Author Topic: Tried Prepar3dv4  (Read 3756 times)

timmo73

Tried Prepar3dv4
« on: July 05, 2017, 07:32:07 pm »
Just bought and tried Prepar3dv4. The frame rates were terrible even at lowest settings. It was jerking all over the place. Shut off the dynamic lighting and it didn't change anything. This means I'd have to get a computer over $1000 and that 's out of the question. It's not really that user friendly like FSX. I didn't really like it at all. I'm sure there will be others in the same boat. If you want Prepar3dv4 be prepared to put out major money to get a gaming computer it to at least have decent frame rates. It looks good on paper but the problems are way too numerous.

Jayster226

Re: Tried Prepar3dv4
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 02:12:30 am »
Na, I have an average computer and I'm averaging about 30 frames

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 10:34:00 am »
It's not possible to say which problem you might have, without having a look at your system. I have way better fps and smoothness with P3D4 than FSX, on the same system, which IS average for today's standards ( i7 6700 + GTX980 ).

The main difference between FSX and P3D4 is that, with FSX, you can add better hardware (graphic and, especially, memory), and you won't see much difference, while with P3D4, you will get visible benefits improving the hardware.

Since you WILL update your hardware, sooner or later, it means that with FSX there's no future, since the sim is stuck in 32 bit forever, so you WILL switch to P3D4 entirely.

While you, as an user, can say "I'm not switching to P3D4 *now*", we cannot afford that luxury, because it takes at least a year and usually more, to do the kind of detailed scenery we do, which means we cannot design a scenery for the PC/sim you use NOW, but we should anticipate what you'll be using in the 2 years.

Because, of course, when you will switch in 2 years (and you will), you wouldn't want to buy stuff that was made for the 11 years old sim...

timmo73

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 02:50:38 pm »
I'll just have to wait to get a new computer which will be 3 or 4 years. There's more important things to get like food and paying the mortgage.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 03:27:37 pm »
I'll just have to wait to get a new computer which will be 3 or 4 years.

Nobody is taking away the sceneries you already have in the meantime. But that's an entire different issue as saying what NEW sceneries WE will have to work in the future, which what this announcement is about.

So, if you cannot update your PC before 3 years, the only issue is that you'll buy P3D (maybe V5) and KORD or KPIT maybe a year or two later. But you will eventually buy them so, for own point of view, it doesn't really make any sense to cripple them and be stuck with inferior product overall (for everybody), just to be compatible with FSX during the 1/2 years of the transition.

Drumcode

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 03:33:00 pm »
I'll just have to wait to get a new computer which will be 3 or 4 years. There's more important things to get like food and paying the mortgage.

The world doesn't revolve around you and others like you who cannot afford the new gear. I'm tired of reading all of this nonsense.

timmo73

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 02:44:35 am »
I have to be realistic and wise. Things will change so it's best to wait to work the kinks out. There's several airplanes and sceneries that are not ready for P3DV4. It will take time to update all of that.

BillS511

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 02:56:44 am »
No time better then now to start that new computer fund.
I've been simming for 25+ years and I have to say P3Dv4 is by far the best yet.

Bill

i7-6700K 4.0 GHz OC 4.6 GTX1080

bradl

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 07:02:51 pm »

Time to take the BOFH tack here.

The problem is: PEBKAC. Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair.

I built my last box at least 4 years ago. Mini-ITX build:
Intel Core I5-3570K
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mobo
8GB DDR3 memory
120GB SSD (OS)
500GB HDD (applications)
500GB SSD (FS9/P3D)
3TB HDD (backups)
ATI Radeon R9 290 6GB Video card

Yes, I built this 4 years ago, and I build all my boxes to be future-proofed. The excuse of outdated hardware is a crock, if I can build this over time. I understand that there are more priorities, but to blame on hardware and 3-4 year old hardware, let alone poor choice of hardware is bollocks.

BL.