Author Topic: Cannot register serial  (Read 5723 times)

Andi

Cannot register serial
« on: October 07, 2012, 01:08:37 pm »
Hi!
I am trying to reinstall the Zurich addon. Wehn I open the Addon Manager and klick "Register Serial" no window appears, wehere I can insert my serial. FSX is not running in full screen mode.
Please help me to register this product, so that I can enjoy the scenery!  :)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Cannot register serial
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 02:49:33 pm »
Unless you're doing a reinstall on a new computer, or you changed the hard drive, it would already be registered from the previous install.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 05:18:53 pm »
Wehn I open the Addon Manager and klick "Register Serial" no window appears, wehere I can insert my serial. FSX is not running in full screen mode.

Check you don't have another program that is stealing the focus from FSX.

Maybe the dialog it's there, but it has been sent beneath the FSX window by another product that has taken the window focus. If it's there, it should be possible to put it back in front, by using the standard Windows CTRL+TAB key combination.

@Bruce
If the product was still registered, the "Register Serial" button would be greyed out and not even clickable.

Andi

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 05:38:50 pm »
Unless you're doing a reinstall on a new computer, or you changed the hard drive, it would already be registered from the previous install.
I reinstalled Win7 new on my computer.

Wehn I open the Addon Manager and klick "Register Serial" no window appears, wehere I can insert my serial. FSX is not running in full screen mode.

Check you don't have another program that is stealing the focus from FSX.

Maybe the dialog it's there, but it has been sent beneath the FSX window by another product that has taken the window focus. If it's there, it should be possible to put it back in front, by using the standard Windows CTRL+TAB key combination.

@Bruce
If the product was still registered, the "Register Serial" button would be greyed out and not even clickable.

No other Program is running and no other window opened. I tryed almost everything but it is still not showing that window.  :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 06:16:00 pm »
No other Program is running and no other window opened. I tryed almost everything but it is still not showing that window.

I can only repeat and confirm that, the only thing that might cause that dialog not to appear, is either you haven't clicked the "Register Serial" button or, another program is stealing the focus and put the dialog on the background.

And of course, you can insert the serial number also using the .REG backup file, which was made automatically in your Home folder (the folder with your name) when you activated the first time.

Andi

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 09:16:25 pm »
Finally it worked!
I did not notice that the "wheelcam" was running. After i closed that one I was able to register my serial.
Thank you very much for your assistance!!!