).

Thank you in advance

OMGEDSON

Re: Passengers boarding (No L2 bought)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 04:53:42 am »
Awesome, I bought it and have none. =) Trade?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 11:49:45 am »
When I am at Munich airport I see GSX as if I had bought the expansion (pasengers/crew boarding, realtime pax count, etc.), I guess it's because the demo is activated at that airport. Is there any way I could disable that?

Yes, Munich is a Trial airport, that's why it happens.

There's no way to disable that, other than un-checking the option "Estimate Passengers number", and manually set the passenger number to 0 when asked. Or, disable the Passenger bus in the airport customization page, for all gates.

Fludo

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 01:09:21 pm »
OK, I undestand. The thing is I see passenger's feet below the jetway while they're boarding and it takes so long compared to the previous boarding. I tried adjusting the boarding time factor but in case of Munich (I guess other trials airport as well), the boarding still takes a lot of time for me. Should changing this factor affect the expansion as well?

If I set the passengers number to 0 as you suggested I don't see any baggage loaded so I'd prefer to find a different solution if possible.

Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 08:33:42 pm »
I tried adjusting the boarding time factor but in case of Munich (I guess other trials airport as well), the boarding still takes a lot of time for me. Should changing this factor affect the expansion as well?

No, that time is only relevant to the "simulated" boarding, the one without passengers. With passengers, they take the time it takes to walk to the airplane. Of course, as anything inside the sim, you CAN use Time Acceleration to speed up things.

The passenger density slider can speed the process, but I *think* you cannot see it when the product in in Trial.

If I set the passengers number to 0 as you suggested I don't see any baggage loaded so I'd prefer to find a different solution if possible.

I already indicated the alternative, which is to turn off the bus at all gates. If you really don't like passengers, you surely won't mind not seeing the empty bus.

Fludo

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 01:33:25 am »
Not that I don't like them Umberto, major problem is that it takes 3 minutes for every 10 passengers, for a 170pax airplane that is 50 minutes. I think it would be a great idea to have the possibility to speed that up inside GSX.
Also, if you could look into what I mentioned earlier, the passenger's feet being visible from the outside when they're walking through the jetway.

Other than that everything works fine for me after some tunning and understanding of your addon, I'm currently enjoying GSX very much. Thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 01:38:40 am »
Not that I don't like them Umberto, major problem is that it takes 3 minutes for every 10 passengers, for a 170pax airplane that is 50 minutes. I think it would be a great idea to have the possibility to speed that up inside GSX.

As I've said already, if you raise the passenger density slider, there will be many more passengers boarding at the same time so, even if it really took 3 minutes (it doesn't) for each one, they would be running in parallel.  And again, 40 minutes to board a 747 IS realistic.

And if you have double jetways (which is one of the thing you can have with GSX Level 2), they'll took half time, since they'll use both jetways. And if you are in the apron, with 3 stairs, it will took a third of the time.

Fludo

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 03:33:53 am »
Problem solved raising the passenger density as mentioned. Thank you.