Author Topic: NO Taxiways or rwy markings- Demo version  (Read 6215 times)

rbifly

NO Taxiways or rwy markings- Demo version
« on: February 05, 2012, 06:46:52 pm »
Just loaded KDFW demo...  I have no taxiways or rwy markings...  currently runnung utx,gex,rex,ksfo,ut2...  win7 64... Can I make this work?

i7 920 @ 4GHz 6 GB RAM GTX 480 FSX Acceleration UTX GEX REX UT2 PMDG NGX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: NO Taxiways or rwy markings- Demo version
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 06:47:23 pm »
Try to download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX after the scenery.

rbifly

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 12:43:30 am »
Problem Solved...  Impressive airport...  Thanks
i7 920 @ 4GHz 6 GB RAM GTX 480 FSX Acceleration UTX GEX REX UT2 PMDG NGX

flynryan692

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 10:06:33 am »
Bump. I have this same issue, and I installed the stand alone manager as well. Do I need to do something specific with the stand alone manager to correct the issue?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 10:11:03 am »
Bump. I have this same issue, and I installed the stand alone manager as well. Do I need to do something specific with the stand alone manager to correct the issue?

You only need to install it. If you are still seeing that after installing it, be sure that BOTH the Addon Manager and the Couatl menus are visible, and be sure your antivirus is not blocking update.

flynryan692

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 09:00:54 pm »
Just went and checked, both menus are visible, and I do not run any anti virus other than a manual scan with malwarebytes every so often.

I purchased this last night by downloading and installing the FS9 version and I completed the purchase in FS9 making it active in FS9. Then I installed it to FSX. I'll try reinstall and see if that works.

Edit - Nope that didn't work either.

Edit 2 - Fixed it. I had to download the addon manager again. When I buy a scenery I put the installers and reg backup in a folder in my external HD as a backup. I had the standalone manager there so I installed it and it didn't fix it. So I went and re-downloaded it and walla, it works! Great scenery, worth the money as always. Thanks :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 09:31:57 pm by flynryan692 »

kevchris

Re: NO Taxiways or rwy markings- Full Version
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 03:39:50 am »
Tonight I landed at KDFW and I have no runway or taxiway lighting, and also no runway markings.  I checked this forum and tried re-installing the latest Addon Manager and KDFW again.  Still the same problem.   Any ideas?   I never had this problem in the past but recently did a complete re-install of FSX and now I have this issue.   Yes, I do see both the Addon Manager and Coutl... in the FSX menu.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 10:38:41 am »
I'm sorry but, if you are missing *JUST* the ground textures, but the rest of the scenery (buildings) shows, it can only due to the fact you haven't installed the latest Addon Manager OR you did it, but reinstalled KDFW over it. The Addon Manager should always installed last.

IF, instead, you are also not seeing buildings, than it's an entirely different problem.

kevchris

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 03:01:08 pm »
Will try it again in the order you suggested.  Thanks Umberto.