Author Topic: AppCrash with new version **SOLVED**  (Read 6885 times)

crauds

AppCrash with new version **SOLVED**
« on: October 03, 2013, 12:39:26 am »
Downloaded and installed newest build along with new vehicles.  All went great first two flights.  I then positioned the MD11F (PMDG) at a Cargo stand at SGAS using the enlosed AFCAD as overlay to FSX default.  As soon as I called for fuel (my first call to GSX on this flight) it closed the GSX program and gave me the enclosed APPCRASH.  I rebooted computer and reset up my flight and again I got the same thing.  I am positioning at STAND X1 and there seems to be plenty of room on each side so I am confused as to why COUATL is crashing.  I have NEVER had any problems with your program before and I have used it on every flight since you released the first version.  Enlosed please note the AFCAD plus the error message for SGAS stand X1.

Oh yes, forgot to mention:  the COUATL menu selection is gone after the error and unable to restart it directly with couatl.exe.

I am using FSX on VISTA 64.

Craig
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:13:49 pm by virtuali »
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

miata54

Re: AppCrash with new version
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 02:00:31 am »
I recently lost Couatl as well out of the clear blue sky but having had some experience with losing other programs that have an entry in the dll folder (FSUIPC, Instant Scenery, Addon Manager, etc) in your User/Name/ Apps/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX folder. I checked the dll folder there and found the entry for Couatl to be gone. In the FSX folder there is also an exe folder. I checked in there and found the Couatl entry, so I simply copied that entry and pasted it in the dll folder inside that FSX folder (using the above path) so it looked like this: Couatl entry is at the very bottom.

GSX then worked properly again.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
    <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Instant Scenery</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Instant Scenery\InstantSceneryFSX.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AccuFeelMenu</Name>
    <Path>Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>VistaMare Core</Name>
    <Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>A2A Feel</Name>
    <Path>Modules\A2A_Feel.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>OpusFSX Flight Simulator Server for FSX</Name>
    <Disabled>false</Disabled>
    <Path>c:\OpusFSX\FSXSERVER.EXE</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl</Name>
    <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

dickxxx

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 11:54:14 am »
Having similar problems. To me it only happens with the PMDG 777. After landing everything goes fine, when after parking I call the service menu I select "deboarding" for a split second I see belly loaders. Then they disappear and I cannot recall the service menu and the entry  in the FSX "add-on" menu : "Couatl powered products" is gone. Sometimes I also loose the terminal buildings at the same time. It does not happen at all airports. Have seen this at Aerosofts Fairbanks and at FSDT Hilo. It normally does not happen when I start a FSX but mostly after having had some time in the air. When I save the flight and restart FSX and load the saved flight the problem is not solved but when I start with a fresh flight at the same airport all is well again. At Pacific Islands/Marshall - PKMJ it consistently goes wrong also with a fresh start without any previous flying but not with other aircraft.
thanks / regards
Dick

crauds

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 12:37:59 pm »
Hi MIATA54!  Thanks for the reply.  I did the modification to the dll.xlm file as you did but sounds like you are still having same problem.  I also noticed others are having similar problems at certain airports.  I will try with the modified "dll" file but have never had that entry in the dll before and not had any issues before last upgrade.

EDIT:  Tried the suggested modification but did not eleviate the problem.  Tried another airport SAEZ but no problem there.  Also tried setting aircraft on a taxiway at SGAS and requesting a gate thru COUATL and it gave me a choice and when I selected the gate it asked if required follow-me and after I answered "no" it announced the service company and that marshaller had been dispatched but then the COUATL menu disappeared!  I also am noticing that it seems not to be initializing the airports on startup as it did in previous versions.  Tried several other airports and no problems.  This must be airport specific judgin by other posts in this forum.  I have studied the AFCAD and cannot find anything that is different.  I have checked the stand sizes in the COUATL menu and they are the same as other airports and there is plenty of space on each side of the parking stands so...?

I really need Umberto's input on this!

Craig {FSX / VISTA 64}
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 01:34:17 pm by crauds »
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

Eisbahn

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 01:43:54 pm »
You guys are really pushing it copying and pasting files and doctoring the dll.xml file.
This is not necessary because on most users setup everything works as intended.
Sometime soon you will have nothing working and then you only have yourselves to blame.
I suggest you wait for appropriate advice from Umberto.

crauds

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 02:28:41 pm »
@ Eisbahn.  Duly noted.  Advice taken.

Craig
Craig Williams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 04:59:13 pm »
In the FSX folder there is also an exe folder. I checked in there and found the Couatl entry, so I simply copied that entry and pasted it in the dll folder inside that FSX folder (using the above path) so it looked like this: Couatl entry is at the very bottom.

DON'T DO THAT!!

The Couatl.exe entry should be ONLY in the EXE.XML file!! The DLL.XML file should be used ONLY by .DLL modules.

You are mislead thinking that this "fixed" your problem in some way, simply because there was no problem to begin with, sometimes it's enough to just restart FSX and all programs start normally or, they would do it anyway after a Windows restart so, this gave you the wrong impression that doing such modification did something to fix your problem, but it hasn't.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 05:02:21 pm »
There's another identical issue in another section so, please, don't keep opening identical threads about the same issue.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=9224.0

If this happens only with a specific airplane, the most likely explanation is that you created a configuration for it which is not needed anymore after the recent updates (especially the PMDG 777, we released support for it a day after its release, but people already were start playing with GSX configurations before it was supported), or you have not applied all the latest updates.

As explained in the other thread:

- You use the most current version of GSX, which means you have either installed all the Live Updates OR you installed GSX with the Full 1.8 installer

- You use the configuration that comes with GSX, not an older configuration you might have created for the previous version. You can check this using the "Reset" option in the GSX Airplane configuration editor. And, check you also don't have any GSX.CFG files in the FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\PMDG MD11F folder

If the error still happen, try to enable logging in the "Troubleshooting" section of the "GSX Settings" menu, and check if a Couatl.ERR file is generated in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder. If yes, post its content here.

crauds

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 05:28:04 pm »

If this happens only with a specific airplane, the most likely explanation is that you created a configuration for it which is not needed anymore after the recent updates (especially the PMDG 777, we released support for it a day after its release, but people already were start playing with GSX configurations before it was supported), or you have not applied all the latest updates.

As explained in the other thread:

- You use the most current version of GSX, which means you have either installed all the Live Updates OR you installed GSX with the Full 1.8 installer

-

I had no previous configuration files for the MD-11F and the FSX/.../MD-11F folder has no GSX related cfg files and in COUATL folder under airplanes the PMDG_MD-11F folder is empty.  I have installed the latest live update (assume it is cummulative since several previous updates I did NOT install) and I also have downloaded and installed all livery files.  GSX works fine at all the other airports with this aircraft.  It correctly uses High loader on the LEFT side and small loader on the RIGHT rear side.  It is just this airport that is not working with the PMDG_MD11F but it works fine with the PMDG NGX.  There is no new COUATL.ERR file.  Last entry shows a Feb date.  Only data I have on the problem I have included in the first post in this thread. 

Please advise.

Craig
Craig Williams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 05:48:54 pm »
Is this the stock airport ? If yes, do you use the stock AFCAD, or has been modified ? Does it happen at every gate, or just X1 ?

dickxxx

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 07:26:20 pm »
Thank you Virtuali. In my case the reset for the configuration did the trick !. Happy that things are back to normal.

crauds

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 12:37:02 am »
Is this the stock airport ? If yes, do you use the stock AFCAD, or has been modified ? Does it happen at every gate, or just X1 ?

Hi Umberto!
    I gave you that information in my original post in this thread.  I sent you the BGL of the modified AFCAD for the SGAS airport along with the "appcrash" file that I got.  This modification is to the DEFAULT FSX AFCAD since the default did not have CARGO parking.  The problem occurs anywhere in the airport (taxiway, runway, gates, stands) when GSX is called up for ANY service while using the PMDG MD-11F.   GSX works perfectly with other aircraft (NGX, LEVEL-D, B744, etc.) at that AFCAD, however.  Something about that AFCAD and the PMDG MD-11F combination is causing the issue.  But seems others have had very similar issues at other airports.  I have examined the AFCAD and can find NOTHING out of the ordinary that would cause a problem.  

As I previously stated, the PMDG MD-11F works perfectly with GSX at all the other airports I have flown to in the last several days...only SGAS has this problem.  I can send you the "xml" file for the AFCAD if that would help you pin down the problem.  Please advise.

And thank you for the great program, Umberto.  I cannot imagine flying without it any more!

Craig
Craig Williams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 02:45:31 pm »
Found the problem, it was an error in the new Cargo Loader HI sim.cfg, the generic livery when no parking code is set was missing, download again the latest Vehicles Update installer N. 3, to get the updated file.

crauds

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 04:28:57 pm »
Thanks, Umberto.  I shall immediately re-download as you suggested.  Proof again that not only is your program sensational but your personal attention to the needs of your customers is exemplary!  Thanks again.

EDIT:  Just tried it and that did the trick!

Craig
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 04:49:00 pm by crauds »
Craig Williams