Author Topic: AVG Trojan threat then esellerate engine dll error when installing KLAX  (Read 3432 times)

robbo747

Hi

Am re-installing FSDT sceneries following a C drive rebuild.

Currently trying to install KLAX, by downloading and installing from your web site.

First off, I get an AVG threat, during the initial install, "IDP.trojan.cb452937" it lists the object name as "C:\users\rob\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\content.IE5\P9VBDB34\KLAX_FSX_SETUP.exe"

Then I get an error message
"C:\ProgramData|esellerate\eSellerateEngine.dll
An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory: MoveFile failed code 5
Access is denied"

I have already successfully reinstalled 3 other FSDT sceneries without problems, now I'm stuck and would like some advice please.

Thanks

Rob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AVG Trojan threat then esellerate engine dll error when installing KLAX
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 03:53:08 pm »
First off, I get an AVG threat, during the initial install, "IDP.trojan.cb452937" it lists the object name as "C:\users\rob\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\content.IE5\P9VBDB34\KLAX_FSX_SETUP.exe"

The antivirus is bugged, and has got a false positive, you must turn it off while installing, and configure it to exclude the following files and folders from scanning, before running FSX:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

Then I get an error message  "C:\ProgramData|esellerate\eSellerateEngine.dll
An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory: MoveFile failed code 5 Access is denied"

This because either you (you tried to run the installer with FSX still running) or another program (maybe the antivirus itself) is preventing the installer to write in that folder. Try again after Windows reboot, but be sure you configure the antivirus as explained above, and turn if off when installing.

robbo747

Re: AVG Trojan threat then esellerate engine dll error when installing KLAX
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 04:14:16 pm »
Virtuali

Followed your instructions exactly and it worked a treat.

Thanks so much for the prompt advice

Rob