Author Topic: Help needed  (Read 4158 times)

pete_auau

Help needed
« on: January 22, 2013, 12:58:13 pm »
Hi  in the  next  few  weeks  going  to do  a complete  re install  of  my  win  o/s  system   since  having all sorts of troubles.  Anyway  my problem now  is  that i  un-installed  the cyvr  since i wanted  to install the original  version   so  went ahead  and  un installed  it  said yes  to the first question and  no the the other 2 questions  being you want to remove the addon manager  etc.  Installed the orginal  and  went  to the airport  and found  all the ground texture  were  black.   Went to another  airport   and  all is  ok except  now i dont have  gsx  any more  on  any airports  at all  in fsx  it come s up saying this is not  a valid  afcad  and  no service is available..  Any ideas  for  a quick  fix  in the mean time sinc e wondering  what i had  done.
I uninstalled  cyvr  and left   cyvr  fsx   there  and  the texture  were normal   again  but no   gsx  at all   so doing the un install   and  re install  has  corrupt  fsx  some  how

I  just noticed  now  after the   un install  there are left over  folders   of  cyvr   do i need   to remove  these manually  afte r the  un install?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 01:26:48 pm by pete_auau »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Help needed
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 02:10:36 pm »
said yes  to the first question and  no the the other 2 questions  being you want to remove the addon manager  etc.

When you replied YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" and "Do you want to remove the Couatl scripting engine?", the Uninstaller also told you that EVERY other addon requiring them wouldn't work anymore.

Installed the orginal  and  went  to the airport  and found  all the ground texture  were  black

You can't use the 1.0 version anymore, unless you install it without the network connected. There's no reason why you would use the original version, since the 1.1 can be configured to be exactly like the previous one.

Went to another  airport   and  all is  ok except  now i dont have  gsx  any more

That's why the uninstaller, when you replied YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" and "Do you want to remove the Couatl scripting engine?", also told you that EVERY other addon requiring them wouldn't work anymore.

I uninstalled  cyvr  and left   cyvr  fsx   there  and  the texture  were normal   again  but no   gsx  at all   so doing the un install   and  re install  has  corrupt  fsx  some  how

It obviously hasn't. It's you that, by YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" and "Do you want to remove the Couatl scripting engine?", have disabled GSX, which is why the Uninstaller warns you about it.

I  just noticed  now  after the   un install  there are left over  folders   of  cyvr   do i need   to remove  these manually  afte r the  un install?

If you want GSX back, you should simply do the most logical thing, which is obviously *reinstalling* GSX, which will of course restore the Addon Manager and Couatl, you asked the CYVR uninstaller to be removed.

pete_auau

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 03:08:59 am »
Sorry  think i didnt  explain myself  right    when i uninstalled   the  cyvr  and  when it  asked me  you want to remove  the scenery  which i said  yes    and  when   it  ask me  if i wanted  to remove the addon manager  and  the couatl   i said  no.   And  all my other  fsdt   airports  work   only  gsx   doesnt work  any more is the  strange  reason  since  i said  no  to the removal of    addon amanger  and the  couatl

I re installed the latest  version of  cvyr  eveything is  back to normal there  than  re installed   gsx   but  still  comes up with the  same  problem   as per  original  post  no afcad   found
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 01:11:29 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 01:15:49 pm »
I re installed the latest  version of  cvyr  eveything is  back to normal there  than  re installed   gsx   but  still  comes up with the  same  problem   as per  original  post  no afcad   found

As I've said, first you should be sure you are using the most current installer for GSX, not an older version you might have.

As explained in other posts, the "no afcad found" problem can be caused by either one of this:

- Wrong permissions on your account which denies GSX write access to its cache. This is supposed to be fixed automatically by the latest GSX and CYVR installers, which fix wrong permissions automatically. It can also be fixed by removing the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

then creating it again manually, this will ensure you as a regular user have permissions to write there.

- A corrupted AFCAD somewhere in your system. This can be found by disabling all your scenery areas in the Scenery Library, have GSX recreate its cache, then enabling them one at a time, until you find where's the offending file.

pete_auau

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 01:26:40 pm »
Thx  for your help   yea problem solved  by  recreating the new  couati  folder  now  back to noraml again hopefully  :)