Products Support > GSX Support FSX/P3D

GSX not showing up in addons

<< < (6/6)

ByteG:

--- Quote from: virtuali on December 31, 2012, 03:25:12 pm ---
It's still the same problem, you have a problem with your VC++ libraries. This can be very difficult to fix, and I can only confirm there are no difference whatsoever between the previous bglmanx.dll and the current one, with regard to the VC++ library version (and of course the Simconnect version).

You can use the old version but, it's very likely starting from our next products, nothing will work with it, so the problem of your system should be fixed. Since it seems to be entirely random, it's possible the next version of the bglmanx.dll might even work.

--- End quote ---

Hi Viruali,

I've been waiting for the new release of Addon Manager (2.9.0.6) to see if it would make any difference. Unfortunatelly for me, it doesn't.
If I just copy all BGLMAN*.* files to my FSX folder from version 2.9.0.4 it works as it should.

I have also found a program called Dependency walker. Some people say it doesn't work as it should anymore but I've checked both versions of bglmanx.dll for any differences.
But no luck there.

I guess I will have to stick with the working version for now.

But I have a request for you, if possible.
I assume that you have installed many updates (Microsoft or non-microsoft) and probably some new applications since version .4 in your development environment.
I hope that you still have the code of version .4 (or earlier).
If I is not too much trouble, can you rebuild bglmanx.dll version .4 but with the latest microsoft updates just to see if it still loads correctly?

Also, is there a posiblity to load bglmanx.dll independently of FSX just to check if load would fail and why.

Thank you.

ByteG:

--- Quote from: ByteG on January 13, 2013, 12:15:01 pm ---
--- Quote from: virtuali on December 31, 2012, 03:25:12 pm ---
It's still the same problem, you have a problem with your VC++ libraries. This can be very difficult to fix, and I can only confirm there are no difference whatsoever between the previous bglmanx.dll and the current one, with regard to the VC++ library version (and of course the Simconnect version).

You can use the old version but, it's very likely starting from our next products, nothing will work with it, so the problem of your system should be fixed. Since it seems to be entirely random, it's possible the next version of the bglmanx.dll might even work.

--- End quote ---

Hi Viruali,

I've been waiting for the new release of Addon Manager (2.9.0.6) to see if it would make any difference. Unfortunatelly for me, it doesn't.
If I just copy all BGLMAN*.* files to my FSX folder from version 2.9.0.4 it works as it should.

I have also found a program called Dependency walker. Some people say it doesn't work as it should anymore but I've checked both versions of bglmanx.dll for any differences.
But no luck there.

I guess I will have to stick with the working version for now.

But I have a request for you, if possible.
I assume that you have installed many updates (Microsoft or non-microsoft) and probably some new applications since version .4 in your development environment.
I hope that you still have the code of version .4 (or earlier).
If I is not too much trouble, can you rebuild bglmanx.dll version .4 but with the latest microsoft updates just to see if it still loads correctly?

Also, is there a posiblity to load bglmanx.dll independently of FSX just to check if load would fail and why.

Thank you.

--- End quote ---

Hi Virtuali,

it saddens me that you were not able to reply to my last post in almost 2 weeks.

Since then I have taken extreme measures trying to fix that. By that I mean that I have reinstalled everything starting from Windows 7 64x ( with formatting c drive) - only due to bglmanx.dll error.

Currently I have installed:
- Windows 7 64 + office 2010
- TrackIR software
- Saitek drivers
- FSX + Acceleration
- FSX SDK (all 3 packages)
- GSX + latest addon manager
- FSUIPC + Linda
- Accufeel
- FSRecorder
- Some 3rd party aircrafts (iFly 737, Citation Mustang, Carenado mooney)
- and of course all x64 and x86 VC++ 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 libraries

The result is the same. bglmanx.dll fails to load due to missing dependencies.

I understand that I could have messed something up with the last installation.
But if bglmanx.dll 2.9.0.6 fails to load on clear Win7/FSX installation and there was never an issue with version 2.9.0.4 there must be something that you have changed since than which conflicts with my configuration.

So, I would really appreciate your help here.

Thank you.

virtuali:

--- Quote from: ByteG on January 26, 2013, 10:33:16 pm ---The result is the same. bglmanx.dll fails to load due to missing dependencies.
--- End quote ---

That's not much to be said, than haven't been already said. bglmanx.dll requires only TWO external dependencies:

- Simconnect, which comes with FSX and is updated with SP1, then SP2. We require the version that comes with SP2 (or Acceleration)

- The VC++ 2005 runtimes SP1 redistributables. These are installed by countless of Windows products, are of course installed by any of our installer.

So, under normal conditions, it's not possible to "forget" something, because Simconnect is installed automatically by FSX, and the VC++ 2005 runtimes are installed by FSX itself and by our installers too.

Problems happens when something goes *wrong*. Since it's unlikely that Simconnect went corrupted, both because it's used by FSX only and is not freely redistributable, so it has less chances to be corrupted by another product (opposite by the VC++ runtimes, that can be installed and/or upgraded by everything), and if Simconnect was broken a lot of other FSX addons wouldn't work, the most likely problem is the VC++ runtime.

This might be simply corrupted/missing, but might even not work, just because there's another FSX addon that is causing a conflict and for some reason the Side-by-side system (that allows more than a single version of the library to run at the same time) might not work.

Unfortunately, troubleshooting this sometimes can be more complex that reinstalling Windows from scratch.

The possible solution has been already discussed several times:

- Remove EVERY VC++ runtime in your system.

- REPAIR the FSX SP2 install. This will reinstall only the version that FSX needs

- Download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, which will reinstall only the version IT needs.

sondac331:
Plz i have followed all your steps and gsx didnt work gsx was working with me at the old version when you download the new it didnt work the old version was working fine plz tell me how i can fix it i can see add ons at top but cant see coutl addon manger / addon manger i dont have antivirus i tryed to fix it while firewall OFF and got nothing plz help me i want to conti. using it

virtuali:
Don't post twice, and try to write in a more understandable manner. This thread here indicates all known causes for the missing menus:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,8428.msg68872.html#msg68872

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version