Author Topic: Dummy Runways at LSZH  (Read 4963 times)

kamileq

Dummy Runways at LSZH
« on: March 22, 2009, 08:51:17 pm »
I have dummy runways (plenty of them) in LSZH map option in FS9 and also ATC Controller assigns me these dummy runways for landing. There are plenty of them - everyone has 10ft lenght. Last time for example ATC ordered me to land at Visual Rwy 24. There is about twenty dummy rwys. How to get rid of them? The same situation is at EHAM by Cloud9 Team.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Dummy Runways at LSZH
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 12:32:59 am »
Please, read the forum, this has been explained many times already.

It's not obviously a problem, as it's not a problem with Cloud9 EHAM either. The FS9 AFCAD has been made this way to allow cross runway operation for AI, and it has been made like this with the help of several forum users. There's a very long thread about the AFCAD in this section, please read it if you are interested in the motivations, because it doesn't make much sense repeating it here.

If you don't like it, you can simply delete the dummy runway with AFCAD

kamileq

Re: Dummy Runways at LSZH
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 05:26:49 pm »
Thank you for pointing me in the proper direction. I didn't know that this issue is connected with AFCAD, so I did not read post about AFCAD issues during my forum searching. Now everything is ok for me. Sorry for asking the question already solved earlier. :-X