Author Topic: After installing gsx fsx stays on load screen  (Read 3720 times)

ACA2315

After installing gsx fsx stays on load screen
« on: February 01, 2015, 09:26:45 pm »
Hi guys I recently purchased gsx ground services and now fsx is just staying on loading screen for ages!? I followed the installation proccess with it saying its installed correctly,  I went out of fsx and went back incand two pop ups windows came up which have done before, I think relating to gsx, but since I said yes to always running with them my fsx isnt loading, im a windows 8 user btw?Hope some of you guys can help me outThanks domACA2315

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: After installing gsx fsx stays on load screen
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 09:32:58 pm »
I recently purchased gsx ground services and now fsx is just staying on loading screen for ages!?

Nobody ever reported this before. Do you have an unreasonably high number of addon sceneries, installed on a slow drive ?

I went out of fsx and went back incand two pop ups windows came up which have done before, I think relating to gsx

That's normal, of course. You must trust the two modules the first time you launch FSX after the installation. It won't be asked again.

since I said yes to always running with them my fsx isnt loading

This sentence is not very clear. Is your FSX not loading at all, or it's just slow starting up, as it seemed from your first sentence ?

ACA2315

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 09:50:42 pm »
I did everything including the acceptance of the two pop-ups, but since I've installed it, and un-installed and then re installed again, My fsx goes onto the load screen, the one which appears after clickling on the desktop icon and just stays loading without moving on into the program! everything was fine before I installed gsx and its all gone badly. Do i need to run the program in a certain compatibility or is it the UIautomationcore.dll i put in when setting up my pc.   I have a pc with a good graphics card and proccesor, and I have never bought fsdreamteam products before or any other sceneries for that matter...

Dom

ACA2315

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 09:54:35 pm »
-Intel i5 proccesor and nvidia geforce graphics card

ACA2315

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 10:45:13 pm »
One of the pop ups is the esellerate engine is not installed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 02:35:50 pm »
Do i need to run the program in a certain compatibility or is it the UIautomationcore.dll i put in when setting up my pc.   

That's the opposite: you should NOT run FSX in any compatibility mode, that one is precisely what might cause both the lockup at start AND the message about Esellerate not found.

Go into the Compatibility tab of the Properties for FSX.EXE, and UNCHECK everything. No Compatibility mode of any kind should be enabled for FSX, which is how it's installs by default.