Author Topic: vLSO bugs and complaints  (Read 25274 times)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
vLSO bugs and complaints
« on: July 04, 2013, 04:52:06 am »
Guys,
I opened this separate thread to gather bugreports and complaints relating to vLSO. If you or your friends have problems of any kind with this program, feel free to report. Please, be brief, concise and specific. I'd suggest this template form to fill:

• Operating system (WinXP 32, Win7 32 Home, Win7 64 Pro etc.)
  • Addons installed/used
  • What exactly doesn't work (no sounds, no logbook records etc.)

Thanks!
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Johan

Re: vLSO bugs and complaints
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 05:16:41 pm »
Hi Paddles,

Not a complaint - I am trying your Fentress NALF, got the scenery installed and everything. Is there a TCN value to program for runway 23 or 05? Or do you have to input the ILS (in which case what are the values?)?
Thanks for this new development.
Happy 4th!

Johan
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 11:12:25 pm by Johan »

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 06:59:19 am »
Johan,
AFAIK, there's no working Tacan at Fentress, though a Tacan cabin with antenna is present in real, so I've added one just for authenticity sake. If you have any info on what Tacan channel they use at Fentress, I'll add that channel to my scenery. If I get it right, naval aviators use Tacans only for navigation to FCLP fileds, not for actual landing. That's because there's no ILS at my FCLP fileds.  :)

Johan

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 02:26:54 am »
Johan,
AFAIK, there's no working Tacan at Fentress, though a Tacan cabin with antenna is present in real, so I've added one just for authenticity sake. If you have any info on what Tacan channel they use at Fentress, I'll add that channel to my scenery. If I get it right, naval aviators use Tacans only for navigation to FCLP fileds, not for actual landing. That's because there's no ILS at my FCLP fileds.  :)

Thanks Paddles, no, I have no knowledge of Tacan channel used at Fentress, but since you have one at NOLF Coupeville (TCN 72), I was wondering if this could be added to your Fentress scenery, just to guide the pilot. Also, the IFLOLS gauge is not working for me, I suppose it's normal, but not sure, just inquiring.
Thanks Serge, you have added a great dimension to my FSX experience.

Johan

pyroperson87

• To those who love aviation, the sky is home.
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 04:25:28 am »
AFAIK there isn't a TACAN at Fentress.  Oceana TACAN is 116.60 which I believe is the closest navaid.  Norfolk INTL also has a VORTAC at 116.90.
Pops

Johan

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 03:39:27 am »
Hi Paddles,

Still testing your new development, tonight is KNFJ scenery.
Attached are a few pictures, and there seems to be an elevation adjustment issue...I don't have any other KNFJ AFCAD files that are competing with yours, unless it is the one embedded in FSX....?
Please let me know,
Thank you,

Johan

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 01:45:47 pm »
Yes, that's my fault, I'm sorry. Please visit my blog and re-download the scenery.

Johan

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 03:18:15 am »
Thanks, it works very well now.

Johan

upilote

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 03:02:38 pm »
Hi Paddles,
It looks like vLSO faces collateral damage from VRS TacPack 1.4 release (at least on my box) :
- text/voice notifications of approach and final bearing are sent very far away from CVN airspace (more than 190NM)
- text/voice notifications of approach and final bearing are sent very frequently (up to 10 times per minute)

My thanks,

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 03:28:13 pm »
upilote,
Here's a TacPack developer's answer:

I'm not sure what would be causing this user's issue, but I'm fairly certain it's not the recent TacPack update as no fundamental changes to the way carriers are handled was made.  Feel free to send the user to our forums for support, but the simple check would be to have them disable the TacPack via the TPM and see if the behavior they're reporting remains.  My guess is that it will.

So first disable the TacPack and see what happens.

upilote

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 01:36:31 am »
Thank you for your answer/info.
Without TacPack, situation returns to normal.
So I created a topic on VRS TacPack Support Forum.

upilote

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 10:54:58 am »
Feedback from VRS topic :
"Well, I think I pointed it out.
I was proceeding step by step to send you more details and I realized that the problem is due to AS12 changing meteorological parameters very often. I changed AS12 settings 20 days ago to fly well synchronized MP session and it refreshes FSX weather much more frequently. I guess I'll have to revert to my previous settings (or smoother ones) for carrier based operations.
Thank you for your time.

"
So we can leave with this one ...
 ;)

upilote

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 06:53:27 pm »
FYI, I downgraded vLSO to 0710 and the behaviour is much better even w/ AS12 DWC.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 04:18:01 am »
Believe it or not, but all 0.7.* versions are the same in regard to how the program acquires current weather conditions and the coordinates of a carrier.  :)

upilote

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 03:02:08 pm »
Okay, I got that.
It looks like it's just a matter of AS12 DWC then.
There must be too many frequent changes in the area where I fly.
AS12 might have difficulties to compute accurate weather oversea (far from a station).