Author Topic: De-Icers  (Read 16435 times)

TuiflyX3

De-Icers
« on: November 29, 2013, 05:18:06 pm »
Whats the progress there? Been more then 1 year now, since we´re waiting..maybe this winter? Or are there ANY plans to add new options?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: De-Icers
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 05:42:07 pm »
Whats the progress there?

We'll report any news about this when we have them.

Or are there ANY plans to add new options?

Is this a joke, right  ? GSX is *constantly* updated, have you had a look at the update log ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 05:43:46 pm by virtuali »

Longhaul444

• RCJ Transport
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 05:57:49 pm »
I for one have been waiting for the de-icers. But I would rather they not be rushed an added only to have 15 updates to them to make them what they should look like with one update to GSX as a whole. I am sure they are working on releasing them as soon as possible, as other updates may take precedence over the de-icers. I just want a complete update rather than one that has to be fixed b/c they rushed it to keep people happy. They could always do what some other software makers do, add something to the product and make you buy it again. So patience is a must.  :)

ILSVector

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 08:37:45 am »
We definitely could have used those this winter (most of USA anyway)!   :P

Longhaul444

• RCJ Transport
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 05:02:29 pm »
lmao, yes we sure could have. Wasn't very easy flying out of Atlanta when the ice storm hit. Nerve racking trying to get a 747-8i into the air covered in ice. :)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 06:34:13 pm »
Just fill an old Windex bottle with glycol and start spraying.   ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Hnla

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 07:22:49 pm »
Just fill an old Windex bottle with glycol and start spraying.   ;D

That's not funny at all.

taiyang

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 01:04:02 pm »
So patience is a must.  :)
Life is too short to wait de-icers for years.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 10:43:03 pm »
That's not funny at all.

Neither is listening to you whine.  You've been told deicers will come, wait for them.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Longhaul444

• RCJ Transport
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 10:30:38 pm »
So patience is a must.  :)
Life is too short to wait de-icers for years.

Well if you're too impatient to wait for a quality product, then hit the sim shops looking for a sub par deicer pgm. I'm sure someone has one that will be glad to rip you off on.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 10:55:37 pm »
There is, it's called AES.   ;D

streichholz

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 05:54:28 pm »
I can wait for the De-Icing system. GSX works on every airport and works perfect on FSDT and flightbeam airports.

De-Icing would be great if it wouldn't be at the parkingposition like AES.

Would it be possible to choose the runway in the menu and the De-Icing is waiting for you on the right position? (just asking, no requirement)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 07:49:20 pm »
Would it be possible to choose the runway in the menu and the De-Icing is waiting for you on the right position? (just asking, no requirement)
Don't know how they intend on doing the de-icing, given that I'm aware of de-icing being done in one of two ways. The first I've heard of is de-icing done somewhere by the departure runway. The other that I have personally experienced is de-icing being done by the gates. I've seen this happen at Des Moines and at Chicago O'Hare when I flew United in 2009.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 11:20:52 pm »
We are working on De-Icing right now and, it will be made as an additional service at the parking spot, but not as a separate menu.

When you ask for departure clearance and pushback IF there's ice on the airplane or there's a risk of ice formation (checking weather, clouds and outside temp), a warning just before pushback will ask you if you want to call a de-ice service. If you reply Yes, the deicers will come and will deice your airplane, using the appropriate procedure in either two steps (de-icing first and anti-icing next with different fluids), or in a single step.

After de-icing is done, you'll be able to continue the pushback.

This will be the standard service. As an additional feature, that will require a specific airport customization, we'll have some de-icing structures (either using hot fluids or infrared technology) at dedicated positions in the airport. This could possibly work both on our own airports, but also on 3rd party airports that already feature such structures in a non-working way, without any need to be supported by the scenery developer.

Hnla

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 12:46:30 am »
We are working on De-Icing right now

This is music to my ears!!! Thank you. Too bad we are approaching summer... lol.