Author Topic: bglman.dll causing FS9 to crash!  (Read 20680 times)

swadeep

Re: bglman.dll causing FS9 to crash!
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 06:25:56 pm »
So weird. :( Never mind. Thank You very very much for your help sir!

I'll have to do it the hard way and maybe reformat the computer and install everything from scratch. Any advise whether i should stay on 64 bit or go back to 32bit?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 06:27:40 pm »
Difficult question, because it depends what else you do with that computer.

If I had to use a PC just for flying, and with FS9 only, I'd use XP 32.

swadeep

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 06:46:16 pm »
Well I use fsx also but time to time and plus 32bit version won't utilize all the ram I have right?? So to prevent OOM also maybe shud stick with 64 bit??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 07:24:19 pm »
Yes, on a 32 bit OS, you can't use more than 3GB for an application, even if patched. However, under x64 OS, a 32 bit application (when patched), can only use up to 4GB, even if you have more ram. So, in order to use ALL your 6GB, an application should be a native 64 bit app.

So, it really depends by *how much* you are exceeding what would be the otherwise standard limit of 2GB per process.

If FS9 + your addons are taking, let's say, 2.5 GB, you would need to patch FS9.EXE, but it would run well even with Windows 32 bit, since you can have up to 3GB there. It would not run much better with 6GB, the only difference would be that the system will have more space for disk chache, on a x64 OS.

If, instead, your FS9 + addons is taking more than 3GB, than you don't have any other choice to use x64, which can go up to 4GB per 32 bit process (when patched)

Of course, FSX might be more taxing on RAM so, if you use FSX as well, it might be better (considering you already *have* 6GB) to use x64. But in this case, I'd wait for Windows 7.

swadeep

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2009, 12:03:27 pm »
Hi Virtuali!

Great News I think. I have reformatted my computer and went with Windows VISTA Ultimate 64 bit again and this time I decided not to install anything in the computer first except FS and updated it to 9.1 and applied the no cd crack and then as you said:

Installed AMS first then remove the three bglmans and then install all three FSDT sceneries. Now I can enter FS and managed to reactivate all the four sceneries!! Thank You so much! Don't know why it wouldn't work before!! Anyway let's hope there won't be any problems now. I am thinking of purchasing FSDT Geneva and Las Vegas also and i hope it doesn't mess anything up! Thank You once again.

Your help is very very much appreciated and thanks for a super quick reply and wonderful products!!!

Now I will go through a long process of installing everything again so that tonight i can fly into Amsterdam!!

Best Wishes
Swadeep

stoneman101

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2009, 05:11:26 pm »
I too had a similar problem with Cloud 9 KLAX and Fsdt KORD,KJFK,KLAS and had KFLL installed but not active.  My problem was FS9 would quit (APPCRASH) anywhere between 5-30 minutes of flight. It started after I installed KFLL, again just the demo, not active.   I had that problem with XP 32 bit, then changed to Vista Ultimate 64 bit and the problem was SILL there, then decided to uninstall FS9 & start again from scratch and add one at a time to see if I could find the culprit.

I followed your steps of installing Cloud 9 KLAX first, the delete Bglman(s) then installing the active Fsdt airports ORD, JFK & LAS. Then adding on all of the WOAI and other aircraft back into the hanger.  Overnight I did a run from KORD to EGLL, in the Level-D American Airlines flt 92, flight time 7:36 and no problems at all.

My question is, did deleting the Bglman(s) fix my problem, or could something in the KFLL package create this problem?  Thank you for the great scenery, I truly enjoy flying into & out of your airports, FPS average 50-70.

Thanks again,

Stoneman101
KGSP

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2009, 06:18:54 pm »
My question is, did deleting the Bglman(s) fix my problem, or could something in the KFLL package create this problem?  Thank you for the great scenery, I truly enjoy flying into & out of your airports, FPS average 50-70.

I'm not sure to have understood the question. You said yourself that, after reinstalling FS9 from scratch, you were able to complete a whole flight without problems so, it appears your problem has been fixed. It was probably inside FS9, since you said that reinstalling Windows didn't help, but reinstalling FS9 did.

However, the whole point is that your problem was not caused by bglman.dll in the first place.

- If you had the old version, it would not run on Vista 64 at all.

- If you had mis-matched files coming from different version, it would not crash after some time, but it would quit from FS9 at start

And, as you said yourself, by reinstalling everything from scratch, works ok now. So, it's clear that your problem was not related to bglman.dll in any way. The fact you reinstalled everything from scratch, has probably fixed something else, either in your Windows installation or in your FS9 installation, that created the crash after flying for some time.

And no, the fact that it started when you installed KFLL, it's no indication the problem is KFLL, which is obviously clearly demonstrated by the fact that, after a total reinstall, you are now able to use KFLL without any problems.

Also, the steps I've outlined to correctly install the sceneries, are usually not needed. It should be more than enough to just install FSDT after Cloud9, I simply added the "manual remove" step, to be absolutely sure that nothing could interfer with the correct updating of the files, but it shouldn't be necessary, under a normal, working system.

stoneman101

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2009, 07:31:27 pm »
Thanks Virtuali for the quick reply,

I do apologize for not being more succinct, I have reinstalled twice on Vista 64 and have had the same problem every time. Third time was the charm, i was reading this post, so I tried it. I installed everything back into FS9 but, I forgot to add in my post that did not install KFLL on my system, and everything is running smooth.  That's where my question was, "is there anything" in the KFLL package that would be attributed to this, or should I rule it to "Gremlins" , WAIT! Could it be a conflict with KFLL & FREEFlow Florida scenery?  Just thought of that one.

Like I said, I am running fine now without KFLL (darn) but again, thanks for ALL of your help with my gremlins.

Stoneman101

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2009, 08:23:12 pm »
Of course there's nothing in KFLL that is *causing* problems.

If there was, it would cause problems to everybody, and we would have the forum flooded with reports. And, of course, we would have found it already and fixed.

Which is, of course, different than saying that KFLL might be *affected* by something else so, one might mistakenly assume that KFLL is causing problems, just because he notice soone after he install it, but this does't mean the cause is KFLL itself but, simply, something that is affecting it.

Don't have any idea if or why KFLL might be affected by another scenery but, of course, if the other scenery had a bug in this area, it might get noticed more easily, because, having KFLL, you have a reason to go there.

The obvious course of action in this case, is to install ONLY FS9, the 9.1 update AND KFLL, and NOTHING ( I repeat, NOTHING) else, then test it for a while.

Once you are confident KFLL works, you can start installing the OTHER stuff, one by one. Eventually, you'll find the culprit.

stoneman101

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 09:36:40 pm »
Thanks for your help, but by the tone of your reply, I hope I DiD NOT offend you in anyway, because that was NOT my intent AT ALL!  All I was doing was throwing out ideas and picking your brain.

I do understand that if there was another issue with the package, there would have been a post on it, and your team would have fixed the issue in a timely matter, that has been demonstrated in the past.  I saw the post with symptoms that were similar to mine, so I thought I would ask.

Stoneman101

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2009, 10:18:32 pm »
No problem here, I'm not offended in any way and, one shouldn't forget that, written words usually sound stronger than a verbal conversation would be.

I was only suggesting what would be a correct way to search for problems: starting with clean installation and testing one by one every addon, is the only thing that really works.