Author Topic: GSX Level 2 TUTORIAL - Replace Jetways on a 3rd party airport.  (Read 147074 times)

yvesamuel

Re: GSX Level 2 TUTORIAL - Replace Jetways on a 3rd party airport.
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2018, 09:46:13 pm »
Hi,

Just one question : the exclude bgl is compiled in the \exclude\scenery.
Where shall I put it after, in the airport scenery directiry?
I could not find the answer in the documentation.

Thank's
Yves

KenrickPollock

« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2018, 05:32:48 am »
Question. How to go about replacing or should I say auto excluding static jetways (can’t use CTRL+J) but were modeled separately as a .BGL file using the exclusion tool and edit mode ?

Because my static gates still appear after loading the sim. I have to resort to finding the corresponding .Bgl and removing it from the folder.  Or making it a .Off file.

ASP Rao

« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2018, 05:03:22 am »
[ Invalid YouTube link ][/youtube][/youtube][/youtube][/youtube]
Here's a video tutorial, explaining how to replace Jetways on an airport (FlyTampa EHAM) that doesn't originally comes with SODE Jetways:

Hi,

I could not find video tutorial here.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2018, 07:19:45 am »
What do you mean with "left side of the screen"?
Could you specify where we can do this?

The tree-like structure on the left side of the parking customization window, allows multiple selection.

Standard windows here: CTRL+Click select multiple parkings, and if you click on a "root", like a terminal, it will select all gates in that terminal. If you click the airport itself (the topmost root node), it will select all parkings at once.

GSX always worked like this since it was released.
Balearic Islands. Aerosoft-Simwings v1.00 (latest)
LEIB-Ibiza. ok
LEMH-Menorca.Yesterday did, today withouth having touched a thing, "Jetways can not operate in this position" See video:https://youtu.be/HMEoxh2m8R8. Also files attached
LEPA- Palma de Mallorca: using the same method of exclusions and configurating 5 jetaways 50-58, GSX2 not working. see video:

Config files attached.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 07:32:36 am by cartayna »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2018, 07:27:15 am »

The tree-like structure on the left side of the parking customization window, allows multiple selection.

Standard windows here: CTRL+Click select multiple parkings, and if you click on a "root", like a terminal, it will select all gates in that terminal. If you click the airport itself (the topmost root node), it will select all parkings at once.

LDDU - Dubrovnik - ORBX - Latest version. Have not touched the configuration of the airport, requested boarding... https://youtu.be/ZFhimq8Su3M
P.S. why are the jetways of ORBX not possible to exclude?

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2018, 08:04:54 am »

EDDM - Munich - Taxi2Gate v1.20: Does not let you modify the jetaways, with or without exclusions. see pic.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2018, 08:27:47 am »
EDDM - Munich - Taxi2Gate v1.20: Does not let you modify the jetaways, with or without exclusions. see pic.

As you can see in your screenshot, the scenery ALREADY comes with SODE jetways, which GSX correctly identified and, as explained in the manual, they cannot be customized. Quoting from the manual, Page 4:

On a 3rd party airports that use SODE jetways, GSX Level 2 will never interfere with them but, if the base GSX is purchased, they can be operated from the GSX menu.

And from our product announcement on the forum:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17940.0.html

if your addon airport already use SODE jetways, we won't touch it, assuming a developer who made the effort to support SODE, already did jetways in the best possible way so, we won't allow customization of these sceneries.

tosco92

« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2018, 06:16:15 pm »
I tried in my airport to put a jetways and it stays there but it does not move

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2018, 06:28:49 pm »

Have you tested it while editing it ?

tosco92

« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2018, 06:32:22 pm »
no how?

tosco92

« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2018, 06:49:54 pm »
nothing moves inside the simulator while I do the tests

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2018, 06:55:54 pm »

Have you tested it while editing it ?
Hi Umberto,
I cant seem to get an answer from you to the many errors, that i got. i managed t fix most of the issues. it had to do mostly with uninstalling ALL GSX products reinstalling full, and cleaning the p3d (delete generated files), and cleaning the shaders.

Can you please clarify if i share a scnery configuration with a friend, in an airport WITH exclusions, what files do i neet to share? the INI, BGL and CFG from the appdata and addon manager folder? thanks.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 07:24:53 pm by cartayna »

tosco92

« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2018, 08:08:05 pm »
ok now it's because I was wrong

to make two catwalks and run them in two different doors?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2018, 08:20:20 pm »
Can you please clarify if i share a scnery configuration with a friend, in an airport WITH exclusions, what files do i neet to share? the INI, BGL and CFG from the appdata and addon manager folder? thanks.

You have some choices:

- Share JUST the .INI file in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX, and tell your friend to place it in that folder and do THIS:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18620.msg131209.html#msg131209

The parking customization can recreate the XML automatically from the .INI file. This can be done by opening the parking customization for that airport, and deselect/select any one parking that had the Exclude checkmark set. You can do it by changing anything else, but this is the easiest one and the easiest to remember. This will trigger the parking editor to create the Exclude XML, which can be then compiled into a .BGL.

- Share the .INI AND the .XML, and tell your friend to start the GSX Control Panel utility, even before starting the sim, to create the Exclude .BGL

- DO NOT share the .INI and the .BGL because, a .BGL alone without its parent .XML will be considered "orphaned", and removed by the GSX Control Panel at the next run.

- Sharing all 3 ( .INI, .XML and .BGL ) surely works but, it might be more difficult to install, since each of them will have to go into a different folder.

Stevey63

« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2018, 10:09:24 am »
G'day All

I put this together today to help those (and me) get around the technical aspects of the SODE jetways. Let me know if you have any problems with the instructions.

Cheers

Steve