Author Topic: no buildings  (Read 46993 times)

jacob123

Re: no buildings
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 07:47:30 pm »
I am using the most current versions for all of them. :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 08:34:13 pm »
I am using the most current versions for all of them

You probably aren't becase, if you had, the most current releases for Zurich and O'Hare *already* used the same Addon Manager as JFK, because their installer (if it was really the current one) already downloaded the relevant files from the internet. Since the location is just one, if you had the latest Zurich and the latest O'hare, there's no reason why it wouldnì't work with JFK, because you were already using the very latest file

Another reason might be that either FSX didn't close properly so the installer wasn't able to put all the correct files in place.

Try to reboot, Uninstall JFK, reply YES to BOTH questions about removing the Addon Mananger and the Couatl Engine, then reinstall JFK.

jacob123

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 08:50:20 pm »
I don't think you understand me. I doubled check to make sure that I have the latest releases for all 3 and I do and tried everything else that you suggested in all your previous posts to people that had the same problem as me. But you didn't answer my question. Why is that O'Hare works fine but Zurich and JFK don't if they all use the same addon manager? I am kinda kinda frustrated because I bought Zurich X and now I can't use it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 09:48:38 pm »
But you didn't answer my question. Why is that O'Hare works fine but Zurich and JFK don't if they all use the same addon manager?

Yes, I did replied to this question. They DO work fine together.

Now, we should try to understand why they don't work together on YOUR system, which is an entirely different thing.

First check, can you please email me your scenery.cfg file ? Is located at:

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\FSX

SEdge

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2008, 05:21:11 am »
when i try to run sp2 it says system administrator has set policies to prevent installation.  do you know how i can change these policies  once again i run vista.

-Sean

mickthebike

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2008, 07:11:57 am »
Clyde as far I remember uninstall from Vista/system/programmanager.

Those two confirmation messages, as far as I remember, only appeared while installing as admin.
But it makes no difference as no builidings show up.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2008, 01:04:00 pm »
But it makes no difference as no builidings show up.

Again...usual questions

- Do you see the Addon Manager in the Addons menu ?

- If yes, what does it say about Zurich ? If no, have you trusted the module to run ? Have you FSX + Sp2 or Accel installed ?

- Do you see any kind of error messages when starting ?

- Are you sure you are using the current version of all sceneries ?

mickthebike

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2008, 03:45:11 pm »
Addon Manager? I've actived both sceneries in the scenery library.
And no I didn't find anything addon alike. Where?

I'm running FSX as normal user because I've a lot of things installed without a virus scanner.
Therefore if you ask me to run FSX as admin I'd look for other sceneries but hopefully there's
another solution to this.

FSX & SP2 on Vista 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2008, 04:40:14 pm »
And no I didn't find anything addon alike. Where?

Exactly where I've said. In the Addons menu. If you don't see it, it means is not running.

I'm running FSX as normal user because I've a lot of things installed without a virus scanner.

Don't assume for an instant that, running as a standar user, will protect you from virus *instead* of a virus scanner. If it was so easy, the antivirus companies would have bankrupt ed already.

Sorry no, it's more complex than that, viruses and malware can still do a lot of damage. The only thing that a virs might not be able to do on a limited user account, is to entirely cripple the whole machine and install itself to start automatically, but that doesn't mean that it would be otherwise harmless in a limited user account.

Without admin access, any program you run (including malware that you might run without realizing it) has full access to your *own* folders, and it can read, write, delete, corrupt your documents, emails, etc.

More info here:
http://anti-virus-rants.blogspot.com/2007/02/limited-security-benefits-of-limited.html

Therefore if you ask me to run FSX as admin I'd look for other sceneries but hopefully there's  another solution to this.

Try to run the *installer* in admin mode, than see if it works with FSX running in standard user mode.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 04:41:53 pm by virtuali »

SEdge

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2008, 05:06:11 pm »
wait what should i be doing.

-Sean

FunknNasty

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2008, 12:34:37 am »
Can someone please point me in the right direction on resolving my issue of no objects while in replay view. The only thing I see are ground textures and jetways ....everything else but the default scenery and my user aircraft are missing.

My config:
XP32 sp3
FSX sp2

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2008, 01:04:06 am »
Can someone please point me in the right direction on resolving my issue of no objects while in replay view.

This is a known issue, all our sceneries are not compatible with the standard FS replay, because the 3d objects are not in the BGL files, but are created on the fly in C++. This doesn't work with the replay.

I suggest to use FS Recorder instead, which is *way* better than the default replay:

http://www.fs-recorder.net/

SEdge

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2008, 03:47:49 am »
where is this addon tab that everyone keeps talking about. is this the one that should come up when  you hit  alt    while flying.   i still  cant install  sp2  btw.   i tried to  download  from multiple websites but the same result came up every time.   any help is much appreciated.
                -Sean

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2008, 10:32:30 am »
if you are still on fsx sp1, jfk would not run. The addons bar will not show, and so the scenery

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2008, 03:04:19 pm »
Umberto,
Your reply was just what I required. Re-checked my installation and found that my reload did not include FSX SP2 install. That fixed it, and I now have buildings!
Many thanks,
Cheers, Richard