Author Topic: GSX not responing **SOLVED**  (Read 3278 times)

jimble

GSX not responing **SOLVED**
« on: October 03, 2013, 06:48:29 pm »
Hello,
 I have been running GSX for several months with no problems then, all of a sudden, it wont work. When i press ctrl F12 nothing happens..no error messages etc. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, tried changing the key assignment with no luck. This is obviously something i have done to the sim but, can't think what it is and i am unable to trouble shoot it..i installed a couple of freeware airports yesterday, KLAX and EDTT.  I have noted Coconut's post below and the advise you gave.
       Thanks for any help with this.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:14:10 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not responing
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 10:39:35 pm »
The usual questions: do you have both the Addon Manager and the Couatl menus under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

If you have the Couatl menu, do you have the "GSX Settings" menu under it ?

jimble

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 11:23:52 pm »
Thanks for your reply. 
   Yes to all of the above questions.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 11:37:42 am »
Thanks for your reply. 
   Yes to all of the above questions.

Then, the only possible explanation is that another addon has taken the hotkey combination reserved for GSX. Check all your other installed addons that use hotkeys, and be sure there are no key conflicts because, if two add-ons try to use the same key, one of them will not work.

Also be sure you don't have a key conflict between GSX *itself*, since GSX uses two hotkeys, the regular one, which by default is CTRL+F12, and another one that calls GSX directly even at FSDT airports with a YouControl menu, which by default is CTRL+Shift+F12. Check you haven't set them to be the same.

jimble

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 06:08:12 pm »
Thanks Umberto you were 100% correct. I deleted the FSUIPC INI flie and that fixed it. Thanks again.