Author Topic: The addon unknown is causing the Couatl scripting engine to restart! GSX Lv2  (Read 23571 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: The addon unknown is causing the Couatl scripting engine to restart! GSX Lv2
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2018, 12:24:51 am »

decimal.InvalidOperation: -INF + INF

Ok, the one we haven't managed to replicate, unless purposely removing both Passenger buses. Your SIM.CFG is normal, so we currently don't have any clue how it could happen.

Does it work on another airport, like a default one ?

TyroneHD

Re: The addon unknown is causing the Couatl scripting engine to restart! GSX Lv2
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2018, 12:25:36 am »
I haven't tried that yet. Will start the sim up now and spawn myself at a standard airport with the fsl 319 and report back!

TyroneHD

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2018, 12:42:22 am »
It seems to be working at standard airport - with the disadvantage that the jetways from GSX are not moving as well. Other than that, the crash came at UK2000 EGSS but not the standard p3d airport somewhen in north america
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 12:50:00 am by TyroneHD »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2018, 01:43:46 am »
It seems to be working at standard airport - with the disadvantage that the jetways from GSX are not moving as well. Other than that, the crash came at UK2000 EGSS but not the standard p3d airport somewhen in north america

Ok, this was useful to find the problem. It was related to parking stands with the bus disabled. In this case, GSX is supposed to show no passengers (as it used to be before), but in the future we'll add the ability to create walking paths to the terminal.

But, if you run the Live Update now, it should no longer crash.

TyroneHD

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2018, 02:33:27 am »
Will run it and retry tomorrow. Thank you very much!

FlyHardiQ

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2018, 04:29:51 am »
try to replicate it by connecting jetways (TAB+S) OR CTRL+J before starting gsx boarding

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2018, 11:58:47 am »
try to replicate it by connecting jetways (TAB+S) OR CTRL+J before starting gsx boarding

As I've said in my previous post, the problem is fixed with the current Live Update. Of course, I tried like you described, and it doesn't crash now.

However, it's best if you don't use the TAB-S SODE menu to operate SODE jetways when you have GSX. This for the following reasons:

1) Using the GSX menu will result in GSX sending the airplane door data to SODE. Instead, if you start from TAB-S, SODE will have to use its own internal database of airplane configurations. So, you might have to wonder why, even if you configured the airplane in GSX correctly, why you don't see any changes, in case that airplane wasn't also present in the SODE database.

2) Right now, with the current SODE version, there's no way to know for GSX is you already docked/undocked the jetway with TAB-S, resulting in a loss of synchronization between the two. We already discussed with SODE author to add this feature, so this will not be a problem in the future, but right now, it's best not to use TAB-S

3) GSX-created jetways will ONLY work from the GSX menu. SODE jetways in other developers sceneries can work in BOTH ways so, if you have GSX, it's just easier to get accustomed to always use the GSX menu, which is valid for both types of jetway. In fact, the GSX "Operates jetways" also supports CTRL+J jetways so, it's always valid for all kind of jetways.

TyroneHD

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2018, 04:56:25 pm »
So I have tried it and it worked! I didn't see any passengers, unfortunately. What happened as well is that I was taxiing at EDDM to a gate and followed the SafeDock guidance. After being on blocks, I requested deboarding but the jetway didn't recognize Door 1L.
After playing around it was due to the fact that safedock apparently lead me too far to the gate for the jetway to dock at door 1L. This hasn't happened before. Could that be a EDDM issue?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2018, 06:41:41 pm »
After playing around it was due to the fact that safedock apparently lead me too far to the gate for the jetway to dock at door 1L. This hasn't happened before. Could that be a EDDM issue?

I assure you we haven't changed how the Safedock at Aerosoft EDDM operate...(I assume you use the Aerosoft version, not added GSX Safedocks to the default EDDM). When you use a 3rd party scenery that might have its own parking assistance systems, if you want GSX to be in agreement with it, customize the STOP POSITION (the red STOP signal in the parking editor), so that it's the same as the docking system indicates.

THEN configure the GSX Jetway so that it can work from that position. This way, you'll be sure they will all work in agreement when used.

TyroneHD

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2018, 06:48:33 pm »
Nope, I am using Taxi2Gates version of EDDM and I will try that. So is it then normal that the plane is deboarding without any passengers being shown in the jetway?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2018, 06:50:00 pm »
So is it then normal that the plane is deboarding without any passengers being shown in the jetway?

No, it's not. However, was this happening only at the end of a flight ? If yes, run Live Update again, because we just posted a fix for this.

TyroneHD

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2018, 07:28:04 pm »
So is it then normal that the plane is deboarding without any passengers being shown in the jetway?

No, it's not. However, was this happening only at the end of a flight ? If yes, run Live Update again, because we just posted a fix for this.

There has been no bus at my departure airport, thus no passengers. No passengers being shown at the end was at the end of flight which was about six or seven hours ago

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2018, 07:41:22 pm »
which was about six or seven hours ago

But since my reply "run Live Update again, because we just posted a fix for this", came much later, it's best if you try doing that, since six/seven hours ago, the fix wasn't online yet.

Shamrock727

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2018, 12:35:49 am »
I too am experiencing this issue when ever trying to load GSX 2 with CTRL + F12 or within the menu system. I have all the latest files and I have run live update an hour ago to no success.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2018, 12:39:10 am »
I too am experiencing this issue

Which issue ?

Always post your error log, so we can check if it's really the issue discussed here (there are TWO different issues reported here, and BOTH have been fixed), or it's a new different problem that nobody has yet reported.