Author Topic: JFK Version 2 released  (Read 41098 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK Version 2 released
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 06:50:27 pm »
I presume the new textures are 4096? Will there be an installation option for 2048 as a compromise as there was with CYVR? That's the option that made CYVR usable for me.

You can use the HD texture setting in the Addon Manager, and put it to 2048, so all the 4096x4096 textures at JFK will load at 2048. At CYVR, it made sense to make a specific install option, because we had the entire scenery made with 4096x4096, so the 1.1 installer gave the option to choose precisely what to compromise, because we had the 3 main things ( buildings, ground and dynamic shadows ) that could be configured separately.

At JFK, we don't have dynamic shadows, the buildings are already at 1024, and the ground can be lowered to 2048 or 1024 by using the Addon Manager setting, so there's no need for such fancy installer options.

AaronMyers

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 08:05:57 pm »
Ok, makes sense. Thanks for the response.

jjaffy

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2013, 06:22:50 pm »
At JFK, we don't have dynamic shadows, the buildings are already at 1024, and the ground can be lowered to 2048 or 1024 by using the Addon Manager setting, so there's no need for such fancy installer options.

Quick question regarding this (I'm sorry if its been answered before but I did not see it anywhere). When you say "lowered to 2048 or 1024 by using the Addon Manger setting" does that affect all textures in the Sim (Texture max load I believe) or just the JFK textures. Also, does changing this from the Addon Manager require a FSX restart?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2013, 09:10:58 pm »
When you say "lowered to 2048 or 1024 by using the Addon Manger setting" does that affect all textures in the Sim (Texture max load I believe) or just the JFK textures.

It affects all textures in the sim that are larger than that setting. Yes, it IS the texture max load, just easier to edit comparing to edit the FSX.CFG

Also, does changing this from the Addon Manager require a FSX restart?

That's the main advantage compared to editing the FSX.CFG: if you do it from the Addon Manager, it doesn't require a restart.

jjaffy

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 09:09:26 pm »
When you say "lowered to 2048 or 1024 by using the Addon Manger setting" does that affect all textures in the Sim (Texture max load I believe) or just the JFK textures.

It affects all textures in the sim that are larger than that setting. Yes, it IS the texture max load, just easier to edit comparing to edit the FSX.CFG

Also, does changing this from the Addon Manager require a FSX restart?

That's the main advantage compared to editing the FSX.CFG: if you do it from the Addon Manager, it doesn't require a restart.

Thank you sir!

Domino

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 05:18:47 pm »
Looking forward to download  :D just one question is Terminal 3  in the new scenery? i wouldnt like if it were gone  :( :(

theshack440

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 12:56:26 am »
Looking forward to download  :D just one question is Terminal 3  in the new scenery? i wouldnt like if it were gone  :( :(

Yep! It's still there, no worries   :)
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

Silverbird

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2013, 09:33:53 pm »
Haven't had a chance to thank Umberto and all the fsdt team members for releasing JFK V2 and giving us in amazing discount on top of it extremely generous of fsdt thanks for the hardwork. :)
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

B777ER

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2013, 02:37:22 pm »
How much longer until we see the patch?
Eric

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2013, 03:00:09 pm »
How much longer until we see the patch?
Wait until yesterday. You'll see it then. :D
Captain Kevin

janamparikh

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2023, 11:43:51 am »
I have installed and activated KJFK V2 but whenever I spawn there, it says the Trial period has just started. Also, it blurries out the texture in sometime. Can someone help me to fix this?