Author Topic: What would cause marshal to stop signalling please?  (Read 3222 times)

antonmorse

What would cause marshal to stop signalling please?
« on: August 09, 2013, 07:48:19 pm »
Hi,
GSX has been running really well. But last couple of days, I approach the gate and the marshal is there to meet me, but is not moving his arms. I know it is something I have done but has anyone any idea how to re-animate him please?

I have been installing FSX and many add-ons since a lay-off of a few months, so I cannot pin-point which one has caused this lax attitude in the ground crew  ;)

Before I start uninstalling/reinstalling, thought I would ask if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction.

Many thanks
Keith

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: What would cause marshal to stop signalling please?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 08:49:13 pm »
The first thing to check is to be sure the "Advanced Animations" flag is checked. And, be sure you don't try to look at the marshaller from far away, because FSX as a built-in optimization that turns off all animations after a certain viewing distance.

antonmorse

Re: What would cause marshal to stop signalling please?
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 08:54:11 pm »
Thank you for the swift response, you have fixed it immediately.

I had been optimizing my graphics and had turned off advanced animations, so you were spot on, thank you, it could have taken me a long time to realize that.

I really appreciate your help, now to Las Vegas, where I expect he will be back in action, and his contract safe for another year ! :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 09:00:13 pm by antonmorse »