Author Topic: KMEM ILS 18L CTD  (Read 4413 times)

pcubine

KMEM ILS 18L CTD
« on: July 09, 2016, 03:53:39 pm »
Umberto

Attached is an event log for CTD ILS Approach to 18L. I use FSUIPC Autosave so loaded the flight which resulted in another CTD at about the same place. Firewall is off. AV is MSE with the FSX plus the two files you previously mentioned excluded. I do not use GSX. Have flown out of and into KMEM in the past without problem using the PMDG MD-11, 737NGX and 777F. Any ideas?

Thank you
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KMEM ILS 18L CTD
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 11:02:55 am »
The G2D.DLL crash has been discussed so many times, but we never able to replicate it.

Some users associated it with the use of an AI traffic package like MyTraffic, possibly a corrupted/missing texture for an AI that appears at KMEM at a specific time, so you don't always reproduce it, and you might be lead thinking it's a KMEM problem just because (due to schedule and liveries), you only notice it there.

Other users (and this was confirmed to us by Ezdok camera support) that it might be caused by an outdated version of Ezdok camera.

pcubine

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 07:09:03 am »
The G2D.DLL crash has been discussed so many times, but we never able to replicate it.

Some users associated it with the use of an AI traffic package like MyTraffic, possibly a corrupted/missing texture for an AI that appears at KMEM at a specific time, so you don't always reproduce it, and you might be lead thinking it's a KMEM problem just because (due to schedule and liveries), you only notice it there.

Other users (and this was confirmed to us by Ezdok camera support) that it might be caused by an outdated version of Ezdok camera.
Yesterday (7-13-2016) was the first time I have been able to try ILS 18L Approach since the CTD. One of the two lastest Couatl Live Updates must have done something because there is no longer a CTD.

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 10:14:32 am »
One of the two lastest Couatl Live Updates must have done something because there is no longer a CTD.

We in fact fixed a crash problem, but it was happening only when existing the sim, and it crashed in ntdll.dll, not g2d.dll, which is something likely related to textures.

pcubine

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 04:23:11 am »

Completed another approach and landing without a CTD. For your information I don't have any of your fall guys. No Ezdok or AI to blame. As I said in post on the July 14, 2016, one of the Couatl Live Updates corrected the problem.

Michael Cubine
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 04:41:06 pm by pcubine »
Michael Cubine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 01:41:31 pm »
Completed another approach and landing without a CTD. For your information I don't have any of your fall guys. No Ezdok or AI to blame. As I said in post in the July 14, 2016, one the Couatl Live Updates corrected the problem.

This was in your case, which doesn't necessarily mean it's exactly the *same* as everybody else.

We got a confirmation from Ezdok support people that, in case of an user that I personally assisted with Teamviewer, the crash WAS caused by his outdated Beta version of Ezdok camera. And, another user still has a crash IN FSUIPC4.DLL, which is nothing we have any interaction with.

As I've said, the Couatl update fixed a crash that could only happen in ntdll.dll or kernelbase.dll (usually it happened when exiting the sim, but it could also randomly appear in flight), but it couldn't possibly have any effect on anything related to graphics/textures, which the GD2.DLL crash is related to.