Author Topic: can't get CYVR to work...  (Read 14722 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: can't get CYVR to work...
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 01:51:19 am »
14 days since I sent the files,,,, what's up?

You shouldn't have waited so long for a reply. With more than 14000 replies (see my post count), it's possible that some thread might be overlooked.

Your Couatl.err doesn't show any errors since June so, it's not relevant.

Your Couatl.log doesn't show anything that should affect CYVR. You have some errors in a few AFCADs, but they are not related to it.

I have no explanation for it, it's obviously a problem in your system, perhaps with permissions on your user account. The only possible chance to fix it is checking your system directly with Teamviewer. Contact me by PM once you have installed it to arrange for a session, any time you like, starting from Monday.

Manny

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 07:23:45 pm »
Any resolution to this Issue?

I only have the trial version of this CYVR and I have the same black texture issue..But when the trial times out and the buildings disappear, the black curtain is lifted and I get to see the ground texture.

I removed the duplicate CYVR from Orbx but that did not resolve the issue.

It is interesting...I save a flight where I am over the airport (5K feet) with "Y" /slew mode.

I exited FSX and get back to FSX and reloaded the saved flight..and every thing looks good.. I then hit "Y" to come out of the slew mode, the Dark carpet is now over the  entire airport.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 07:43:27 pm by Manny »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 09:23:42 pm »

I can't duplicate it in any way, and only two people so far have reported it. Sorry, but I don't have the slightest idea of what's causing it. I'm waiting to check Kaboki PCs with Teamviewer for getting some clue.

Manny

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 01:25:44 am »

I can't duplicate it in any way, and only two people so far have reported it. Sorry, but I don't have the slightest idea of what's causing it. I'm waiting to check Kaboki PCs with Teamviewer for getting some clue.

OK After I came here I realized there is an update to CYVR..the 1.1. After I Installed it the problem I had (black ground Texture) is no more. So the latest update seem to have cured the black ground texture issue.

BTW..the update (delta) file  does not work (for me). But the full product install did work fine

I saw clear improvement in OOM issue ( I got like 3.4G of VAS which is pretty decent and I also got 20-24FPS which is quite good and an  improvement in this area with Orbx stuff an all.

But I am having some slight stutters... . I need to test it some more. but its its not that bad.

But the airport is gorgeous..I  got to see this airport for the first time today after the black textures gone, its really good. This is the only FSDT Airport I don't own yet...

BTW..I picked most of the middle option (texture resolution etc) for all the Question/choices

Without going through the install again.. is there a way to go through the options again. I want to select the lowest textures to see if the stutters would go away for me.

To the OP, please get the latest update. It should solve your issue

« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 02:09:16 am by Manny »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2013, 10:27:48 am »
Without going through the install again.. is there a way to go through the options again. I want to select the lowest textures to see if the stutters would go away for me.

You have to do though the installers, because textures needs to be re-created from scratch in the new resolution. If we simply resized the existing installed ones, the quality would be lower (they are already compressed, so we would have to compress them again after resizing)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 08:52:24 pm by virtuali »

kaboki

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2014, 06:35:29 pm »
14 days since I sent the files,,,, what's up?

I have no explanation for it, it's obviously a problem in your system, perhaps with permissions on your user account. The only possible chance to fix it is checking your system directly with Teamviewer. Contact me by PM once you have installed it to arrange for a session, any time you like, starting from Monday.

Sorry for "forgetting" about this support thread. I kinda got sick and tired of FSX and decided to take a long break from simming until P3Dv2 got released:p. Now I have converted to P3Dv2 and decided to take a look at CYVR again in my new SIM, and I can happily report that my issues I had in FSX are gone and so far it looks like everything works quite good in CYVR and P3Dv2. Im getting excellent performance and ground textures display correctly, I have a small issue with a little flickering on some ground textures but all in all It works nice:). Thanks for your support and trying to help out but I just gave up FSX at the time.  Thanks for giving us P3Dv2 installers, appriciated.:)

Edit: I mentioned the flickering issue, it's kinda annoying, do you have any suggestions?:p. I only have FTX Global installed, FTX AU and FTX NIR, no other sceneries, no Ezdok, and no Opus camera. I tried disabling the C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\scenery\World\scenery\CYVR_AP_alt.BGL file. Didn't help, changed the Mesh to 5m pixel, didn't help.

Looks like Im cursed when using CYVR, not ment to get this scenery working :(
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 07:22:27 pm by kaboki »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2014, 08:53:25 pm »
Edit: I mentioned the flickering issue, it's kinda annoying, do you have any suggestions?

Try the solution suggested here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9665.0.html

kaboki

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2014, 09:10:14 pm »
Edit: I mentioned the flickering issue, it's kinda annoying, do you have any suggestions?

Try the solution suggested here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9665.0.html

Just tried it, didn't help :(. Aw man, I think I'll give up CYVR for good, the scenery just doesn't like me... Having a blast with GSX in P3Dv2 though:). Good work giving us P3Dv2 support, appriciated. Are there trial packages for your other sceneries, that I can test with P3Dv2?. Maybe I have better luck with them:)

Edit: I figured out the trial thing, tested KJFK, what can I say, stand up and take a bow ;D!!. Im so impressed, the performance is like nothing I have seen before and the quality is utterly amazing. And no flickering it just works perfect :). Im getting this scenery for sure when my funds allow:). Im sure gonna follow you and your developments, seems like you have found a brilliant way of designing scenerys that no one else have accomplished when it comes to performance and quality :). I Just have bad luck I guess with CYVR:(.
I also want too add that I deeply apoligize for my tone when I started this thread, I was just so frustrated with FSX and had struggled so much and was generally in a bad mood because of real world circumstances. Now things has changed booth in real life for me and in the FS world. P3Dv2 has sure changed it all and is the future without a doubt, FSX is just a bad memory for me now:). This is gonna be a great year in flightsimming;D

Second edit:)

After my initial "downer" with the flickering I have now settled with it, because it isn't that big deal I tought it would be. I did a more serious flight than my initial testing(unrealistic test flights) and it turn out this flickering issue only happens when circling the airport above from 1200 feet AGL and upwards and is hardly visible if at all when flying "normal" approaches and then it works just fine:). So Im very satisfied now and are infact enjoying it very much.  That's all I wanted to say really. No more need for support and no more complaints Im now a very happy bunny ;D. Thank you, you now have a new fan for life that will stick with you and your products and buy all your new releases when funds allow offcourse. :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 08:03:01 pm by kaboki »