Author Topic: no buildings  (Read 47099 times)

SEdge

Re: no buildings
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2008, 03:41:38 am »
check. thenn???
         -Sean

okay  wait now i see where you get the run as administrator from but its only for select programs.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 04:00:08 am by SEdge »

Razgriz

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2008, 04:03:54 am »
Explore into your CD drive, usually the E: drive, right click hit explorer.  The autorun.exe should do the trick.

SEdge

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2008, 04:14:27 am »
autorun comes up in notepad. what next. thanks
       -Sean

Razgriz

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2008, 04:21:12 am »
Find an executable installer.

SEdge

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2008, 04:30:00 am »
windows installer???
         -Sean

it says that autorun is a read only file and cannot be changed.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 04:36:24 am by SEdge »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2008, 12:15:41 pm »
Explore into your CD drive, usually the E: drive, right click hit explorer.  The autorun.exe should do the trick.

He's trying to install SP2. This doesn't have anyting to do with the CD drive, and certainly it wouldn't have an autorun.inf, probably he still has the original FSX CD in the drive.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2008, 12:18:23 pm »
windows installer??? it says that autorun is a read only file and cannot be changed.

Sean, I think it's definitely better if you try with Microsoft support. You are trying to install a Microsoft product (FSX SP2) on a Microsoft OS (Vista), they should be able to help you.

Try to explain the problem exactly like this: FSX SP2 refuses to install and gives a message that the system administrator has set a policy which prevents the installation.

pme

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2008, 12:16:30 pm »
Hi fellow flightsimmers,

First of all I want to congretulate the Dreamteam for making such wonderfull scenery.
It looks fantastic in FS2004. But, as others, I have problems installing in FSX.

I tried to install Zurich and JFK.
I use Windows XP with all the service packs (SP3 is the latest).
I had FSX with SP1. (The install manual states that SP1 OR higher is required).
After reading in the forum I discovered that SP2 is needed, so I uninstalled LSZH and KJFK and installed SP2 for FSX.

After installing the two airfields again I had no confirmation requests for the two modules, no addon manager under the Addons tab and obviously no buidings on both airfields. The installers I used were downloaded on the 24th of September.

Afterwards I installed the Addon Manager and the C++ distributable seprately, but that made no difference.

In the install guide something is said about "Simconnect". I had no problems during the installs of the two Service Packs in FSX, so I don't think I would have to repair FSX or the service packs.

Can you give me advice, for I can't think of anything else to do.

Kind regards,
Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2008, 01:35:51 pm »
I had FSX with SP1. (The install manual states that SP1 OR higher is required).

Thank you for pointing it out. Probably the fsdt_install_guide.pdf should be updated, but the web page for JFK clearly indicates SP2 or Acceleration as a requirement.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_jfk.html

After installing the two airfields again I had no confirmation requests for the two modules, no addon manager under the Addons tab and obviously no buidings on both airfields. The installers I used were downloaded on the 24th of September.

The most important information we need to diagnose your problem, is missing:

The first time, when you originally tried to install in SP1, have you got a confirmation request to run both modules ? And, did you replied Yes to both questions (Windows and FSX), just one, or none at all ? If yes, then there's one way to diagnose the issue.

If, instead, you haven't got any confirmation request, even the first time, then it's an entirely different issue, which needs a different solution.

Afterwards I installed the Addon Manager and the C++ distributable seprately, but that made no difference.

There no reason to do this. The stand-alone Addon Manager installer does exactly the same things and includes exactly the same set of files of the scenery, minus the scenery. And, both installers automatically installs the C++ redistributable.

pme

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2008, 03:55:41 pm »
The first time, when you originally tried to install in SP1, have you got a confirmation request to run both modules ? And, did you replied Yes to both questions (Windows and FSX), just one, or none at all ? If yes, then there's one way to diagnose the issue.

If, instead, you haven't got any confirmation request, even the first time, then it's an entirely different issue, which needs a different solution.

The first time, when I tried to install in FSX SP1 there was no confirmation request whatsoever. I have seen no difference after installing in FSX SP1 as well as in -SP2.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2008, 05:07:05 pm »
The first time, when I tried to install in FSX SP1 there was no confirmation request whatsoever. I have seen no difference after installing in FSX SP1 as well as in -SP2.

If this is the case, it doesn't have anything to do with the scenery or the installer, but it might be a Windows config problem.

Open REGEDIT, and check this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinTrust\Trust Providers\Software Publishing

Check that the value of this key is 0x23c00  (23c00 hexadecimal), that should be the default value when Windows is installed. If is set to any other value, set it back to 0x23c00.

pme

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2008, 09:26:43 pm »
The value is shown in the editor as 0x00023c00(146432). When I try to change that the value is shown as 23c00 Hexadecimal. So that seems OK to me.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 09:28:56 pm by pme »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2008, 09:56:56 pm »
When I try to change that the value is shown as 23c00 Hexadecimal. So that seems OK to me.

Ok, so it's not that issue.

Try this one, instead:

- Open your FSX.CFG, located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

- Look for all the lines containing bglmanx.dll, together with a long string of random chars and delete them all

- Save and exit. Launch FSX and note if now it asks to trust the Addon Manager module.

pme

« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2008, 11:30:20 am »
Sorry to have kept you waiting.

Look for all the lines containing bglmanx.dll, together with a long string of random chars and delete them all

I found two lines in FSX.CFG which contained the bglmanx.dll and deleted them.
Started FSX twice, to be sure, but that didn't make a difference. Still no confirmation requests.

Just for your information: when I look in the FSX.CFG afterwards, so after starting FSX twice, one line with bglmanx.dll in it is back.
The bglmanx.dll is in the root of FSX; is that OK?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2008, 12:28:32 pm »
Just for your information: when I look in the FSX.CFG afterwards, so after starting FSX twice, one line with bglmanx.dll in it is back.

Are you sure you haven't trusted anything coming from "Virtuali s.a.s." ? In that case, this behaviour would be normal, and it's fine. However, if FSX SP2 is correctly installed, the module SHOULD run!

NOTE: it's a known FSX bug (and it's explained on the manual as well) that, the *first* time a module is trusted (regardless if it has been trusted by you explicitely, or by Windows on your behalf if you choose to trust anything coming from us automatically), it would not run immediately. You need to clean exit from FSX, then re-launch it again, and from that moment, the module will run.

If you are *really* sure you never trusted this module ever, and you never instructed Windows to trust anything from us, even during with previous installations of other sceneries that use the Addon Manager (like Cloud9, Aerosoft Florence, etc), then something else is wrong either with your Windows installation, or there's a conflict with another module we never heard of. OR, your FSX SP2 installation wasn't entirely successful.

NOTE: there are 3 versions of Simconnect active on your system, if you had FSX, then FSX SP1 and then FSX + SP2. These versions are all available at the same time. The fact that *other* addons that maybe use the FSX or the FSX SP1 version of Simconnect runs correctly, doesn't mean your SP2 Simconnect is working. It's perfectly possible to end up in a situation with the other 2 Simconnects installed fine (with all the addons using them working), and having the SP2 Simconnect not working, so only the modules requiring this one (like our Addon Manager) would't run.

You can try to activate the Simconnect diagnostic mode:

Open notepad, and copy the following text:

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=verbose
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, that should tell you what's going wrong. Let me know what you are getting, so we can have an idea what's happening.