Author Topic: Trees appearing in taxiways  (Read 6065 times)

ofentress

Trees appearing in taxiways
« on: December 26, 2011, 09:51:53 pm »
Never noticed this in summer weather but since the winter scenery is now activated I've noticed trees appearing in taxiways and de-icing areas. I have applied the latest update for Zurich.
My system is Win7/64 bit etc.
Looked throughout the forum but couldn't find anything specifically dealing with this.

Anyone else had this problem and if so what is a solution.

Jack Fentress

texxasal

• CVW-2.ORG
Re: Trees appearing in taxiways
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 11:17:08 pm »
Please accept my apologies for my ignorance, as I am the newest newbeee around FSDreamTeam but, my own experience has indicated the problem you describe (trees in taxiways, etc.) is most often an AUTOGEN situation. I personally keep the Autogen slider to the extreme left, but then I run a lot of 3rd party scenery which provides it's own stuff.
In the case of sceneries which I have made (really poor efforts when compared to FSDT), I always start with an "Exclude" polygon which removes the autogen items within the confines of my scenery/airport.

Perhaps it could be caused by your Autogen parameter in your display/scenery control screen.

In any case, that's what I've observed. I'm sure others much more experienced will pitch in.

best of luck

ofentress

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 02:11:22 am »
Well, since my scenery is set at extremely dense and autogen at very dense I'm not sure that your suggestions would make any difference in this case. As I had indicated, this was not an issue that appeared when the summer was in effect. It seems (to me) that is is something that appeared when winter was in effect. I could be "off base" in this but I'm not at all sure. Hence, my quest for some help in this matter.

Jack

Paul Deemer

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 03:55:51 am »
Sorry this is 9 months late but I figured out what is causing your problem. If you have FSDT Zurich below UTX Europe Entries then the trees will show up on the Taxiways and Apron. If you put Zurich above UTX then the problem should go away.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 11:31:56 am »
Well, we always said airports should ALWAYS be on top of every larger area scenery, it's a general rule that usually always prevents these issues from happening. That's why all our installers put the airport on the topmost layer.

Once you start moving layers on the Scenery Library, you really need to know what you are doing, and check everything after moving something.