Author Topic: FSDT Vancouver released!  (Read 44887 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Vancouver released!
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 12:42:17 pm »
How do you get the discount?  When I get to checkout the price remains unchanged at 39 USD.

Is explained on the "FSDT Promotions" section of the forum:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7836.0

brucewtb

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2013, 03:07:13 am »
So only for GSX customers.  Pity about that, guess this can now be put on the backburner. 

Bruceb

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2013, 10:21:52 am »
So only for GSX customers.  Pity about that, guess this can now be put on the backburner. 

"Everybody" has GSX...using FSX without it it's unconceivable...:)

However, how many other developers gives discounts on a product just launched, for *existing* customers ? It's not that CYVR is an upgrade of anything else, we shouldn't supposed to offer any discount to begin with.

rickcyvr

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2013, 04:46:28 am »
I neglected to use the discount. Never saw the offer. No worries though, YVR is wort full price in my oppinion! ;D

brucewtb

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 07:15:11 am »
[quote
However, how many other developers gives discounts on a product just launched, for *existing* customers ? It's not that CYVR is an upgrade of anything else, we shouldn't supposed to offer any discount to begin with.
[/quote]

A fair point it just that in the initial buzz people on other forums referred to there being a 20% discount without adding the caveat that you had to have GSX.  To get GSX now and then CYVR at 20% off would set me back over 70 USD - a bit much at the moment especially as GSX is not a particular priority.  Will probably wait and see how CYVR performs with the PMDG 777 when it is released.

Bruceb

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 01:09:29 pm »
A fair point it just that in the initial buzz people on other forums referred to there being a 20% discount without adding the caveat that you had to have GSX.

Our launch promotion message, which was sent to all forum users (more than 8500), was very clear about being reserved to existing GSX customers, we can't be responsible if other forums reports missing informations about it.

And BTW, the whole point of making an offer for existing users, would require to have purchase "something". We chose GSX, because it's our best selling product, in order to allow the largest numer of users to get advantage of the offer.

brucewtb

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2013, 05:58:59 am »
And BTW, the whole point of making an offer for existing users, would require to have purchase "something". We chose GSX, because it's our best selling product, in order to allow the largest numer of users to get advantage of the offer.

In that case why not any of your products? I have most of them just not GSX.

Bruce

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2013, 10:55:00 pm »
In that case why not any of your products? I have most of them just not GSX

That's simple, because we want to promote GSX at the same time. As I've said, it's not that discounting CYVR at launch should be a given. Most of companies discount older products.

Besides, since you said you own many of our products already, and GSX it's FREE (entirely free) to use there, there's no reason not to install it, so I'm sure you'll end up purchasing it anyway (to use it everywhere) after trying it.

macca22au

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2019, 02:35:26 pm »
I have CYVR installed into P3D4.5.  I had to register the product three times before the P3D activation window came up.  And when I switch view or move gate, I often get a jetways only view with no buildings.  Quite deflating. And this has then required me to re-register all over again.  Am I holding my mouth wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2019, 02:45:44 pm »
Do you have the latest GSX installed ? CYVR requires it (it's free here).

If yes, do you have the GSX menu under the "Addons" menu of the sim ? If no,  the thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread lists all the known solutions for missing menu entries from the "Addons" menu:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656