Author Topic: GSX Animations  (Read 2908 times)

mike81

GSX Animations
« on: January 30, 2013, 02:58:22 pm »
Hi,

I have recently run into a problem with GSX. When I pushback with the help of the tug the ground guy walking with the plane his legs dont move. He floats over the FSX ground surface.
Its hard to explain but the same with the catering service. There is no one walking in and out of the catering service. You see the catering Karts but not the people.

Reinstall?

Mike.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Animations
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 03:18:11 pm »
The fixed legs problem has been discussed several times on the forum, and it's a result of an FSX optimization that turns off all animations after a certain distance, so it can be usually fixed by going closer to the airplane.

Disappearing people are usually a problem with video card settings or FSX settings.

Try to reset your video drivers to default and, if that doesn't work, reset your FSX.CFG to default settings by removing (or moving to a different folder) the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX.CFG file and be sure you apply at least the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 Tweak in the Addon Manager.

B777ER

Re: GSX Animations
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 05:10:08 pm »
I had this as well. I fixed mine but I did a multi prong attack at FSX to fix some issues (this GSX issue and BEX CTD's) so not sure what step fixed it but I get the legs moving every time now. What I did is below:

1. Go to Start / All Programs / Accessories / Command prompt and right click on command prompt and click run as Administrator. Once open, type sfc /scannow and enter and let it run. It will scan and try to fix some of your system files. If errors are found Windows will fix the files for you

2. Delete the 5 shaders folders in you Shader folder (but not the main shader folder itself) and next time you run FSX it will rebuild it. I was reading that these over time get cluttered up and need to kind of be refreshed so to speak.

3. Verified all my .net files were up to date. I had to repair one of them.
Eric