Author Topic: Couatl err  (Read 14321 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl err
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 11:41:18 am »
yes I do have in simobjects FSDT files.

That's not what I've said, you should check if you have some folders named FSDT_xxxx_USER in the Simobjects\Misc. This will indicate if you have installed the Paintkit in the past.

So I downloaded Painkit ( size file 904 760)

As I've said in previous message:

If you have some FSDT objects with the name USER under the FSX\Simobjects\Misc files, it means you installed the Paintkit in the past, it should be fixed by removing all these folders.

- uninstalled gsx completelly
- deleted files virtualli

There are no "virtuali" files that you had to delete, I said to delete the FSDT objects with the name USER under the FSX\Simobjects\Misc

- installed paintkit

Haven't said anything about reinstalling the Paintkit, and if you don't *remove* its folders, it won't change anything, if there were modified. If you haven't made your own custom liveries, there's no need to reinstall the Paintkit again.

- installed latest gsx ( no error during installation)
- tried....error that i have to install lates standalone Add on manager

It's not possible that, as soon the current GSX installer is installed, you would get a message (and surely NOT an "error") to install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager, because it's ALREADY included with the full GSX installer and even if it wasn't, it's downloaded when the installer runs.

- installed addon manager

No need to. If you were prompted to do this, I'm afraid you are STILL not using the CURRENT GSX full installer. Perhaps your browser is playing tricks with you, and it's caching the download, so you are re-downloading an old version you already downloaded before. Try to CLEAR your browser cache, and try again to download the FULL CURRENT GSX INSTALLER.

Roman

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 01:52:18 pm »
Umberto,

- so i uninstalled gsx and even all product from you (LAX,JFK,CHI,ZRH)
- i deleted all GSX installers which have been downloaded
- i used regedit to delete all files gsx.....
- i uninstalled all add ons which I installed in the last 14 days
- I downloaded fresh version of GSX (ver 1.7.7. - size 56,9 MB (59 724 168) on computer which I never downloaded this before
- installed GSX, tryied and always the same result...error mesage to download a new standalone manager
- addon manager is version 2.9.0.6
- one more thing in addon manager...all airports which I bought from you they have status...installed and active, however GSX has only active.
I don´t understand it when it was working for almost one year with no troules.

Do you heve any simmilar cases ???

TKS
Roman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 02:06:09 pm »
- installed GSX, tryied and always the same result...error mesage to download a new standalone manager

As I've said, it's not possible you would see this message with the new GSX installer just installer. But that's not the problem, installing the newest Addon Manager, even if not needed, will not obviously cause a problem.

- one more thing in addon manager...all airports which I bought from you they have status...installed and active, however GSX has only active.

That's normal and logical: the "installed" means in the *Scenery Library*. GSX is not a scenery, so the "installed on the Scenery Library" check is not made, and will only report as "Active" or "In Trial"

However, this is not the problem. Even if GSX was in Trial, as explained plenty of times, it will work in full just at the Trial airports and FSDT airports. Activation is *never* a problem and doesn't have anything to do with your problem.

Your problem is that GSX can't find a suitable Baggage Tractor vehicle for your airplane. Which means:

- The vehicle is not there. Which can only happen if you haven't installed the most updated files

- The vehicle is there, but it's not suitable. In case of the Baggage Tractor, it's basically impossible it wouldn't find one, because this vehicle doesn't have any constrains like the stairs or the loaders (that has to match the door's heights), the only constrain would be over the ICAO code, but even if it could find any operator, a generic vehicle should always appear.

Do you heve any simmilar cases ???

Surely not.

Roman

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 02:18:28 pm »
ok,
i have red now some topic where the sulution is to use files from addon mannager 2.9.0.4. Whats about that? Do you have them ?
Because I dont know the solution, only to forget the GSX...???? I don´t know what to do more???

R

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 02:28:21 pm »
i have red now some topic where the sulution is to use files from addon mannager 2.9.0.4. Whats about that? Do you have them ?

You still don't understand what your problem is.

It seems you think it has something to do with "activation" somehow, or a problem with the software not running correctly, when I've clearly said your problem is entirely different.

The other posts about using an older version of the Addon Mananager didn't had *anything* to do with this, and it was the Addon Manager crashing, because the user (after launching another product installation even non flight-sim related) had an issue with the VC++ runtimes libraries.

Your problem doesn't have anything to do with this. Everything is running, but it can't find the Baggage Tractor. And, as I've said, the Baggage Tractor is one of the few vehicles that should ALWAYS appear, because it's not affected by mistakes in your airplane config (like misplaced doors) or other issues like wrong takeoff weight, wrong number of passengers, etc.

The prompt to reinstall the Addon Manager when you shouldn't have to, it's strange, because it might also due to a permission problem in your %APPDATA% folder, since the installer writes there the information that will tell to the Live Updater program when was the last time you updated the Addon Manager.

Try to remove the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and RECREATE manually.

Note that this will remove all your customizations, including airplane and airport customization. So, before removing it, you might want to SAVE the "GSX" and "Airplanes" folder that might be there into a different place.

Roman

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 02:56:57 pm »
ok,

umberto i am not a computer and software expert, i am just simmer who looks for the best reality...and like an easy installations ( which gsx was the case from the begining untill some actualization in December...

What means recreate manually? and what is the airplane and airport customatization ?( it is done by myself or addons software...???)

Note that this will remove all your customizations, including airplane and airport customization..............what kind of customization?

TKS
R

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 03:45:10 pm »
What means recreate manually?

When FSX is NOT running, Delete the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder with Windows explorer, then re-create it, then launch FSX

and what is the airplane and airport customatization ?( it is done by myself or addons software...???)

If you don't know what they are, I guess you never did any.

In any case, if you did some customization, you should have a "GSX" folder (if you did scenery customization) and/or a "Airplanes" folder (if you did airplane customization). If you don't have such folders inside the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, then you can just remove it without worrying about backup the customizations.

Roman

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 01:12:07 pm »
Hello Umberto,

nothing, nothing and nothing works

What do you suggest now?

Roman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 05:44:42 pm »
nothing, nothing and nothing works

Since nobody else has this problem, I'd say there's something very wrong with your Windows (or FSX) installation. Whether you want to reinstall Windows (or FSX) or not now, is not really an issue, you'll eventually find other problems with other products that you'll surely have to do it anyway.

Roman

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2013, 09:01:50 am »
Umberto,

I don´have problem with anything else. This PC I use purely and only for FSX as well and another pc in the nwtwork connection.

I don´t understand why this application cannot find the tractor...that something what you should be able to diagnose, or what can be in conflict...??? Especially when it worked for almost one year.
I am not really hot to reinstall everything, because it took me months to tune it.....

Appreciatte you futher progres.....when I am thinging back, I remember that whan I start FSX, GSX asked me to update something and is not necessary to quit FSX. I did not react on that, but after I dont kno how many reminds I install it....But I am not sure that my problems started immediatelly after this update....

Roman 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2013, 09:53:24 am »
I don´t understand why this application cannot find the tractor...that something what you should be able to diagnose, or what can be in conflict...??? Especially when it worked for almost one year.
I am not really hot to reinstall everything, because it took me months to tune it.....

It's not possible it couldn't find the tractor after a full install using the latest installer.

I remember that whan I start FSX, GSX asked me to update something and is not necessary to quit FSX. I did not react on that, but after I dont kno how many reminds I install it....But I am not sure that my problems started immediatelly after this update....

From your description of the problem, it seems that you always get an update notification, even when the latest installer is installer, and this shouldn't happen either, as if GSX couldn't update its file that tell when you did the last update.

THAT'S why I've said that maybe there's something wrong with your Windows install, or possibly your user account or registry.

Try this: create a new user in Windows, log in with the new user, and install GSX there.

Roman

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2013, 10:42:23 am »
I have total, no antivir , etc....as i said many months of tuning. I have administrator access...

I am more and more convinced that this happened after some update...add onn manager or couatl.

I deleted unfortunatelly all previous version of GSX, when you said that there can be some interference during install process

Could you send me some previous version or (s) with some older add onn manager?

Everything else WORKING on 100%, no problem with windows updates or whatever.

Roman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2013, 10:57:19 am »
As I've said, it's not possible that, whatever problem might have been happened during an update, it couldn't be fixed with an uninstall/reinstall of the current version of the full installer.

You are missing the issue: if you are still getting the update notification from the Addon Manager to update, even if you just installed the *current* FULL GSX installer, this might be an INDICATION of the problem, which seems to be in your user account and that MIGHT be related to the problem of not finding the vehicle.

Which is why I've said to try with a new user account.

Roman

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2013, 11:24:49 am »
No news unfortunattely, than -i have to wait to the nexr uprade or compete  reinstall.. Quetrion is if it is worth of monay...