Author Topic: For those about to fly to Montreal.....  (Read 7815 times)

Thibfly

For those about to fly to Montreal.....
« on: September 28, 2008, 09:38:31 pm »
Hi,  :) :) :)

I just saw that BluePrint has set out their Montreal Trudeau CYUL Airport scenery... great, it's been a long time I've been waiting for a CYUL scenery, and the recent KJFK will give possibilities of pax and cargo routes for a long time !!

Hu...I saw that they have project to built a KORD scenery... LOL... maybe they love hard concurence...

http://www.blueprintsimulations.com/BluePrint_CYUL.htm

See you over Canada !!!

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: For those about to fly to Montreal.....
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 03:51:20 pm »
Hu...I saw that they have project to built a KORD scenery... LOL... maybe they love hard concurence...

They also sell their sceneries for a lot less money... not everybody needs or wants AES support, or a code that activates both versions.  I'm happy with the FSDT version, but I wish the BP version had been finished for comparison.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Dillon

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 05:37:42 pm »
I hate when developers do airports others have already done.  FSDT's version can not be topped in both FSX and FS9.  It's too bad Blueprint closed down their forums as I tried to tell them.  I've worked closely with more than a few developers over the years and really pushed to bring you guys things like the Feelthere Airbus and E-Jet series.  I'm currently working on getting us a Feelthere 717.  I suggested to Blueprint to do KMSP, KMEM, CYUL, and they did it.  They took those suggestions and made it happen.  I'm going to see what I can do (maybe you guys can help) in getting them to drop the KORD project and get us some airports that haven't been done yet.  Vancouver could use some work in which they could partner up with FSAddon who has an outstanding package for the whole area.  We could use another KIAH or how about smaller fields like KCHS, KPSX, and KLIT...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 05:41:02 pm by Dillon »

bucifan

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 07:11:26 pm »
I remember reading in one of their news briefs that they were not going to develop any more smaller regional airports because there was not enough money to be made on doing the smaller airports. Then they turn around and decide to do KORD, which was released just months ago, and in my opinion can't be topped. But my question then is how much money can be made doing an airport recently released, and can't be beat? It may be cheaper by about $15, but that is it's only advantage!

Rick

VX4ever

• Next Stop Los Angeles Intl Airport
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 07:36:52 pm »
The advantage is the frames! they focus more on a step above default and you still get good frames with a crappy computer like mine!  I love flying to Chicago but I bet I can get 20 FPS Full traffic thru bluepirint as apposed to my FD Dreamteam version which gives me only 15 on approach!  Don't get me wrong but like i said frames are everything!

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 07:39:38 pm »
I'm going to see what I can do...in getting them to drop the KORD project...

Good luck... Blueprint announced that they were doing KORD in October of 2007!  Maybe they can't top FSDT, but do you seriously think they'll throw away a whole year of work because you ask them to?  I can almost hear them rolling on the floor through my Internet connection.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Kiwiwanabe

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 08:27:51 pm »
I hate when developers do airports others have already done.  FSDT's version can not be topped in both FSX and FS9.  It's too bad Blueprint closed down their forums as I tried to tell them.  I've worked closely with more than a few developers over the years and really pushed to bring you guys things like the Feelthere Airbus and E-Jet series.  I'm currently working on getting us a Feelthere 717.  I suggested to Blueprint to do KMSP, KMEM, CYUL, and they did it.  They took those suggestions and made it happen.  I'm going to see what I can do (maybe you guys can help) in getting them to drop the KORD project and get us some airports that haven't been done yet.  Vancouver could use some work in which they could partner up with FSAddon who has an outstanding package for the whole area.  We could use another KIAH or how about smaller fields like KCHS, KPSX, and KLIT...

Oh...and thank you so much for your never ending dedication to our hobby Dillon...where would we be without you.....but, I sense something must be troubling you...something other than BP doing another KORD...it seems you feel the need to tell us over and over and over and over and over again your supposed credentials....

Feeling a bit insecure these days Dillon? I'm saddened you feel the need to rely on public forums for endless self promotion when you can very easily just start your own "I'm Dillon and I'm the Man" forum....I'll join and send you a PM once a week to say how great you are....will that help?

Hoping you get well soon,
-Russ

PS - "hate" is such a strong word don't you think....do you really care that much about what another developer is doing....especially, when if you really do have anything at all to do with the Wilco Airbus you should talk less and fix more. Hard to believe anybody associated with that mess could criticize anything....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 08:29:23 pm »
Moderation, please...

Dillon

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 02:32:25 am »
I'm going to see what I can do...in getting them to drop the KORD project...

Good luck... Blueprint announced that they were doing KORD in October of 2007!  Maybe they can't top FSDT, but do you seriously think they'll throw away a whole year of work because you ask them to?  I can almost hear them rolling on the floor through my Internet connection.

They haven't even started working on it yet.  Usually they start building the next scenery right after the last release.  Next up is CYYZ so all effort is going there (at least that's how it was explained to me in the past).  The list you see is a planned goal list but it's not set in stone.  I've seen them change things in the past.  Bottom line is there is time to convince them if people speak up on the issue via emails...

PS - "hate" is such a strong word don't you think....do you really care that much about what another developer is doing....especially, when if you really do have anything at all to do with the Wilco Airbus you should talk less and fix more. Hard to believe anybody associated with that mess could criticize anything....

Concerning the Airbus series, there's only so much one can do as a beta tester...  I really don't understand your angst against the Airbus series as it's quite functional, decent, and the only add-on on the market that comes close to what the real Bus is all about.  As far as the rest of that mess you wrote above (which makes entirely no since), I have no time for it...  :-\
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 10:28:52 pm by Dillon »

mackintosh

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 10:06:32 pm »
Meh, whatever. I just simply can't get over how ugly those sceneries look. Mass production of sub-par quality sceneries isn't my cup of tea.

And before someone shouts "Ah, but mackintosh, jolly old chap, them FPSes are ever so amazingly high!", I turn your attention to the recently released ESSA scenery over at Aerosoft. Blistering fast FPS (and I really mean fast, that thing simply flies), high quality custom terrain textures, pretty good quality modeling and building textures and all that for only 10EUR more. So, it can be done. Sure, it takes a bit more time, but...then again, why do I even bother :)

thepilot

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 10:24:37 pm »
I'm currently working on getting us a Feelthere 717. 

Yeah! Great idea!
That would be awesome.
Would be the perfect choice for them.