Author Topic: bglman.dll causing FS9 to crash!  (Read 20614 times)

swadeep

bglman.dll causing FS9 to crash!
« on: August 07, 2009, 01:21:36 pm »
Hi Guys. I own Cloud9 AMS and FSDT JFK ORD and ZRH. Anyway I have just bought a new PC and i am facing a weird problem. I am usign Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit as I was using before in my older PC and all them four sceneries worked fine without a problem. This time I installed just Cloud9 first then FS9 just crash when i click to launch it. tried with FSDT products also and then same results. I was only able to go into FS again after deleteing bglman.dll and then removed the sceneries in FS. Then i uninstall in the add.remove programs and everything is removed except for cloud9 as when i click on it nothing happens it's like the process freeze. After restarting many times also i can't run the AMS104 installer again as the process freezes too :( I tried installing just FSDT and still crash. So the problem is bglman.dll i guess. Can you please help me fix this?? tried downloading addon manager also and installed it after installing all sceneries but still doesn't work. even after disabling AVG.

Please help! :(

Thanks
Best Wishes
Swadeep

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: bglman.dll causing FS9 to crash!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 01:34:48 pm »
The current version of bglman.dll works with Vista 64. The older version that comes with EHAM does not.

If you have FS9 QUIT (not crash) on launch, it's because you are probably trying to use a mix of older and new versions together, which is something that doesn't happen if you use our installers and if you install Cloud9 stuff first.

Check you are doing this, exactly this, and only this, don't do anything else, and do it in exactly the following order:

- Reboot Windows

- Install all Cloud9 products, be sure you are using the current version, if not, download the installers again. Don't launch FS9 yet.

- remove bglman*.* (DLL and DAT files) from the MODULES folder

- Install FSDT products. It's important that you install FSDT AFTER Cloud9.

If still doesn't work, don't do anything, just report back.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 01:37:32 pm by virtuali »

swadeep

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 01:41:37 pm »
Thanks very much for a quick reply!!

Ok I will do exactly what you say and report the result. Just a few question please:

1. As i told you, the problem is when i try to install Cloud9 now the process freeze. it comes up and said initializing installation then just freeze. Is there anyway i can solve this first? maybe delete its registry something? how can i do that? because i removed the folder manually and now when i click uninstall program it just freeze also the process.

2. I disabled DEP in vista? Could this be the problem? I doubt it though.

3. I hope your method works cos before after i rebooted the computer and gave up on AMS and reinstalled the three FSDT sceneries first and then installed the addon manager from cloud 9. It crashes.

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

swadeep

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 03:19:52 pm »
Hi. I tried exactly like you said but still doesn't work :( FS9 still quits right after I launch it :(

Please help sir! Thank You

Best Wishes
Swadeep

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 03:32:55 pm »
Hi. I tried exactly like you said but still doesn't work :( FS9 still quits right after I launch it :(

As I've said, if it just quits, without any error message, it's because files are mixed between old and new versions. Have you followed my direction *exactly*, including the manual remove of ALL bglman* files after installing the Cloud9 version ?

Can you please check the bglman.dll version ? Right click on it, and select "Properties", then "Details"

swadeep

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 03:41:47 pm »
Hi yes. I tried exactly like you said. Now I have just uninstalled  everything and i deleted bglman already so i don't know version. I use uninstall program from control panel to uninstall all FSDT products and for CLOUD9 is freezes. I ended up having to uninstall it via revouninstaller which cleans registry also. Even when i installed cloud9 (download from the web latest version) it just comes up saying starting installation and then it deosn't even show the progress just after sometimes pdf file of ams pop up on desktop and i see through FSNAV database that the scenery is intalled. i followed ur exact instructions but doesn't work.

i am goign to try reboot now an install just FSDT and see how it goes and if it works or not cos it should right? if i dont install cloud 9 again.

swadeep

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 03:48:15 pm »
Okay i tried installing only Zurich after uninstalling everything and still the same thing happens. Something must be wrong. and also weird how the AMS installer behaved like i told you.

anyway the file version is 1.0.0.62 downloaded during the installation of Zurich.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 04:03:00 pm »
Okay i tried installing only Zurich after uninstalling everything and still the same thing happens. Something must be wrong. and also weird how the AMS installer behaved like i told you.

I haven't said to "uninstall everything". I've said to do specifically a certain course of actions, only those actions, and only in that order, so I'm sure what you are doing.

Now, please, do the following, so we'll be sure of the files:

Could you install this utility here ?

http://code.kliu.org/hashcheck/downloads/HashCheckInstall-latest.exe

It's a small shell extension that can be used to verify file integrity. After installing it, can you check the MD5 checksum for the following files ?

bglman.dll
bglman.dat
bglman_fsdt.dat
bglman_skymakers.dat

You can check the checksum, by right-clicking on each file, and selecting "Properties", then the "Checksums" tab, with several checksums will be listed. Post here the md5 for all 4 files. This will, at least, verify your files are not corrupted on your machine.

swadeep

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 04:18:57 pm »
Hi. Okay I have done as you said. So weird why suddenly there is this problem this time when it never failed to work before :S. Okay here are the scan:

File: Modules\bglman.dat
   MD5: ce4ef4da8aae753966cbfb635f805770

File: Modules\bglman.dll
   MD5: e97425291bd93b2028755d90ad51b013

File: Modules\bglman_fsdt.dat
   MD5: eb2c81272beea20f05c696fea0f30613

File: Modules\bglman_skymakers.dat
   MD5: 35d5dfd030c6342585961789f7664086

swadeep

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 04:34:16 pm »
Hi. I don't know if this is worth mentioning ( i doubt it isn't) but i have 6gb ram in my vista ultimate 64bit and i use CFF explorer to set "app can handle more than 2gb....". Shouldn't be a problem as i did previously also but just though I'd mention it just in case.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 04:35:14 pm »
Alright, all your files are fine, so we can exclude a corruption or a mis-match of those.

It might be the esellerateengine.dll hasn't been installed, or it's the wrong version.

Check the esellerateengine.dll file in the following folders:

C:\Windows
C:\ProgramData\Esellerate (this is an hidden folder, you need to enable hidden files view in Explorer to see it)
C:\FS9 (your FS9 root folder)

You should have only 1 esellerateengine.dll file, and ONLY in the C:\ProgramData\Esellerate folder. If you see other copies of it in the other folders, remove them all.

And, just to be sure the .dll is the right one as well, you can download it separately from here.

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/binaries/eSellerateEngine.dll

Put it into the C:\ProgramData\Esellerate folder

swadeep

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 04:40:20 pm »
Yes it's only in the folder that it is supposed to be and the file version is 3.6.5

I can't download via the link you gave me. It says no permission to enter something like that. Tried with both Firefox and internet explorer. It doesn't work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 05:40:05 pm »
I can't download via the link you gave me. It says no permission to enter something like that. Tried with both Firefox and internet explorer. It doesn't work.

The links works fine, just tried it now.

However, your Esellerate version seems to be the correct one. It's important you don't have another copy lying in any of the other folders.

swadeep

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 05:47:53 pm »
Hi. The link still doesn't work for me. Will try on other computers. Yes I can confirm that the file is not in any other folders except in the programdata/esellerate folder

What to do now sir?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 06:19:10 pm »
I'm sorry, but I'm afraid there are no other explanations, other than something in your system that prevent it to run.

I've just tested now again, just to be sure, on a Vista 64 machine (a Mac booting in Windows, on top of that...), with 6GB AND with FS9.EXE patched to use >2GB.

No problems whatsoever, FS9 runs at the first try, I've only installed KFLL, but that comes with same bglman files you have. Patching or not FS9 for >2GB with CFF explorer doesn't make any difference: it works in both cases.

And yes, I also have AVG installed with the latest A/V definitions just downloaded, and it's not even disabled.

BTW, KFLL is running at 70 fps in this setup...