Author Topic: CYVR and building issues  (Read 4253 times)

mleuck

CYVR and building issues
« on: January 23, 2013, 07:04:43 pm »
Like others, after installing CYVR 1.1 and departing from CYVR, I find no buildings at my arrival airport (KLAS). Also after installing CYVR 1.1, GSX is completely gone from the system.

Is there a fix for this?

Any help will be appreciated.

Michael

mleuck

Re: CYVR and building issues
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 08:03:46 pm »
I have reinstalled all my FSDT sceneries, installing GSX last. Everything is up to date and all the building have returned. Hopefully, this solved the issue. I will do a flight and report the outcome.

Michael

mleuck

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 11:15:30 pm »
OK, Just completed my flight KLAS -CYVR. When I requested GSX at LAS, I recieved a message I needed to update the addon manager. I do not understand why as all the FSDT items were freshly installed. Anyway, I landed at CYVR and found all was fine. All buildings were visible.

So, I have to believe the reinstall process solved my issue.  But, what about the addon namager issue?

Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 01:31:57 am »
So, I have to believe the reinstall process solved my issue.  But, what about the addon namager issue?

There's no "issue", if you got that message, it means you have to update the Addon Manager (that's a GSX major update notification), but that doesn't necessarily mean something wouldn't work if you don't update it, just that you don't have the very latest version of it.

Or, more precisely, you surely have the very latest version of the crucial files that must be updated otherwise something won't work, because they are being downloaded by the installers, but you are still missing some additional files that are only available in the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer.

As the message says, download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 01:34:15 am by virtuali »

mleuck

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 03:11:12 am »
Updated the SA addon manager.