Author Topic: List of supported airplanes in GSX  (Read 347372 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: List of supported airplanes in GSX
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2012, 07:19:41 pm »
is there anyway, we could ad the planes by our self? Because that would make your life easyer :-)

Yes, we are planning an interactive airplane editor that can be used inside GSX, this should be able to fix almost all freeware models and most of the simpler commercial ones.

The more complex types, like PMDG, Captain Sim, Qualitywings, FS Labs, etc, that have all custom door controls and other goodies, will always need to be provided by us, which is not really a big issue, since we covered most of them already in a very short time.

ricardo_r

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2012, 08:31:54 pm »
The stairs on the iFly 737-800 don't align correctly with the doors. I'd be very appreciated if it could be fixed. ;)
Ricardo Rodrigues

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2012, 08:42:34 pm »
I don't see any misalignment in your screenshot.

N55211

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2012, 09:51:46 pm »
Hello.  Great product.   I read the note about the Leonardo MD-80.  Hopefully they will respond to be able to update it to a Level 2.   Anyway, at the current Level 0, I am having a problem with the catering.   All works fine and the catering truck arrives as requested.  Then it requests that I open "Exit 3" .  I open the right forward service door (which also opens the left rear service door) but nothing happens.   It continues to wait for me to open "Exit 3".    I've tried opening every door there is to open (including forward & rear airstair) but nothing works.   Thoughts??   (i hope this hasn't already been asked.  I tried to search the forums.)

Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2012, 09:55:44 pm »
That's exactly the problem with the Maddog. If an airplane has custom doors, GSX doesn't have any way to know if they are open, unless we can support it at least at Level 1, which means measurement+custom doors support.

We are adding a global switch in the next upgrade to ignore doors and go ahead, to fix these cases, but at present time, you can't really use the Maddog when using services at parking. You can of course use it for Follow Me, Marshalling and Pushback.

paulnd

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2012, 10:05:36 pm »

the top of the stairs cut into the open door, I've noticed the same with the NGX

Paul

ricardo_r

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2012, 10:09:55 pm »

the top of the stairs cut into the open door, I've noticed the same with the NGX

Paul
Yes, that's it.

The iFly -700 is correct, though.
Ricardo Rodrigues

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2012, 11:35:30 pm »

That doesn't mean they aren't aligned, because they are, but rather the model itself doesn't have the space to accomodate the door in the open position so, it's not a problem of the aircraft config file, more like having different models.

Brent Beale

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2012, 02:30:15 am »
So far so good (I'm testing it at PHOG with the NGX).  Any support for the J41?  I know that there's limited stuff to do with a small aircraft, but maybe luggage and the like?

+1 for the JS41

Also, I think marshalling parking operations should be available for ALL aircraft, regardless of type, regardless of the size (isn't this the case in the real world too ? Aren't some GA's, small bizjets and bizprops marshalled to their parking spots in real life ?).

I can imagine some smaller aircraft getting marshalled, without the need for further ground handling services like stairs, cargo belts and catering.

I'd also like to see the JS41.  PMDG uses a "ramp Manager" to control each of the following:
1. an overnight parking kit,
2. chocks,
3. safety pylons,
4. passenger baggage cart,
5. a rope stanchion,
6. Ground Power Unit to provide AC power while parked,
7. main cabin door,
8. the baggage pod doors,
9. aft cargo door.

Cheers
Brent
i7-7700K, ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, Asus GeForce GTX 970, 32Gb, TM Warthog HOTAS, W10 64bit, DX10 FSX with Accel

Brent Beale

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2012, 02:42:18 am »
Also, I think marshalling parking operations should be available for ALL aircraft, regardless of type, regardless of the size (isn't this the case in the real world too ? Aren't some GA's, small bizjets and bizprops marshalled to their parking spots in real life ?).

There aren't any limitations to marshalling for smaller planes now.

Umberto
Today I experienced GSX telling me that I couldn't marshal a Twin Otter at CYLW at a large GA parking spot..."pushback for your aircraft not available at this position".  I also was prevented from marshalling at KORS with a Beechcraft Duke Turbine.

Cheers,
Brent
i7-7700K, ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, Asus GeForce GTX 970, 32Gb, TM Warthog HOTAS, W10 64bit, DX10 FSX with Accel

pierreaf

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2012, 02:22:59 pm »
+ 1 for the pmdg js41
will be great!
nice software your gsx
makes flights more realistic
thanks so much
Pierre

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2012, 07:10:10 pm »
Today I experienced GSX telling me that I couldn't marshal a Twin Otter at CYLW at a large GA parking spot..."pushback for your aircraft not available at this position".  I also was prevented from marshalling at KORS with a Beechcraft Duke Turbine.

The unavailability of the Pushback is not really related to the airplane (unless it's missing the front gear), but it's decided by the airport AFCAD in the Pushback parameter of the parking spot. If the designer set it to "None", GSX will respect that, on the assumption the designer set it that way for some reason. Of course, it might be just a mistake, but GSX can't possibly know the difference...

In any case, we are working on a feature that will allow users to customize an airport, and set some parameters for each parking, overriding what's in the AFCAD.

Johan

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2012, 08:58:37 pm »
Umberto,

I would like to suggest the Concorde from Libardo Guzman as being supported one day when you have time :) It has more than 40,000 downloads. Right now, GSX almost works with it, except for the alignment between catering/luggage conveyor, and the door locations.
Thanks,

Johan

Brent Beale

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2012, 09:21:34 pm »

The unavailability of the Pushback is not really related to the airplane (unless it's missing the front gear), but it's decided by the airport AFCAD in the Pushback parameter of the parking spot. If the designer set it to "None", GSX will respect that, on the assumption the designer set it that way for some reason. Of course, it might be just a mistake, but GSX can't possibly know the difference...

In any case, we are working on a feature that will allow users to customize an airport, and set some parameters for each parking, overriding what's in the AFCAD.

Thanks - FWIW, these airports were both published by Orbyx.  I'll raise the issue with those folks and see if they can shed any light on what you've said here.

DrJ1

« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2012, 10:01:12 pm »
Umberto, 

A couple of issues with the Captain Sim 757.    When requesting pushback, GSX requests "Close APU intake".    In order to close the intake, I would have to shut down the apu !??   This can't be right.  What will power the electrical and bleed air until the engines can be started?    Obviously needs corrected.

Also at the end of the pushback sequence at KFLL the pushback tug appears to Rip the nose gear off the plane -- This reults in the plane crashing and the simulator is reset.   I tried to get a picture of it, but was unable to as the sim began to reset before I could get a screenshot.   I will possibly try a few more times to get a picture.

Thanks for listening