Author Topic: A few suggestions/wishes for the future of GSX  (Read 6285 times)

WebMaximus

A few suggestions/wishes for the future of GSX
« on: February 04, 2012, 09:42:50 pm »
After using GSX for a couple of flights now I'm overall very pleased with it, however I have a couple of things that would make me even happier if they could be addressed for future development.

- That you won't get the marshaller at gates where you have electronic guidence in place

- That you would have some kind of voice dialog with the ground crew when you arrive at the gate after a flight. When using the NGX for example and since GSX actually can "see" options like chocks etc it would be very nice to have a dialog like "Welcome captain, please set your chocks" (or wouldn't it be amazing if GSX could set the chocks in place for you  ;)) and then "Chocks in place, you can release the parking brake" etc etc...currently it's very quiet when you arrive at the gate

- That you won't get stairs for the left front door when you're parked at a gate with a static jetway or a jetway that is not of the FSX standard type (I realize this might be a tricky one but would really be super if it somehow could be solved)

- That you don't get stairs for the left aft exit when you're at a gate with a jetway that will be used by the PAX for both boarding/deboarding or at least get the chance to decide if you want to use also the aft exit or only the front exit. And if you use the aft exit and the stairs are put in place you should be notified by GSX to open the door...the way it is now you get the stairs but the door remains closed (unless you decide to open it yourself of course)

Well...that's it for now...will probably come to think of other things as I continue to use the product :) At the moment I use both GSX and AES but I (and my wallet ;)) hope GSX will eventually reach a state where I won't feel the need for AES anymore.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 09:47:56 pm by WebMaximus »
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: A few suggestions/wishes for the future of GSX
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 09:51:31 pm »
- That you won't get the marshaller at gates where you have electronic guidence in place

That you won't get stairs for the left front door when you're parked at a gate with a static jetway or a jetway that is not of the FSX standard type (I realize this might be a tricky one but would really be super if it somehow could be solved)

We are working on an update that will allow two ways to fix this:

- A global switch to make Stairs appearing only on request, this might be useful if you want to fly in an airport you *know* it has static jetways, but don't want to spend time to fix it yourself.

- A simple parking editor, were you'll be able to specify, parking by parking, which one have static or non-standard jetways, this will produce a text file, that you could also share with others

About removing the marshaller when there's a Docking system, it's already like this in all our airports, but for every other airport, using the same concept of the jetways, we can add the ability for the user to tell GSX thar parking already has a docking system, so it won't call a Marhsaller.

And, similarly, that a parking is so close to the terminal, that a bus will not required, even if it's in the open.

- That you would have some kind of voice dialog with the ground crew when you arrive at the gate after a flight. When using the NGX for example and since GSX actually can "see" options like chocks etc it would be very nice to have a dialog like "Welcome captain, please set your chocks" (or wouldn't it be amazing if GSX could set the chocks in place for you  ;)) and then "Chocks in place, you can release the parking brake" etc etc...currently it's very quiet when you arrive at the gate

We already thought something like this in beta testing, perhaps even *playing* the PMDG sounds, but we need to be sure the dialog and the lenghts fits together.

WebMaximus

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 10:24:49 pm »
Sounds great, looking forward to what you guys come up with!
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 01:58:46 pm »
OK...three more things I want to add for my wish-list and they might have already been asked for by others so sorry if this is a repetition.

1. The ground crew voice during p/b sounds more like a computer than human, I hope you'll be able to fix more natural sounding voices in future versions.

2. After the p/b is finished I'm asked by the ground crew to release my parking brake but when you're flying online and it often takes a minute or two before you're fully ready and have received your taxi clearence from ATC and having GSX nagging about releasing the parking brake during all this time becomes rather annoying so it would be great if this message only was played one time or at least if the time between the messages could be increased. Same thing when they ask you to release the parking brake to start p/b, would be great if the time for this message to repeat could also be increased a bit.

3. When the p/b is finished it feels odd that both the ground crew and the p/b truck stands right in front of the a/c and stays there until you released your parking brake. Would be better if the p/b truck drives away or at least to the side a bit and that the ground crew will give you his "All clear" signal on either the left or right side of the a/c just like IRL rather than in front of the a/c.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 02:03:50 pm »
Pushback suggestions have been already discussed in many other threads, we'll sure take note of them.

marvic

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 02:40:06 pm »
I would like to suggest Ground a/c units, Generators and portable starting units when not at the gates and for us in the Great White North, DE-Icing.
Cheers, Marvic.

WebMaximus

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 02:49:49 pm »
I would like to suggest Ground a/c units, Generators and portable starting units when not at the gates and for us in the Great White North, DE-Icing.

+1
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 03:03:01 pm »
GPU and De-icers were always in plans (in fact, we even announced them in the first video we made on YouTube, 10 monts ago), and we also made De-icers in some sceneries since years, just look at Zurich in winter...however, we would probably need to upgrade our Zurich models to GSX quality standard and, of course, De-icers should really de-ice, so we postponed it to do it right.

marvic

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 04:30:25 pm »
That's great news. Looking forward to future developments.
Cheers, Marvic.