Author Topic: MIL Cargo on all Gates & Parking  (Read 3892 times)

walt642

MIL Cargo on all Gates & Parking
« on: March 16, 2015, 09:46:43 pm »
When I choose CYVR and go to pick a gate, They all show MIL/Cargo instead of Small Medium and Heavy. Any ideas? I'm stumped. Thanks Walt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: MIL Cargo on all Gates & Parking
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 09:06:15 am »
This has been asked and answered on our forum many times already, and of course is not a bug of the scenery or something that should be fixed.

The parkings in our airports are all flagged as GA or Mil/Cargo, to get rid of the default ground vehicles, that eats frame rates, interfere with our own vehicles and scenery ground details, and look bad too. Many other developers use the same technique.

But we have GSX, fortunately. Using GSX, you'll notice that all parkings are named and grouped exactly like in reality, overcoming the FSX naming limitations. If you use GSX to select a parking when you are outside of it (on the runway, for example), in combination with the "Just Warp Me there" option, this will effectively work as a replacement for the default FSX "Go To Airport" menu, because it will just move your airplane there, without activating any service yet. In addition to that, GSX will tell you if the parking is large enough to take the airplane you are flying at that time, another feature the default FSX Go To menu is missing.

So, having GSX (we is free on FSDT airport, so the reasoning would be valid even if you haven't purchased it), the issue of having parkings are labeled as GA in the default Go To Airport menu, becomes moot.

walt642

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 07:51:52 pm »
Thank you. I did find this after a day and a half of pilling my hair out, Thanks. Another question for you if I may. My cousin uninstalled CYVR because the docking was all messed up( Not Aligned). He uninstalled it, Uninstalled GSX, Coualt and addon manager. Now when he trys to reinstall Coualt, it downloads, It runs, and when he opens FSX up there is no addon manager. We downloaded the Atand Alone manager, it starts to download and stops says the file has been deleter or moved. So when we no longer havd GSX or The addon manager. We just want to get the Addon manager right now and then we can always reload GSX. This one really has us stumper. Oh Yea, what I tried was to make a new folder, download the addon manager and save it to this folder. When it downloads, "it shows up in the new folder"  but only for about 5 seconds and then it dissapears all by itself. Talk about pulling your hair out. If you can't help us on this one maybe you know someone who can. I would really be greatful if you can.  Thanks Walt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 04:48:57 pm »
We downloaded the Atand Alone manager, it starts to download and stops says the file has been deleter or moved.

That's your antivirus, which is bugged and has removed the installer because it mistakenly thought it was dangerous. It isn't, of course, it's just a false positive due to an antivirus bug.

When the antivirus is defective, you should proceed as follows:

- Download and install with the Antivirus TURNED OFF, entirely

- BEFORE trying to launch FSX for the first time, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX