Author Topic: YouControl menu order  (Read 5310 times)

WebMaximus

YouControl menu order
« on: February 04, 2012, 02:16:51 am »
One thing although a minor thing I find a bit strange is the logic looking at the order of the menu items in the YouControl menu used to interact with GSX.

The first option is deboard if my memory serves which to me feels very strange...how likely would you IRL as a pilot come to the a/c you're assigned to fly and find it already fully loaded and then start by deboarding?!

More likely the logical order and as IRL would be you come to an empty a/c and then start by asking for fuel, catering etc before letting the PAX onto the a/c and last thing after landing at your destination and having parked at the gate you would deboard the PAX.

Again, not a big deal but just feels a bit odd with the current order of menu items.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: YouControl menu order
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 02:22:40 am »
That would seem odd from a point of view of departing, but it makes sense if you are landing.

If the order was changed to start from 1 from a point of view of departing, it would then look odd when landing.

WebMaximus

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 09:56:08 pm »
Hmm...maybe it's just me being stupid here but not sure if I follow you now...don't you always start a new flight by sitting at a gate preparing for departure which makes it a bit strange when the first option is to deboard? You not very often start a flight by landing do you or am I missing something here...?
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 10:01:47 pm »
You not very often start a flight by landing do you or am I missing something here...?

Maybe you departed without using GSX, but then decided to use it before landing. In any case, it's not really a big issue, we can change the menu ordering very easily

WebMaximus

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 10:05:45 pm »
You're right, not a big deal at all  :)
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 04:19:32 pm »
Ok, I've now done some more flying and must say the current menu order continues to feel strange and I'm pretty sure most people just like me start the majority of their GSX sessions at the departure gate rather in midair so if it's easy for you I for one would really appreciate if you could change the menu order to read

1. Request fueling
2. Request catering service
3. Request boarding
4. Prepare for push-back and departure
5. Request deboarding

At least to me this would be a much more logical order for 99% of my flights, what does everyone else think...?
Richard Åsberg

drayton_k

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 04:43:21 pm »
I totally agree, this would be a much better way.

Could the menu options be changed easily now?