Author Topic: Aircraft configuration?  (Read 17397 times)

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
Aircraft configuration?
« on: January 03, 2013, 09:12:55 pm »
Hello and Happy 2013!

I am a biggest fan of FSX! I especially love Fsdreamteam! Best products ever!

Only there's a slight problem and I spent many hours in trying to find forum about aircraft configuration and park at the gate.

1) I saw their demo that there are 2 cargo services but why am I only have one cargo? Am I missing something? Attached of a photo of a 757 with one cargo in service and is a little further outside its door. Is there any way I can configure it?

2) When parking at the gate, I use "Locked spot" outside to follow yellow strip precious but why do I always get bad parking from marshaller? Does it have anything to do with view settings? I un-installed GSX and re-installed but to no avail.

Hope you can be of assisting me on that?

Respectfully,

Darrell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aircraft configuration?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 09:54:43 pm »
1) I saw their demo that there are 2 cargo services but why am I only have one cargo? Am I missing something? Attached of a photo of a 757 with one cargo in service and is a little further outside its door. Is there any way I can configure it?

If the airplane is not one of the internally supported ones, you need to create a configuration file for it, using the GSX aircraft configuration editor, place doors correctly and assign their variables.

2) When parking at the gate, I use "Locked spot" outside to follow yellow strip precious but why do I always get bad parking from marshaller? Does it have anything to do with view settings? I un-installed GSX and re-installed but to no avail.

The view shouldn't make any difference, you just have to park better.

And, GSX doesn't know anything about the scenery yellow lines, unless the scenery is pure AFCAD (with markings made using default graphics). If the scenery has custom markings, is not certain the AFCAD matches the markings, it depends how accurate the scenery developer was so, you believe you are doing right by following the lines, but if the apron path in the AFCAD is not accurate to the scenery, GSX will give you a bad score, because the AFCAD is the only thing it can see.

villaloha

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 10:20:27 pm »
Dear Virtuali.

I vastly thank you for a quick response. You're the best!

Understood about the parking thing. Boy I gotta practice more!  ;D

About the cargo thing, my understanding is should I copy all info from aircraft.cfg and paste onto gsx.cfg in order to have all services precious?

Many thanks again!  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 01:17:49 am »
About the cargo thing, my understanding is should I copy all info from aircraft.cfg and paste onto gsx.cfg in order to have all services precious?

Not at all. GSX ALREADY uses whatever information is available in the aircraft.cfg, in case there's no GSX.CFG for an unknown airplane, but that's not nearly precise enough for its use, while it's better than nothing.

As I've said, you need to use the GSX Aircraft configuration editor, which is included in GSX and it's entirely graphical, no text file to edit, just position your doors visually inside FSX. Reading the manual is strongly suggested, because everything it's explained there, of course...

villaloha

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 09:43:21 pm »
Good day Virtuali.

I read GSX's manual carefully (please understand that English is not my nature language). I found aircraft's editor inside FS game. I checked 757's aircraft configuration, it looks like this:

[exits]
number_of_exits = 3
exit.0 = 0.1 , 30.000 , -3.500 , 3.600 , 0 //openclose rate
percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical
positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo
2=Emergency)
exit.1 = 0.1 , -28.000 , 4.500 , -2.000 , 1 //openclose
rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical
positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo
2=Emergency)

I can't find where I can copy and paste numbers for the second cargo. I am so frustrated. Hope you can be of helping me on this?

I cherish GSX deeply!

8)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 09:53:46 pm »
I read GSX's manual carefully (please understand that English is not my nature language). I found aircraft's editor inside FS game. I checked 757's aircraft configuration, it looks like this:

You are using a VERY old version of GSX, that one without a graphic editor! Install the latest version, which doesn't require ANY manual editing, you simply place doors graphically. Of course, it comes with an updated manual too...

villaloha

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 10:02:14 pm »
Where can I find to update it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 10:07:26 pm »
GSX has an automatic update feature, you should see a notification about it. However, since your version seems to be very old, I suggest downloading the full installer now and install that one.

All our downloads are on the "Products" page.

villaloha

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 01:22:29 am »
Hola! Did update and am getting there except stairs. I even set arrow perfectly for door #2 but the stairs won't come any near the door. I tired adjust the arrow but to no avail. I re-read manual a numerous of times, seems I am missing something??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 01:38:33 am »
You should set ALL doors correctly and, if a door doesn't exist, exclude it from GSX editor, so you are sure the only doors appearing are the one you have edited.

And, try to reload the airplane after editing it.

villaloha

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 03:32:14 am »
WOW! Mission ALMOST accomplished only the CRJ-700, I couldn't get both cargo from right side to left side, isn't there any way I can modify baggage shaft to left side?

:-\

villaloha

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 04:09:52 am »
And sorry if I'm bugging you but is there any way I can change from cargo to regular baggage for B757? I want that baggage (see picture attached)

THANKS so much!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 11:54:01 am »
WOW! Mission ALMOST accomplished only the CRJ-700, I couldn't get both cargo from right side to left side, isn't there any way I can modify baggage shaft to left side?

As explained many times already on the forum, GSX doesn't currently support loading cargo from the left side, it will eventually appear in a future update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 11:56:13 am »
And sorry if I'm bugging you but is there any way I can change from cargo to regular baggage for B757? I want that baggage (see picture attached)

I don't know what you did wrong but, the 757 is precisely the kind of airplane that will NOT show cargo ULD, but baggage, since the real airplane too doesn't support cargo pallets in its passengers version.

Of course, the GSX manual clearly explains this too, and tell how to choose between cargo and baggage loaders for any given plane.

villaloha

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 05:17:35 am »
Hi! Found how to set preference for baggage loader.  Click addon then click airport manage. Click belt conveyer. Ta-da!

Anyway, recently I purchased KDFW, soooo beautiful but am encountering a small problem: at any time if I flew out of DFW to default destination, all of their jetways vanished.

I then tested by flying from Denver to Abilene, their jetways were there fine.

What's wrong? Something with autogen?

Hope you can help?

Gracias.